Scavengers - What have you found...

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
I could be like Fred Sanford and drive around on trash day picking up stuff. Maybe that can supplement my pension. Lol.

I seen a retired person doing this... lives half a mile away from a scrap yard. I see him collect metal scrap in my gated community & if I see him struggling with an appliance, I'll help him out.

In turn, he will hold the good repairable bicycles on the side for me to take to the local bike shop that repair and refurbish them for the less fortunate

SmithBarney

I seen a retired person doing this... lives half a mile away from a scrap yard. I see him collect metal scrap in my gated community & if I see him struggling with an appliance, I'll help him out.

In turn, he will hold the good repairable bicycles on the side for me to take to the local bike shop that repair and refurbish them for the less fortunate

We have yearly "clean out" days where people will put all sorts of items out. And the scavengers are out in force.. I put out some old aluminum storm window frames, had about 10 of them, by the time I got back from the shed, the ones I just brought out were gone(as was the scrapper) I have no problem with scrappers, they are keeping things out of landfills and making a $ too.. We as a society waste too much, take a drive behind your local supermarket to see how much we waste, no one in this country should ever go hungry with the amount we just throw away.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
We have yearly "clean out" days where people will put all sorts of items out. And the scavengers are out in force.. I put out some old aluminum storm window frames, had about 10 of them, by the time I got back from the shed, the ones I just brought out were gone(as was the scrapper) I have no problem with scrappers, they are keeping things out of landfills and making a $ too.. We as a society waste too much, take a drive behind your local supermarket to see how much we waste, no one in this country should ever go hungry with the amount we just throw away.
I agree 100%. I always try to find a home for things I’m getting rid of. I hate the idea of perfectly good things going to the landfill that others would love to have and need.

I had a bunch of old movies on VHS. I took them and some puzzles to a retirement home. They were happy to have them. A box of games went to the daycare my daughter used to go to.

dezguy

After we bought our first home, we found a great deal on a stove. The stove that came with the house was 1970's tastic. I got the old stove to the curb and went back in for the racks, etc. I was gone for maybe 2 minutes and by the time I got back to the front door, the stove was gone.

I'm amazed how quick scavengers can be.

whenIgetthere

After we bought our first home, we found a great deal on a stove. The stove that came with the house was 1970's tastic. I got the old stove to the curb and went back in for the racks, etc. I was gone for maybe 2 minutes and by the time I got back to the front door, the stove was gone.

I'm amazed how quick scavengers can be.

We have one who comes thru the neighborhood every trash day morning at 5:30 am while I am walking the dogs. His pick up is usually loaded to the gills by then.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
_20180628_234037.JPG

Scored a green machine! Nuthin wrong wif it...

So the rest of the afternoon, I put a tote at the end of it & went down customers driveways instead of using my 2 wheeler handtruck
DSC_0003.JPG

Fun times that day I'm gonna get pvc pipes to fit over the rear tires to do some awesome power slides

Similar to this
images.jpeg

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
On the other side of the boat it says ‘CANDY!’ and there’s a short fat naked sweaty old bald guy with “miserable people are miserable” tattooed across both buttocks cheeks laying down inside of it. :huh:

overflowed

On the other side of the boat it says ‘CANDY!’ and there’s a short fat naked sweaty old bald guy with “miserable people are miserable” tattooed across both buttocks cheeks laying down inside of it. :huh:
Hmm, could be old fart. Be careful Orion. You'll end up miserable for all times.