Saturday's causing pay issues

542thruNthru

I'm in CA. Out here we have PT cover drivers. We have a twilight shift and a sunrise shift. Cover drivers are being forced to work T-S.

Ok this is the issue. All twilight PT cover drivers pay checks are continuously wrong. Either the pay rate is wrong or the hours are wrong or both.

As you can probably guess these guys are really starting to get upset. They have been informed of Art.17 and are demanding it. This has been going on for over 10 weeks.

What I'm wondering is if anyone here might know anything else they can do. If anyone has dealt with a issue like this. Any thoughts or knowledge about this would be helpful. Thanks.

Box Ox

I'm in CA. Out here we have PT cover drivers. We have a twilight shift and a sunrise shift.

I'm confused by the mere concept of part timer hour drivers who are not air drivers and run during twilight and sunrise shifts. You know what pay codes they use?

Hope someone has a good answer.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
what's their schedule and what kind of work do they do during their shift

are they hub employees working inside at all, or is it all on road?

llamainmypocket

I take a screenshot of my hours from upsers.com, count up driver hours, overtime driver hours, inside hours, and overtime inside hours, then I match it up to my pay stub. If it's off, I notify my sup.

It's pretty much always off. You have to let them know every day you drive.

542thruNthru

I'm confused by the mere concept of part timer hour drivers who are not air drivers and run during twilight and sunrise shifts. You know what pay codes they use?

Hope someone has a good answer.

Sorry I didn't explain it very well. A PT cover driver is a PT employee that covers routes on a weekly basis. Because of Saturdays many cover drivers are driving year round. So think of them as fulltime drivers just make less money. The PT cover drivers that came from twilight are all having pay check problems. The preload cover drivers are not.

542thruNthru

what's their schedule and what kind of work do they do during their shift

are they hub employees working inside at all, or is it all on road?

Their schedule is T-S and they are driving the whole time. They drive fulltime hours but are technically still classified as PT employees.

LeadBelly

Banned
I'm in CA. Out here we have PT cover drivers. We have a twilight shift and a sunrise shift. Cover drivers are being forced to work T-S.

Ok this is the issue. All twilight PT cover drivers pay checks are continuously wrong. Either the pay rate is wrong or the hours are wrong or both.

As you can probably guess these guys are really starting to get upset. They have been informed of Art.17 and are demanding it. This has been going on for over 10 weeks.

What I'm wondering is if anyone here might know anything else they can do. If anyone has dealt with a issue like this. Any thoughts or knowledge about this would be helpful. Thanks.
Wage and Hour Division (WHD) - U.S. Department of Labor