Saturday Ground Update

tourists24

My centers management and supervisor team cant do things right now.... I cant imagine how things are gonna get with all this stuff on top of M-friend

ManInBrown

so you know there's a problem and you have the direct ability to help someone fix that problem but instead you'd rather just bitch and complain about it
When I was a newer driver, I gave input and nothing was ever corrected. It was similar to walking up to a tree and telling the tree there was a problem. In one ear and out the other. I don't waste my breathe anymore. I would never be able to get those 30 seconds of my life back, so why bother.

ManInBrown

so you know there's a problem and you have the direct ability to help someone fix that problem but instead you'd rather just bitch and complain about it
I'm not bitching about it. I couldn't care less that Orion thinks I can drive thru a forest. I'll drive around in circles all day if they want me to. This is a board for ups drivers to shoot the sheet and tell funny stories.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I think you know that is BS. I've been told by the center manager and PDS that they weren't going to change my first stop in ORION, and I still must comply, despite the fact it had my air stops reversed and making a dangerous left turn. Right out of the gate. Most days.

Construe that as bitching; if the people I work for do not care, why would I?

tourists24

When I was a newer driver, I gave input and nothing was ever corrected. It was similar to walking up to a tree and telling the tree there was a problem. In one ear and out the other. I don't waste my breathe anymore. I would never be able to get those 30 seconds of my life back, so why bother.
The most famous response..... "We'll look into it" .... I knew I had just wasted my time

ManInBrown

I asked my on car one day during a safety ride, how come when I go in a one way in one way out street, with side streets off main road, it doesn't just have me do all on right on way in, and on way out do all on left? Instead of pulling in making left hand turns, it would eliminate all left hand turns. Aren't they more dangerous according to UPS? His answer was classic. Because I would have to go in the system and make all the streets no left turn Illegal from the main artery. "And I can't be bothered to do that"

That sums up in a nutshell why I give no input. I can't be bothered either. And TearsInRain actually wonders why we don't try to correct problems. LOLOL.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
I asked my on car one day during a safety ride, how come when I go in a one way in one way out street, with side streets off main road, it doesn't just have me do all on right on way in, and on way out do all on left? Instead of pulling in making left hand turns, it would eliminate all left hand turns. Aren't they more dangerous according to UPS? His answer was classic. Because I would have to go in the system and make all the streets no left turn from the main artery. "And I can't be bothered to do that"

That sums up in a nutshell why I give no input. I can't be bothered either. And TearsInRain actually wonders why we don't try to correct problems. LOLOL.

well you hadn't said that you tried yet, that changes everything

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
well you hadn't said that you tried yet, that changes everything
Most of us have been trying to correct things for 5-10 years.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein

I'm mostly sane so why continue and expect different results?

JackStraw

Doesn't orion correct itself when you do something that makes more sense? Say I go into a development and do it the right way every time. I heard it will pick up on this and input it into your equation.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Doesn't orion correct itself when you do something that makes more sense? Say I go into a development and do it the right way every time. I heard it will pick up on this and input it into your equation.
If it increases miles and thus fuel, not in my eyes. It could be much more economical to deliver from the correct side of the street, as well as traffic patterns and so on....so we save time; however if it increases mileage by a fraction, it's not going to ingest this new data for the future.

The last I checked, anyway ;)

tourists24

Pickups are not part of the trace compliance as the day that I ran 100% the pickups were not made according to their schedule.
Exactly. At least on my route this is a major problem. For years these customers get their pickups at certain times(all after 330pm). This doesn't fit the ORION plan but it does for the customer and management. Did I miss a PCM saying there is no such thing as pickup compliance or something?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Exactly. At least on my route this is a major problem. For years these customers get their pickups at certain times(all after 330pm). This doesn't fit the ORION plan but it does for the customer and management. Did I miss a PCM saying there is no such thing as pickup compliance or something?

It hasn't been the flavor of the month for some time now.

Orion first stop is the hot topic now.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Yes------Orion does "learn" based upon how you run your area.
Why would it have be go into a cul-de-sac to deliver a pkg and 2 hours later go back into the same cul-de-sac to deliver on the opposite side.???? Really Einstein??? There's the real problem with this system.. It's too advanced and complicated for the simpletons who are working with it on a daily basis....they gave these Orion teams a crash course in the use of it and off they go, with hardly any input from us. Then they leave and now we have the next layer of local mgt who knows even less about Orion trying to "play" with it on a daily basis and that's when things get friend up. The upper mgt doesn't let the local mgt make any decisions that could positively affect the operations, it's all done from 5 levels up, but they will let the local scrubs play with a 3/4 of a billion dollar system that they absolutely don't understand???? Brilliant and just another reason why corporations are so out of touch with things.... Ups, United airlines, etc, etc....the list is a mile long

Coldworld

60 months and counting
It hasn't been the flavor of the month for some time now.

Orion first stop is the hot topic now.
How does it feel to be a rat in a cage on a spinning wheel... Knowing no matter how fast you go on that wheel you go nowhere and nothing matters....what a pathetic existence.... Not pointed toward you explicitly.... Just to the Job in general....