Scabs

MaineGroundDriver

Express is doing the same around here ... everywhere else too? They call them "agents" .. delivering out of personal vehicles, no scanner, hand sheets, no unis .. never seen it before

MAKAVELI

This is very interesting. Same Day couriers are not part of the Express division and I would think they are covered under the NLRA. Maybe the Teamsters should try to organize them. Hmm....

Fedwhatnow

FedEx Same day drivers are FedEx employees. I don't think they can really be considered scabs...

That's the equivalent of saying I'm a scab because Ground diverted all their stupid Lulu Lemon :censored2: to us and had me delivering it for them, today.

Than I guess your scab.
FedEx Sameday are not employees either and even if they were that doesn't make them drivers or couriers like the rest of us that's a scab too us .

dezguy

Than I guess your scab.
FedEx Sameday are not employees either and even if they were that doesn't make them drivers or couriers like the rest of us that's a scab too us .
You really don't know the definition of a scab, do you? And sorry to inform you but FedEx same day couriers are hourly FedEx employees.

Artee

Express is doing the same around here ... everywhere else too? They call them "agents" .. delivering out of personal vehicles, no scanner, hand sheets, no unis .. never seen it before

When I was a courier 18 + years ago we had cartage agents at the station everyday to take out missorts that would come in late on other airlines. We had a driver that would go to the airport and pick up packages from the airlines that we expedited(bought seats for), would bring them back to the station and they would get split up between the overflow driver and the cartage agents to go out for delivery. They would usually be driving a mini pick up with a shell on it and would hand sheet all the deliveries. They would bring that delivery record back to the station in the PM and the CSA's would hand enter all the POD's.

RedAngel

More scabs today this time office scabs came to my terminal and took many orders under sameday that has too be costing a fortune.My SM said the geniuses at X force many of ISPs to hand over some critical orders(whatever that means) too them but we're picking up the bill
Your welcome.How a about little appreciation for helping you guys out with something that had nothing to do with us.Btw my ID badge says FedEx Services not "Contractor" or "vendor" I'm pretty sure We fall right under Employee.Correct me if in wrong but isn't a scab a person that works for a Union company but does not participate in any Union activities like walks or strikes or pays there dues.This is why people don't like Ground.So disrespectful.

bacha29

Red Angel: scabs are people who cross union picket lines and go to work for a company, most cases in an effort to undermine the effect of the strike to destabilize or break a union. In this case people who are being referred to as 'scabs' do not fully meet the definition of a scab worker but I can see some parallels in this case especially when you look at the stop rate they are being paid, ridiculously disproportionate compared to the rate the 'independent contractor" or " Independent Service Provider" is being paid.

RedAngel

Red Angel: scabs are people who cross union picket lines and go to work for a company, most cases in an effort to undermine the effect of the strike to destabilize or break a union. In this case people who are being referred to as 'scabs' do not fully meet the definition of a scab worker but I can see some parallels in this case especially when you look at the stop rate they are being paid, ridiculously disproportionate compared to the rate the 'independent contractor" or " Independent Service Provider" is being paid.

Thanks for the info bacha29 and
I agree with what you're saying,3rd party vendors with lower standards,appearances don't belong in our FedEx system specially if they are under cutting our guys.But a FedEx Sameday courier does not fall in that Category.Thats like calling Express drivers scabs for helping out with messes the ISP's are dealing with.

gixxer squid

I can recall years where everyone in management, including HR and BD, put on browns and delivered in their personal cars.

Boy. I bet them days have long been over. :)

What happened to the days where you started at the bottom and worked your way up to get where you wanted.

Now it's who you know or what school you went to that projects you to the top.

Highly unlikely 99% of management could do 100 stops with a month of training.

Fedwhatnow

Your welcome.How a about little appreciation for helping you guys out with something that had nothing to do with us.Btw my ID badge says FedEx Services not "Contractor" or "vendor" I'm pretty sure We fall right under Employee.Correct me if in wrong but isn't a scab a person that works for a Union company but does not participate in any Union activities like walks or strikes or pays there dues.This is why people don't like Ground.So disrespectful.

Not like I ask for anything
I might not be an employee but I work my butt off along with my fellows Ground drivers,like bacha29 said the fact that you're people came and they had to pay you more money,
makes you guys a bunch of scabs sorry not being disrespectful just how we see things.It doesn't matter who you are really express,freight, etc whatever stay away from Ground/HD.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I might not be an employee but I work my butt off along with my fellows Ground drivers,like bacha29 said the fact that you're people came and they had to pay you more money,
makes you guys a bunch of scabs sorry not being disrespectful just how we see things.It doesn't matter who you are really express,freight, etc whatever stay away from Ground/HD.
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1450924270.899926.jpg

dezguy

... They didn't pay them more money... They paid them their hourly rate...

And again, they are FedEx employees delivering FedEx packages. You really need to learn the definition of what a scab is.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Alright, that's it!, THAT - IS - IT!! I'm putting this whole matter to bed once and for all

Here ya all be

There - any questions???