Saturday Ground Update

35years

Gravy route
Is work schedule company seniority or center seniority? It should be center.
I disagree. I believe it should be bldg wide seniority, rather than Center seniority.
If you were to be laid off, you could bump into another center in your bldg, so any type of "ask; then force from bottom up" should be done bldg wide.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
Our building is doing building wide...3 centers in the building and they say they need 40 total drivers for the building...I'm guessing they will use closer to 60

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Are the Saturday preloaders loading all of the package cars or just the ones delivering Saturday ground? How can they load half of Mondays volume?
The belts are split up. Saturday loads on one. Loads for Monday on the other two. They can load half of mondays volume because that's all we are essentially doing is delivering Monday volume, except commercial. So the Monday cars get the commercial stops thrown in, then, they get extra trashed on Monday when the rest of the volume comes in. It's awesome.

Peppermint Patty

Cardboard Pusher
So our building is scheduled to start Saturday ground before the end of the month. For those of you who have already started Saturday what happened to your Saturday Air operation. Is it seperate? Did it stop completely? Or are those drivers running routes on Saturday required to deliver Saturday Air with their route? Just curious.

So our building is scheduled to start Saturday ground before the end of the month. For those of you who have already started Saturday what happened to your Saturday Air operation. Is it seperate? Did it stop completely? Or are those drivers running routes on Saturday required to deliver Saturday Air with their route? Just curious.
They only used a few air drivers.

Peppermint Patty

Cardboard Pusher
Thanks guys. I have a good friend in the building who is a Saturday driver. Wanted to know how this would affect them. Thought maybe it wasn't going to happen for awhile but turns out it is right around the corner.

rod

Retired 22 years
There was a story on the news this morning about UPS Sat. delivery. They showed a map of cities that were scheduled for it. Pretty much every major city in the USA.