Say NO to 70 hr work weeks petition

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We dont even have enough volume to keep all our FT drivers working. Our bottom 5 seniority drivers work about 2 days a week. In order to work 70 hrs a week that would mean that the volume in our center would have to double. Even during Peak there's no way we would work over 60 hrs a week with our volume.

It's not as though we are going to immediately go to 70 hour weeks or a 6 day work schedule upon contract ratification. The Company simply wants to have either (or both) of these options available to them in case they are needed within the next 5 years.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
It was a joke . Relax
38B556F6-9FD2-4D8C-8FA5-F02D5172ED12.gif

Maplewood

I don't need to sign a politically motivated petition to know that we are striking if MANDATORY 70 hour weeks for pkg car drivers ever happens again.

El Correcto

god is dead
Sure why not, I’m not going to get a lot done in that 70 hours if that’s how it’s going to be.
Be prepared to pay significantly more for diminishing returns come 50+ hours of work.

Heavy Package

3 day 13 hour days? Sign my ass up 4 days off, thats an improvement.

I can't imagine the stop count on a day like that. I'm in the suburbs of a medium-size city. Start time of 9am puts me on-route 9:30am until 10pm with a 30 minute drive back to the hub? Who the hell wants their doorbell rung at night? What about pick-ups and getting back to service the air and ground?

This proposal sounds like a scam by UPS. But I know guys who will take the 3-on and 4- off schedule. I bet UPS would make this a Fri-Sun schedule LMAO.

Staydryitsraining

I can't imagine the stop count on a day like that. I'm in the suburbs of a medium-size city. Start time of 9am puts me on-route 9:30am until 10pm with a 30 minute drive back to the hub? Who the hell wants their doorbell rung at night? What about pick-ups and getting back to service the air and ground?

This proposal sounds like a scam by UPS. But I know guys who will take the 3-on and 4- off schedule. I bet UPS would make this a Fri-Sun schedule LMAO.
Pm air drivers? I dont know and we dont need sigs at comm. Stops now so maybe we dont need to knock either? Haha, look 4 days off a week in any capacity means i see my family more.