Schools today

moreluck

golden ticket member
So, the story is untrue? The pictures weren't taken down ? Where's the story site saying so ?
You blame FOX, but you offer no proof that the incident didn't happen. Pretty phony (tos) !!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
So, the story is untrue? The pictures weren't taken down ? Where's the story site saying so ?
You blame FOX, but you offer no proof that the incident didn't happen. Pretty phony (tos) !!

I'll bet you wish all today's kids could cipher with a piece of charcoal on a shovel like you did as a student.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Ask the kids today to sign their name.......they only know how to print. Way to go at dumbing down the kids!!

Cursive writing serves no purpose in todays society. A signature is the only reason use "handwriting". Its a digital age, and kids today dont have wooden desks and teachers with rulers in their hands either moreluck.

Your days of schooling is long gone.

Kids today need to learn how to process on a computer and use a printer. Its the future, and you aint a part of it.

Kids today are 100 times smarter than you and your generation.

As has been stated many times to you. "THIS AINT 1935 anymore."

TOS.

rod

Retired 22 years
Cursive writing serves no purpose in todays society. A signature is the only reason use "handwriting". Its a digital age, and kids today dont have wooden desks and teachers with rulers in their hands either moreluck.

Kids today need to learn how to process on a computer and use a printer. Its the future, and you aint a part of it.

TOS.

They should also know reading, writing and especially math so I don't have to stand there in agony while they figure out how to make change. When was the last time a kid "failed " school and didn't graduate? From what I have witnessed in the last 10-20 years all you have to do to graduate is attend school because no one gets held back anymore. No child left behind is a joke

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I remember a few years ago I was at our local Dairy Queen (which is now a Starbucks) when the power went out. The kid running the register had no idea how to make change.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

TOS.

Yes. Cursive writing is an anachronism and most kids these days can do things with a computer by the time they're 8 that would have most of us studying the manual for several days. My pre-teen daughter can already code and create her own video games. I can't.

Bottom rung

They should also know reading, writing and especially math so I don't have to stand there in agony while they figure out how to make change. When was the last time a kid "failed " school and didn't graduate? From what I have witnessed in the last 10-20 years all you have to do to graduate is attend school because no one gets held back anymore. No child left behind is a joke
If you think no child left behind was a joke do a quick search on common core. That garbage makes no child left behind look like a wonderful program. Race to the bottom, we're winning.

moreluck

golden ticket member
5t8BeEq.png

moreluck

golden ticket member
Latin is and was a complete waste of class time. Guess we are moving in the right direction.
I use Latin all the time in determining the root meaning of words, English words. This is especially true in medical terms.
If someone says "you're having a Thoracentesis", I know what they are talking about!

oldngray

nowhere special
I use Latin all the time in determining the root meaning of words, English words. This is especially true in medical terms.
If someone says "you're having a Thoracentesis", I know what they are talking about!

You can learn the common Latin root words without needing to learn the details of the language that you will never use.