Seasonal driver!

Seasonaldriver69

According to my warehouse supervisor I'm done with peek mid January. he needs to wait about 2 weeks and hire me back and get me my own route.

Guess we will see. not understanding the 30 days seniority that I see on here. does seasonal not count to it?

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
According to my warehouse supervisor I'm done with peek mid January. he needs to wait about 2 weeks and hire me back and get me my own route.

Guess we will see. not understanding the 30 days seniority that I see on here. does seasonal not count to it?

He can not get you your own route. No. Never.

It depends on your supplement whether or not days worked under peak count towards your 30 (40) days need to gain seniority. Find a steward.

Seasonaldriver69

He can not get you your own route. No. Never.

It depends on your supplement whether or not days worked under peak count towards your 30 (40) days need to gain seniority. Find a steward.
I'm just saying what he told me today. those were his own words. that's what's frustersting is not knowing who can tell you what. and whose telling the truth etc. I have 2 supervisors. my supervisor of driving who came with me when I first started out, and then his boss which is the warehouse manager. from my understanding ding warehouse manager does hiring and everything. at least that's what I've been told. he's the one who said this to me today. I guess we will see, I'm keeping you all in the loop because Id like to see how this plays out after hearing everything from all of you.

P

pickup

I'm just saying what he told me today. those were his own words. that's what's frustersting is not knowing who can tell you what. and whose telling the truth etc. I have 2 supervisors. my supervisor of driving who came with me when I first started out, and then his boss which is the warehouse manager. from my understanding ding warehouse manager does hiring and everything. at least that's what I've been told. he's the one who said this to me today. I guess we will see, I'm keeping you all in the loop because Id like to see how this plays out after hearing everything from all of you.

Sincerely, I wish you good luck.

wayfair

swollen member

Tell him to quit telling you and to write it down with all of his bosses signatures on the contract... until then... keep running your 12 hours until you figure it out..

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member

You can only control what you can.

Keep doing your job at a good rate until you become a permanent employee. Eventually you will realize that they will keep adding more work until you complain.

But until your permanent, you do everything you can to be on their radar!!

Over 70

I'm a newer Reg-temp and another suggestion is when you finish your route always call back in and see if they need you to do anything else before you truck it back to stay on the radar. It shows you're a team player and want to work.

Last Saturday I was amazed how many of the new guys were crying they had to work a half day running air on Saturday. It was the easiest money I've made at a job in awhile. I guess I come from a construction background and getting it done is what you do.

Seasonaldriver69

I have everyday. they had a few guys quit already complaining. I've worked all but 2 Saturdays since I started. I have another job lined up that pays just as well however I just want to see how this plays out. all the guys at my hubs say the worst time of year is peek season and besides that they love it there and there job. UT after reading things from here I'm wondering myself if it's true. just interesting to me. I'll let you all know what happenes in the end.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I have everyday. they had a few guys quit already complaining. I've worked all but 2 Saturdays since I started. I have another job lined up that pays just as well however I just want to see how this plays out. all the guys at my hubs say the worst time of year is peek season and besides that they love it there and there job. UT after reading things from here I'm wondering myself if it's true. just interesting to me. I'll let you all know what happenes in the end.
image.jpeg

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
I'm a newer Reg-temp and another suggestion is when you finish your route always call back in and see if they need you to do anything else before you truck it back to stay on the radar. It shows you're a team player and want to work.

Last Saturday I was amazed how many of the new guys were crying they had to work a half day running air on Saturday. It was the easiest money I've made at a job in awhile. I guess I come from a construction background and getting it done is what you do.
something is wrong with you