Scanning pick ups

onewithedd

I scan every package I pick up, even toners as was walk up pick up. I have no “end of day” barcodes. I have always been under the impression that “every package every day” means exactly that!

Thebrownblob

I scan every package I pick up, even toners as was walk up pick up. I have no “end of day” barcodes. I have always been under the impression that “every package every day” means exactly that!
We’ve had this argument with management when they have threatened with discipline for scanning packages at pick ups. We also made it clear to them. They can’t hold people responsible if the drivers manual count, is not accurate, especially at large volume pick ups.

YourMissingCallTag

We’ve had this argument with management when they have threatened with discipline for scanning packages at pick ups. We also made it clear to them. They can’t hold people responsible if the drivers manual count, is not accurate, especially at large volume pick ups.
Wait a minute are you implying that management wants to have it both ways? I find this to be shocking….

JustDeliverIt

I scan every package I pickup except those accounts with an end of day.

That’s how I was trained to do it as well, but it’s the new hot topic. Supervisor told us that if an account wants every pick up piece scanned they need to call their account rep and there is some paperwork to fill out.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Why do you people make it so hard...
Scan a walk up pick up, drop boxes and on calls.
Scan end of day (if your customer is not printing one ask them to print it...
or count pick up pieces and enter into Diad.
If an account requires a scan on pick up for pick up pieces there will be a local agreement or corporate agreement letter on file.

This has been in place for over a decade...quit making up :censored2:...

DOK

They don't have an end of day?
No end of day. It’s an interweb fulfillment warehouse, packages just keep coming down a conveyer belt 24/7, workers stack them on pallets, when I get there they roll over the pallets that are full then I leave. I leave as they’re continually loading up the next days packages. They ship FedEx, DHL, and post office too, busy place.

Thebrownblob

Why do you people make it so hard...
Scan a walk up pick up, drop boxes and on calls.
Scan end of day (if your customer is not printing one ask them to print it...
or count pick up pieces and enter into Diad.
If an account requires a scan on pick up for pick up pieces there will be a local agreement or corporate agreement letter on file.

This has been in place for over a decade...quit making up :censored2:...
That’s a great idea. I don’t have a problem with it the majority of the time, but we have a lot of large pick ups that do not ship using the world ship system they use their own system that does not print end of day, and they ship thousands of packages, a mix of international next day, air and ground. It’s next to impossible to get an accurate count unless you want somebody to stay there for several hours.

No end of day. It’s an interweb fulfillment warehouse, packages just keep coming down a conveyer belt 24/7, workers stack them on pallets, when I get there they roll over the pallets that are full then I leave. I leave as they’re continually loading up the next days packages. They ship FedEx, DHL, and post office too, busy place.
Well sent you aren't allowed to scan them, just write a number on each of one.🙂

Dragon

Package Center Manager
a quick count, put in diad and continue on your day...