Scary world

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Stop production harassment.
Treat employees with dignity and respect.
Don't violate the contract.
Also offer a buyout for Teamster employees with 30 years of service at around 100k!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

Start Producing.
You are the employee, not the employer - do what you are told.
Quit picking which parts of the contract to follow and which ones not too.
Why? The 70K-100K you make a year is not enough to retire on?

Sorry 407 - fight fire with fire.....

Johney

What is funny is that the terrorists claim a victory in that they only spent a few grand on this unsuccessful plot yet claim it will cost the shipping companies tons of cash to combat this type of threat. They may be right but are they really hurting our economy? Sure maybe UPS and FedEx and all airlines for that matter will spend more money,but someone is making tons of money on all this new equipment we need to so call protect ourselves. So did they really succeed in anything?

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Your in mgmt and are suppose to keep the best interests of your employees in mind at all times...right ...its not unreasable to know what precautions ups is doing to protect employees. I'm not trying to had a tit for tat here...its a reasonable question. Are you saying that the plane that crashed was mechanical in dubaui??

I am assuming that UPS is following guidelines issued by the FAA, Dept. of Homeland Security, State Department and other government agencies in order to keep its employees safe. Is it perfect??? By no means. Do I think they should tell us what they are doing, outside general guidelines? Nope, not unless the employee is directly involved in handling packages in these area's.

I have no idea what caused the plane crash in Dubaui, I can only guess from all the information released by UPS and what is on the news.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Also offer a buyout for Teamster employees with 30 years of service at around 100k!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

This one confuses me. Most pension plans allow you to retire with 30 years of service. Some have a minimum retirement age, some combine years of service and age (Peer 80) while others simply require 30 years of service.

Now, if you had suggested this buyout at 25 years of service with a net amount of $100K, I would ask you where do I sign.

Start Producing.
You are the employee, not the employer - do what you are told.
Quit picking which parts of the contract to follow and which ones not too.
Why? The 70K-100K you make a year is not enough to retire on?

Sorry 407 - fight fire with fire.....
first I'm a scratch driver
Second I thank the good lord JESUS for Ups everyday I wake up.
Third I was just bustin balls.
I've got 5+ million doller pickup accounts times 2 I'm producing.

PS
If your not carrying cardboard I'm carrying you.

Returntosender

Terrorism has been around forever but this is the first time that I know that ups has been directly involved and from what different groups have been putting on their websites this will continue...so what is ups doing to protect their employees. Its a serious issue dragon,two pilots have already died.ok let's focus on keeping the pc doors secured...all the while the possibility of dangerous packages could already be in the back of the truck...maybe you should try again.
http://www.snopes.com/rumors/upsuniforms.asp Interesting that after UPS claims this story is fake. UPS issued New uniforms to drivers with a new UPS logo.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I am assuming that UPS is following guidelines issued by the FAA, Dept. of Homeland Security, State Department and other government agencies in order to keep its employees safe. Is it perfect??? By no means. Do I think they should tell us what they are doing, outside general guidelines? Nope, not unless the employee is directly involved in handling packages in these area's.

I have no idea what caused the plane crash in Dubaui, I can only guess from all the information released by UPS and what is on the news.

That is a fair answer...I hope that ups and other companies affected by this are proactive in their response.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
first I'm a scratch driver
Second I thank the good lord JESUS for Ups everyday I wake up.
Third I was just bustin balls.
I've got 5+ million doller pickup accounts times 2 I'm producing.

PS
If your not carrying cardboard I'm carrying you.

You as much as anyone should know that being overallowed has no direct correlation with how productive a person is...its not a fair system period..I work hard move 800 pieces a day and am 1+over a day...I go from stop to stop and have very little interaction with the customers...but there are other drivers who are slower than me but are less overallowed...real fair system...now back to the original post

thessalonian13

So what is it exactly, you want us to say to you, about being a target for terrorism??

Here - I will help you with the first one everyone else feel free to add yours.

PLEASE KEEP YOUR VEHICLE SECURED AT ALL TIMES.
It does not matter if our package car is secure!!!!!!!!!!!! If the package is loaded on to our truck and detonates, it won't really matter if we have our bulkhead door open or closed.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It does not matter if our package car is secure!!!!!!!!!!!! If the package is loaded on to our truck and detonates, it won't really matter if we have our bulkhead door open or closed.

You are right but keeping your bulkhead door closed prevents someone from putting a pkg in there while you are away from the car.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

OK, but my point was anyone could pack up a bomb, hand it to you, and as long as it was packed well you (or me or any of us) would put it in the truck for them

Yes but the same could hold true for the UPS store or the drop boxes that I pick up.

UPS is in business to make money and will only incorporate those safety measures that do not impact the bottom line.

over9five

Staff member
Yes but the same could hold true for the UPS store or the drop boxes that I pick up.

UPS is in business to make money and will only incorporate those safety measures that do not impact the bottom line.

Agreed.

I'm just saying securing the car (although I agree with doing that) does not prevent anyone from getting a bomb onto a PC.