Savers

john chesney

I had a saver that was for a business on this country route i was covering on friday but the problem was that it was next to my last stop. It was no way i was going to get there by 1500 hrs so i messaged the center. They told me we cant have no lates. So i had to break trace at 225pm past by 50 stops to make this commit and then run the route in reverse. I was over by 40 miles that day. All i know is I better hear nothing come monday.
This is impossible with Orion must be your fault

Zowert

I Res/Comm this saver once while covering a route, knowing it’s a residential address, turns out it was a business being run out of some dude’s basement. Got in trouble for delivering it after 3. FML.

ManInBrown

I Res/Comm this saver once while covering a route, knowing it’s a residential address, turns out it was a business being run out of some dude’s basement. Got in trouble for delivering it after 3. FML.
That’s not a business. That’s a residence. If it’s a house where people live, it doesn’t matter if they’re running a business out of it. It’s a house.

Future

Victory Ride
That’s not a business. That’s a residence. If it’s a house where people live, it doesn’t matter if they’re running a business out of it. It’s a house.
Forget the exact definition .... but in some circumstances ... it could be considered a buisness

ManInBrown

Forget the exact definition .... but in some circumstances ... it could be considered a buisness
No one would get in trouble for sheeting that a residence. I had this exact discussion with my on car and when I was in package I had a huge bullseye on my back. They would have loved to fire me. Told me flat out, if it looks like a house, smells like a house, it’s a house.

Future

Victory Ride
No one would get in trouble for sheeting that a residence. I had this exact discussion with my on car and when I was in package I had a huge bullseye on my back. They would have loved to fire me. Told me flat out, if it looks like a house, smells like a house, it’s a house.
Just saying there is some long definition ....of the proper method ...

ManInBrown

The only exception obv being when a lawyer or an accountant turns one of those old houses into an office. That’s a business. But you can clearly tell when you walk in no one puts their head down at night there.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
How did I miss that being red and all?
giphy (31).gif

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I had a saver that was for a business on this country route i was covering on friday but the problem was that it was next to my last stop. It was no way i was going to get there by 1500 hrs so i messaged the center. They told me we cant have no lates. So i had to break trace at 225pm past by 50 stops to make this commit and then run the route in reverse. I was over by 40 miles that day. All i know is I better hear nothing come monday.
This is where Orion really screws up.

I would have broken to do the stop then driven all of the way back to where Orion had me and been 60 miles over lol.

JustDeliverIt

Here's what I don't get. If Orion and the entire dispatch system is so great, why doesn't it recognize resi/com on it's own and remove/keep commit times accordingly. It knows every business that I have to get a signature or CIR but savers are the one thing in the system that doesn't get regulated properly? WTF

Zowert

I agree. I am almost certain it was a woman running her MLM “business” out of her house. This person is known to call the center and complain that her packages weren’t showing up during “business hours”. I told her she could always have her stuff shipped ‘Next Day Air’ if she wanted her packages first thing in the morning. She looked at me like I’m crazy.