Scratching your route

Bmann1884

So I’m on week two for driving I think I’m doing good. The problem is I keep getting back a hour late because they tell me I have to take a lunch. So my question is how do I make up that hour that it says I should be delivering on my board before I get to my car?

Bmann1884

I do that too a tee after I start back from lunch all I have left to sort is my 8000. I thought I was doing good today I did 70 stops before lunch and had 76 left

Bmann1884

I just feel like I can’t even attempt to make up for the hour I lost. Well yeah by running and doing everything not safety. That’s a good way to get dqed

trickpony1

Prepare a decent lunch, complete with sport drinks, at home to take to work.
After your morning commits, find a safe place to park and punch meal.
While eating/drinking lunch, sort your load, organize your thoughts and plan the rest of your day.

The company knows qualifying drivers do this. It isn't a secret.
I did this way back before some of you were born.
After you qualify don't work on meal.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
I used to park at a gas station, go inside and get a drink and a couple hot dogs and sort the truck while I ate. I also would map out my next 20 stops and get a game plan for the rest of my day. You have to log an hour so really there isn’t a whole lot you can do to get that hour back besides making sure your truck is sorted and ready to go. After you qualify, stop doing that immediately. It’s your hour, you aren’t being paid so don’t even think about cardboard until you are being paid again.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
So I’m on week two for driving I think I’m doing good. The problem is I keep getting back a hour late because they tell me I have to take a lunch. So my question is how do I make up that hour that it says I should be delivering on my board before I get to my car?
Tell them “ late start , too much air “
🧔✊

Just concentrate on learning the route. Once you get that all done and you become organized everything else will fall into place

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
No you don't. Runners still skip their lunch. I see a list every morning that people have to sign for their hour lunch that didn't put one in the day before.

So they give up a free hour every day for their fake lunch? At my building we are able to skip our lunch or take a shorter lunch without having our pay docked.

No you don't. Runners still skip their lunch. I see a list every morning that people have to sign for their hour lunch that didn't put one in the day before.
You better check again.
There is a list of people that are working through their lunch cuz it shows up on a report
If you do not put your lunch in then you have another problem

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
You better check again.
There is a list of people that are working through their lunch cuz it shows up on a report
If you do not put your lunch in then you have another problem
Truth in both statements

tenor.gif

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
So they give up a free hour every day for their fake lunch? At my building we are able to skip our lunch or take a shorter lunch without having our pay docked.
Yeah I have no idea why someone would do this. Here, if we forget to log a whole hour, your OR will take the missing time out of your day... while you were working. That’s time you were working which is now being taken away because you forgot to log an hour. You can either do this or take a write up. There are some circumstances where they will allow you to only take 30 but those are rare situations and you have to have your ORS approve it before you clock out for the day.

Yeah I have no idea why someone would do this. Here, if we forget to log a whole hour, your OR will take the missing time out of your day... while you were working. That’s time you were working which is now being taken away because you forgot to log an hour. You can either do this or take a write up. There are some circumstances where they will allow you to only take 30 but those are rare situations and you have to have your ORS approve it before you clock out for the day.
We have the option here of taking 30 or 60. But you have to bid that