schedule change - less than 24 hrs preload

shaco

The Demon Jester
I am one of the few people at my location scheduled monday-friday because of the holiday this week it seems that they are trying to schedule everyone tomorrow. I am pretty sure I don't have to go in, am on a 4 day punch rn.. did not give me 24 hours notice forsure told me at 11:05 am

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
over-here-here.gif

On topic.

Just trying to help

542thruNthru

I am one of the few people at my location scheduled monday-friday because of the holiday this week it seems that they are trying to schedule everyone tomorrow. I am pretty sure I don't have to go in, am on a 4 day punch rn.. did not give me 24 hours notice forsure told me at 11:05 am
Where are you?

542thruNthru

Ok couple questions.
Do you have a contract book?
Have you spoke with a shop steward?
Where did you hear the "24 hour notice" line from?

The reason I ask about the 24 hour notice is because it's a common rumor spread by the membership. The company does not have to give you 24 hours notice (at least where you are) unless I'm missing a local rider for you that I can't seem to find.

But!...

You're scheduled work days should have been posted last week.
Screenshot_20210910-153941_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

If you're being forced in by seniority that's a different issue.

Last edited:

shaco

The Demon Jester
Ok couple questions.
Do you have a contract book?
Have you spoke with a shop steward?
Where did you hear the "24 hour notice" line from?

The reason I ask about the 24 hour notice is because it's a common rumor spread by the membership. The company does not have to give you 24 hours notice (at least where you are) unless I'm missing a local rider for you that I can't seem to find.

But!...

Your scheduled work days should have been posted last week.
View attachment 351503

If you're being forced in by seniority that's a different issue.
I was perusing the forums and I had come across a couple of threads, they don't really do the posted start times im my building its kind of a word of mouth sorta deal at the end of the day, I would have talked to a steward about it today if they had notified me before I left the building

I am forsure scheduled for m-friend though

542thruNthru

I was perusing the forums and I had come across a couple of threads, they don't really do the posted start times im my building its kind of a word of mouth sorta deal at the end of the day, I would have talked to a steward about it today if they had notified me before I left the building
Do you have an attendance problem?

If not just call in and say. "Can make it today. Cya Monday!"

Then on Monday speak with a Shop Steward for future reference.

shaco

The Demon Jester
Do you have an attendance problem?

If not just call in and say. "Can make it today. Cya Monday!"

Then on Monday speak with a Shop Steward for future reference.
I called in for the first time in about a year a few weeks ago, forgot what they said but it was whatever discipline comes before a warning letter or it was a warning letter all of our write ups disappear after 9 months

wish they woulda notified me before I left the building today I would have been able to talk to the steward

542thruNthru

I called in for the first time in about a year a few weeks ago, forgot what they said but it was whatever discipline comes before a warning letter or it was a warning letter all of our write ups disappear after 9 months

wish they woulda notified me before I left the building today I would have been able to talk to the steward
So how did they notify you? Also did you respond?