Seeking info on tasks/work duties on Pre Load shift

MKJ

Thanks, I'm asking because on Amazon's nite shift, Sort Shift, there are several jobs/tasks needed during the shift, from Unloaders (unload pkgs off tractor trailer to conveyor belt), Inducters (put route stickers on PKGs), Organizers (directed pkgs to correct section/conveyor belt), Pickers (removed pkgs off conveyer belt to correct aisle), Stowers (scanned PKGs into bags for drivers), Problem Solve (dealt with broken merchandise/boxes, etc), just wondering if there are other tasks/positions besides loading trucks during the shift...

Yolo

UPS is :censored2:ty about this. Job description says 3 to 830. You might be coming in as early as 11pm during peak. Preload is rarely done at 830 here. Its generally around 910-915. During peak you could be getting around 8 hours a day. After peak you may be getting as little as 3.5. I wish UPS was more upfront about the schedule.

MKJ

Thanks for info about scheduling. So basically it's loading the UPS vans, getting them ready for drivers... whatever needs to be done, with 'goal to put in right place'. I've got a year at Amazon, hoping all will go well, just keep busy, and do what I can.

MKJ

Just did group tour of UPS with HR.. Wow, ater seeing inside at 6am, Amazon delivery center is night and day to here, Amazon is like pre-school, and UPS like grad school. Hats off to all of you who have worked here! There we get free vests, gloves, glasses, box cutters out of Grainger vending machine, here you have to supply your own. From what I know, and have seen, Amazon is light years away from ever being anywhere close to the delivery capacity and capabilities of UPS. As far as scheduling, person never mentioned coming in early or leaving late on shift, kept to script of, come in around 3, leave at 830.. so thanks for the heads up on potential during Peak season.

Last edited:

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
Looking for information about what positions/tasks there are on the Preload Shift (3am-830am) Thanks
you're the backbone of the drivers. Ergo, you get yelled at for your PPH, get no help, and hate the job until you get 6 months in and move out.
ZFrIkH2.gif

Joo :censored2:ed up, mang.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Thanks for info about scheduling. So basically it's loading the UPS vans, getting them ready for drivers... whatever needs to be done, with 'goal to put in right place'. I've got a year at Amazon, hoping all will go well, just keep busy, and do what I can.
yes we load vans

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
I think face tattoos are required to get hired for the preload in my hub these days. Maybe just having one on your neck above the collar line will suffice but I am not sure.