SCOTUS Upholds the ACA

bacha29

How about we stop allowing price gouging on medical supplies and treatment? Insurance comes with its own moral hazards, on one hand it helps people who need treatment, on the other, people feel the need to use it, even if there is no need, because they are paying for it, thus increasing the burden on the healthcare system, thus increasing already fraudulently inflated prices.
Giving more than just lip service to the idea of Medicare for all would be an important first step.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Giving more than just lip service to the idea of Medicare for all would be an important first step.

Medicare for all is a terrible idea. Private insurance is bad enough, having the government involved in our medical decisions is the worst idea in the history of bad ideas. The problems caused by their single payer system in Canada were the primary excuses for why they went full totalitarianist during the pandemic. I think I'd rather die of an easily treated condition than have Medicare for all.

It will be fine

Medicare for all is a terrible idea. Private insurance is bad enough, having the government involved in our medical decisions is the worst idea in the history of bad ideas. The problems caused by their single payer system in Canada were the primary excuses for why they went full totalitarianist during the pandemic. I think I'd rather die of an easily treated condition than have Medicare for all.
Are you under the impression the government is not involved currently? It’s just done in an ad hoc, sloppy, and often redundant system.

El Correcto

god is dead
I'm disappointed with your poor effort at deflection The objective of the ACA was get some insurance for those who have none as well as to try to save a healthcare system that was collapsing under the weight of uncompensated care. In fact according to the Center for Budget and Policy Priorities 44% of those Americans who are receiving some form of public welfare benefits including Medicaid work full time. So lets see what one of your simplistic solutions can do to solve that matter.
I know adding another unfunded liability we can’t afford and that will tail spiral into escalating prices and debt is not the right move.

also “the rich” can’t afford it.

bacha29

But what would you do if you had a not so easily treated condition ? Trouble is some people are so contented and spoiled by their employer's company sponsored and paid health insurance that they think everybody has what they have as well as completely unaware of the incredible premiums their employer has to pay..... Until they get laid off and are offered COBRA when they are absolutely floored by the premiums. So high they can't even begin to pay them.

Confronted by that reality when COVID hit, what did millions do? They went into the exchanges created by the ACA and founded subsidized insurance plans based on income . It's why right now 31 million Americans are covered under the ACA.

By the way..... what ever happened to "repeal and replace with something better" ?

bacha29

Nope, and as a U.S. taxpayer I have just as much right as anyone to express my opinion on how things are done.
Since Mexico is now your new permanent home shouldn't your focus now be the affairs of state of the nation of Mexico? BTW as a so called "taxpayer" you freely admitted that you have paid no federal income tax in years.

bacha29

I know adding another unfunded liability we can’t afford and that will tail spiral into escalating prices and debt is not the right move.

also “the rich” can’t afford it.
The Trump tac cut was also an unfunded liability that had to be offset with what was at the time record borrowing . How come you weren't afraid of that?

vantexan

Since Mexico is now your new permanent home shouldn't your focus now be the affairs of state of the nation of Mexico? BTW as a so called "taxpayer" you freely admitted that you have paid no federal income tax in years.
I haven't filed for awhile but when I was working I paid plenty. Guess you missed my reply where I told you I was in Florida assisting my father who's about to have two knee replacement surgeries. I'm here through the rest of the year, maybe beyond. Then I'm going camping in Argentina. Don't plan to be in Mexico again.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
But what would you do if you had a not so easily treated condition ? Trouble is some people are so contented and spoiled by their employer's company sponsored and paid health insurance that they think everybody has what they have as well as completely unaware of the incredible premiums their employer has to pay..... Until they get laid off and are offered COBRA when they are absolutely floored by the premiums. So high they can't even begin to pay them.

Confronted by that reality when COVID hit, what did millions do? They went into the exchanges created by the ACA and founded subsidized insurance plans based on income . It's why right now 31 million Americans are covered under the ACA.

By the way..... what ever happened to "repeal and replace with something better" ?

I wonder how many people would be able to afford premiums and quality healthcare if the root causes of the excess costs were effectively addressed, rather that putting a giant, and ever expanding, government spending and control bandaid over the whole thing.

The problem with healthcare is too much misapplied governance, the solution can't possibly be more misapplied governance.

bacha29

I haven't filed for awhile but when I was working I paid plenty. Guess you missed my reply where I told you I was in Florida assisting my father who's about to have two knee replacement surgeries. I'm here through the rest of the year, maybe beyond. Then I'm going camping in Argentina. Don't plan to be in Mexico again.
And how far back was "awhile"?