SCOTUS Upholds the ACA

bacha29

I wonder how many people would be able to afford premiums and quality healthcare if the root causes of the excess costs were effectively addressed, rather that putting a giant, and ever expanding, government spending and control bandaid over the whole thing.

The problem with healthcare is too much misapplied governance, the solution can't possibly be more misapplied governance.
Instead of platitudes and generalizations what data do you have to offer to support your excessive costs claim? One cost that might be brought under control is the estimated 400 million dollars a year that are spent on claims filing and reporting for all the many different insurers.
Under the ACA insurers are required to spend 85% of their premiums receipts on actual care for their subscribers. Rest assured their managed care personnel are busy providing .. well .. managed care.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Instead of platitudes and generalizations what data do you have to offer to support your excessive costs claim? One cost that might be brought under control is the estimated 400 million dollars a year that are spent on claims filing and reporting for all the many different insurers.
Under the ACA insurers are required to spend 85% of their premiums receipts on actual care for their subscribers. Rest assured their managed care personnel are busy providing .. well .. managed care.

They aren't general platitudes if you took the time to educate yourself about the problems with the healthcare system. I'm referencing well documented and acknowledged big picture problems. I don't have the time to educate you. Look into it yourself. Unaccountable government programs never made anything better.

bacha29

They aren't general platitudes if you took the time to educate yourself about the problems with the healthcare system. I'm referencing well documented and acknowledged big picture problems. I don't have the time to educate you. Look into it yourself. Unaccountable government programs never made anything better.
Tell me about these "unaccountable" programs. I would really like to know about the ones who escape the scrutiny of the CBO, GAO and Comptroller General.

vantexan

You're the one who jumped on the "I'm a taxpayer" wagon. But by your own admission you haven't been for quite awhile.
OK, I'm a U.S. citizen and as such I have a right to comment on how things are done no matter where I'm living. Now please explain to me why you are so racist against Mexicans when your party is intent on letting millions of them and others into the country?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Tell me about these "unaccountable" programs. I would really like to know about the ones who escape the scrutiny of the CBO, GAO and Comptroller General.

Lol. Does this mean you concede that healthcare is overpriced? Very well, I accept.

As for unaccountable government programs, I'll have to assume you are feigning ignorance. I'll give you one quick example: federally guaranteed student loans remove any incentive, therefore creating a lack of accountability, for keeping college tuition rates affordable. Check mate.

bacha29

OK, I'm a U.S. citizen and as such I have a right to comment on how things are done no matter where I'm living. Now please explain to me why you are so racist against Mexicans when your party is intent on letting millions of them and others into the country?
Now you trying to play the race card in an effort to deflect from a direct contradiction on your part You jumped on the "I'm a taxpayer" wagon" while having admitted that you haven't filed in years.
Well, on Monday I sent in my Q2 1040ES in addition to a state estimate. At the same time I don't stamp myself with the "I'm a taxpayer" label. Why? Because paying taxes is just another routine, uneventful part of life. You send in the money and you just move on to the next task that is simply another part of living.

bacha29

Lol. Does this mean you concede that healthcare is overpriced? Very well, I accept.

As for unaccountable government programs, I'll have to assume you are feigning ignorance. I'll give you one quick example: federally guaranteed student loans remove any incentive, therefore creating a lack of accountability, for keeping college tuition rates affordable. Check mate.
I made no such concession on whether US healthcare is actually overpriced compared to the quality it has to offer. I'm not qualified to make that determination . Therefore, what qualifications do you have to offer in order to support your analysis of it being overpriced?
Now in an effort to crawl away from the healthcare issue I see that you jumped clean over to the completely unrelated matter of student loans. While getting the loan is guaranteed it does not absolve the student from having to pay it back. So just where and how does it affect the affordability of college tuition? What data do you have that would support your conclusion?

vantexan

Now you trying to play the race card in an effort to deflect from a direct contradiction on your part You jumped on the "I'm a taxpayer" wagon" while having admitted that you haven't filed in years.
Well, on Monday I sent in my Q2 1040ES in addition to a state estimate. At the same time I don't stamp myself with the "I'm a taxpayer" label. Why? Because paying taxes is just another routine, uneventful part of life. You send in the money and you just move on to the next task that is simply another part of living.
You're the one who has denigrated Mexico repeatedly. Why is that?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I made no such concession on whether US healthcare is actually overpriced compared to the quality it has to offer. I'm not qualified to make that determination . Therefore, what qualifications do you have to offer in order to support your analysis of it being overpriced?
Now in an effort to crawl away from the healthcare issue I see that you jumped clean over to the completely unrelated matter of student loans. While getting the loan is guaranteed it does not absolve the student from having to pay it back. So just where and how does it affect the affordability of college tuition? What data do you have that would support your conclusion?

I jumped? Lol. You're funny. You know very well everything I've said is true, it just doesn't fit with excessive government spending like you want, so you pretend that there's just no other solution. And we need qualifications to talk about stuff now? Uh oh. This forum is about to shut down.

floridays

Why should this matter be of any importance to you? Aren't you going to be permanently domiciled in Mexico?
I've got a simple question, actually two for you.

The first

As a US citizen with a minimum of 40 quarters credited under the SSI system is @vantexan eligible, even granted the right under the system to receive his payment even if domiciled in another nation?

Yes or No

The second

Is @vantexan eligible, even granted the same right, if domiciled, to his medicare portion in another nation.

Yes or No

Please explain why not?

floridays

The Trump tac cut was also an unfunded liability that had to be offset with what was at the time record borrowing . How come you weren't afraid of that?
No one can be so obtuse, unless a total commie.
To view allowing a taxpayer to keep more of what they have earned as a liability assumes the government is the rightful owner of all income and assets.

It is easy to see the only asset you own is the one you are currently sitting on.
That asset is obviously not large enough for you to plant on, you need to sit on a part of mine as well.

Keep your hands off my ass.

floridays

I haven't filed for awhile but when I was working I paid plenty. Guess you missed my reply where I told you I was in Florida assisting my father who's about to have two knee replacement surgeries. I'm here through the rest of the year, maybe beyond. Then I'm going camping in Argentina. Don't plan to be in Mexico again.
Better file, unsolicited advice,

unless you plan on dying destitute or are judgment proof.

floridays

I wonder how many people would be able to afford premiums and quality healthcare if the root causes of the excess costs were effectively addressed, rather that putting a giant, and ever expanding, government spending and control bandaid over the whole thing.

The problem with healthcare is too much misapplied governance, the solution can't possibly be more misapplied governance.
The only thing government does is raise the price of healthcare.
Period.

floridays

I take that as a very long time.
I take that as none of your business.

I think your time might be better served, if you are so interested in a citizen paying taxes, as to what your party is giving to illegal entrants that we are required to pay for with our taxes.

floridays

Señor Dumas​

You understand claims are filed under medicare? You understand the medical coders are billing the same codes for the same medical treatments or appearances for payment?

I find it hard to believe you are in the upper 60's, I'd assume someone of your intelligence would have stepped in front of a bus before you were 12.

floridays

You're the one who jumped on the "I'm a taxpayer" wagon. But by your own admission you haven't been for quite awhile.
He stated he hadn't filed.

The great mantra of the left with illegals and other indigents is, "They pay taxes."

Grant the same grace to @vantexan. He is nonetheless a taxpayer under your standards and definition of taxpayer.