Saturday hours?

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
They can't really force anyone to do anything if they aren't punched in.
Yeah but they can make you work on saturday if your low in seniority and have hours left going into saturday. Thats why i punch 60 and sleep in like a mofoe saturday while the res of the dumb suckers work on saturday lol.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If you have hours left, can they tell you you are working Saturday? Or do they ask you?

Offer from the top down.
Then force from the bottom up.

This is the right answer. At time and a half for the day you would be surprised who would say "yes".

Maybe maybe not. I heard about Sunday the 21st as a possible work day.

This would depend upon where we are at that point and if weather has had any impact on our operations.

They can't really force anyone to do anything if they aren't punched in.

True but at double or even triple time again you would be surprised who would say "yes".

BTW, they can force from the bottom up as the operation needs dictate.

M

Mike hunt

This is the right answer. At time and a half for the day you would be surprised who would say "yes".

This would depend upon where we are at that point and if weather has had any impact on our operations.

True but at double or even triple time again you would be surprised who would say "yes".

BTW, they can force from the bottom up as the operation needs dictate.
Yea I agree but making them get in the car and come to work is a different animal.

M

Mike hunt

Yeah but they can make you work on saturday if your low in seniority and have hours left going into saturday. Thats why i punch 60 and sleep in like a mofoe saturday while the res of the dumb suckers work on saturday lol.
Yea I do the same thing but the point that I'm trying to make is if you have good attendance they can't force you to do anything. Even with bad attendance they can't make a man do anything that they don't want to do if they aren't punched in.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Yea I do the same thing but the point that I'm trying to make is if you have good attendance they can't force you to do anything. Even with bad attendance they can't make a man do anything that they don't want to do if they aren't punched in.
You can try and not come in as the low guy on the totem pole with plenty of hours going into saturday, but i bet youll be up in the office monday morning with your steward, i bet ya that much. If your on that list as mandatory work on saturday that is.

upsman68

I've been working Saturdays for the past 6 months. The past two weeks I get an extra two hours sweeping UPS stores. At time and half it's easy money

M

Mike hunt

You can try and not come in as the low guy on the totem pole with plenty of hours going into saturday, but i bet youll be up in the office monday morning with your steward, i bet ya that much. If your on that list as mandatory work on saturday that is.
Yea they will probably want to talk.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
The job is only as hard as you make it to be on yourself really. As long as your smart n hook it up for yourself, it dont have to be that hard n can be alot easier, youd be surprised lol.

barnyard

KTM rider
Last year, we worked 1 Saturday. I had hours available, so I came in. Went through the trucks on the areas that I covered and got all the sig required stuff from Friday. Got all them off, plus a DFU from my area (positive) and all the stuff I had assigned. I think it took me 5 hours, stopped at a coffee shop and they gave me a coffee and piece of cake. Turned out to be a nice day.

I had 7 hours available.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
The only time they forced us to work a Saturday was when we had a blizzard peak day. If anybody had more than two hours left were forced to come in. I had four left so I went in and ran for three.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
The only time they forced us to work a Saturday was when we had a blizzard peak day. If anybody had more than two hours left were forced to come in. I had four left so I went in and ran for three.
Did they pay you for 8 hours? No way I am getting my old butt out of bed on a Saturday to work for an 05 of 2 to 3 hours. Offer me my 8 hour gaurantee or do without my services.