Scabs

bacha29

Once the word gets out that X will offer these terms during peak it will make it that much tougher for IC/ISP to get someone to work for him during peek for what a IC/ISP can offer. Imagine what those contractor employed people thought when they saw those guys loading up their cars at 10 bucks a stop when that contractor employed person is getting barely 10 bucks an hour.Don't be surprised if those IC/ISP's who couldn't keep up and as a result required X to bring in Gubers to cover that area will lose their exclusive "negoiating' rights when it comes to their next contract because in the eyes of X it is tantamount to a service failure.In the future it will become impossible for even the best IC/ISP's to appease those people at X when all power rests with them.

STFXG

You're acting like this is the first time they've used cartage agents. Hasn't changed things in other buildings where contractors have failed. They come in, clean it up, and go. Back to business as usual.

bacha29

Cartage agents? Is that what they call those guys who are out there doing commercial freight work using what are licensed and insured as personal private vehicles and are to be used only for that purpose? In my state there are scores of people out there hauling Amish around in their personal vehicle for cash under the table. In 1998 State Farm after paying about a 2 million dollar claim for a guy who was in a wreck doing that and it was his fault and forunately for him he along with3 or 4 others were killed stated publicly that if they caught you doing that they would cancel your policy and prosecute same goes if your were in a wreck doing that and filed a claim. Then the PUC started nailing people for publicly offering the service without a PUC or ICC number .These 'cartage agents" are doing the same thing. How do they get way with it? Please advise. Thank you.

CJinx

Why don't the contractors with those areas go ahead and tell x they can't take their volume? Temps only take volume that the contractor allows them to. Maybe you should be calling your fellow contractors "scabs" for allowing x to take it.
Right to ensure service would come into play if the entity that is contracted to service the volume can't or won't do so.

bacha29

Amish (aka, "the plain people" or the Anibaptist") or just plain" friend*!*#ing Amish hire us 'english" to take them on trips outside the operating range of their horse and buggy. Always pay the driver in cash which only rarely gets reported as income along with no operating authority( PUC,ICC) and operated on private vehicle insurance. When State Farm blew the whistle on this practice there semed to be finally a sincere effort to crack down on this illegal practice especially involving people who publicly advertise their services. Remember, the Amish don't abide by 'english" law , the line they use when they are facing charges. In response to increased efforts to prosecute this activity some Amish with approval from the "elder" are now buying cars and hiring 'english" to drive drive them.

It will be fine

Amish (aka, "the plain people" or the Anibaptist") or just plain" friend*!*#ing Amish hire us 'english" to take them on trips outside the operating range of their horse and buggy. Always pay the driver in cash which only rarely gets reported as income along with no operating authority( PUC,ICC) and operated on private vehicle insurance. When State Farm blew the whistle on this practice there semed to be finally a sincere effort to crack down on this illegal practice especially involving people who publicly advertise their services. Remember, the Amish don't abide by 'english" law , the line they use when they are facing charges. In response to increased efforts to prosecute this activity some Amish with approval from the "elder" are now buying cars and hiring 'english" to drive drive them.
So Gypsy cabs?

bbsam

Staff member
10 bucks a stop? Not that great. This is stuff contractors are giving up. Let me clue you in: it's in the middle of nowhere and 30 mils to the next "white house next to the big red barn".

Meanwhile the contractor stays in town and cleans up the tight, profitable stops.

At least that's how I'd do it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

10 bucks a stop? Not that great. This is stuff contractors are giving up. Let me clue you in: it's in the middle of nowhere and 30 mils to the next "white house next to the big red barn".

Meanwhile the contractor stays in town and cleans up the tight, profitable stops.

At least that's how I'd do it.

Are you being given that choice?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You're acting like this is the first time they've used cartage agents. Hasn't changed things in other buildings where contractors have failed. They come in, clean it up, and go. Back to business as usual.

Pretty profitable to pay $10 per Ground stop, and $20 per hour for Express helpers. Think this might cut into profits just a bit? Oh, and if Fred can afford to pay Uber drivers or whomever $10 per stop and still make any profit, you're getting screwed deep and hard.

werenotthepostoffice

deep down inside I really do not care
No doubt!
Fred is screwing people every day.

FedEx rates are about equal to UPS.UPS drivers make a great wage and have terrific benefits and the company maintains all of the vehicles. Where does the profit that FedEx go? To hourly employees? To keeping ALL vehicles maintained,express and ground? Insurance with a very low out of pocket for ALL hourlies,express and ground?

Every FedEx driver I meet are nice folks and I have nothing but respect for my fellow package car pilots but I find it disgusting that Fred S,the richest guy in Tennessee,can look himself in the mirror knowing he has ground ground drivers making $12 an hour with no insurance or any kind of job security.

Fedwhatnow

More scabs today this time office scabs came to my terminal and took many orders under sameday that has too be costing a fortune.My SM said the geniuses at X force many of ISPs to hand over some critical orders(whatever that means) too them but we're picking up the bill

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    34.9 KB · Views: 295

dezguy

More scabs today this time office scabs came to my terminal and took many orders under sameday that has too be costing a fortune.My SM said the geniuses at X force many of ISPs to hand over some critical orders(whatever that means) too them but we're picking up the bill
FedEx Same day drivers are FedEx employees. I don't think they can really be considered scabs...

That's the equivalent of saying I'm a scab because Ground diverted all their stupid Lulu Lemon :censored2: to us and had me delivering it for them, today.