Seniority question

jagoff

I am a T-S swing for Express and am one of the lowest ones at my current station. There are only 3 swings below me.

They posted the schedule for next week today...

I am scheduled 6 days which is fairly normal but not at all the issue.

My schedule is 6am-1030 Monday and Tuesday FO/flex then a pickup route starting at 2:30-9. Then Weds, Thurs, and Fri just the pickup route. On Saturday il do my normal 6 hour route.

There is a lower swing with just daylight 6:30-4:30 Monday through Friday on a route that I know.

So my question is this. Do I bring this to the ops managers attention or go straight to HR?

I am more than willing to work as many hours that I can get but have absolutely no interest in days with 4 hour breaks. Am I wrong for thinking this way? Any answers will be much appreciated. Ty in advance.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I am a T-S swing for Express and am one of the lowest ones at my current station. There are only 3 swings below me.

My schedule is 6am-1030 Monday and Tuesday FO/flex then a pickup route starting at 2:30-9. Then Weds, Thurs, and Fri just the pickup route. On Saturday il do my normal 6 hour route.

There is a lower swing with just daylight 6:30-4:30 Monday through Friday on a route that I know.

So my question is this. Do I bring this to the ops managers attention or go straight to HR?

I am more than willing to work as many hours that I can get but have absolutely no interest in days with 4 hour breaks. Am I wrong for thinking this way? Any answers will be much appreciated. Ty in advance.

You are not wrong to think this way. Definitely speak up. The sooner you do, the quicker they will realize not to mess with you. Talk to a manager first.

Are you working six days by choice?

Purplepackage

You can say something but your manager might just tell you that's the way it is. The problem is as long as both of you have your 35 hours there's nothing much you can do.

Though on your split days you could just collect p2 from people and hope it fills your day out, just a suggestion

1fedexFAILURE

I would say to keep an eye on it closely..if it's a first time offense them they are going to give you a lame excuse that you know the othe route better than that person does.. Regardless they can put you on a split 2 days per week in order to get your 35 hours.. Also most likely they are going to say that it is rotational and next week the other guy will have the worse schedule..according to policy they can go straight by seniority or rotational..it usually depends on what the district mandates..ours is based on rotational for everything and seniority means very little unfortunately..

jagoff

You are not wrong to think this way. Definitely speak up. The sooner you do, the quicker they will realize not to mess with you. Talk to a manager first.

Are you working six days by choice?
Yes I work 6 days by choice but only when I'm going well over 40 hours. There was a week in the past that thru scheduled me for 38 hours while working 6 days. I told them that was ridiculous and that I'm not going to work 6 days to make mins. I will speak to a manager in the morning. Thx.

Rhoderunner

I forgot to mention that the lower swing in question is the managers pet. The guy never gets stuck covering pickup routes.
Yeah tell your manager that situation changes now or a call to HR for 'clarification' of the policy is your next step. Every station has 'em. Speak up and refuse to put up with it.

Purplepackage

Come on over to my station we are so short staffed that a part time guy is covering a full route this week and he covers different routes at least twice a week

l22

Review what your offer letter stated. If it didn't say you'd have a schedule like you'd have now, go to management and question them about this - first your ops manager, then your senior and then HR. With all of these steps, I would do it through email so you have a record of what you wrote/they wrote and there is no disputing what was written by management. If management receives your email and tries to talk to you in person about it rather than reply, just tell them, "I'm busy right now, please reply to my email and I will read what you've written later." If none of them do anything to make your schedule more like your coworker's, consider getting a lawyer to represent you in court. Along with getting a lawyer, make sure you preach to the people (your coworkers) who WILL take note of what you're saying and will remember it.

jagoff

My offer letter stated I would be T-S. I'd have to get it out of the file to read all the other details.

In the past they have scheduled me M-friend some weeks to avoid me getting OT on Mondays. I'm sure that isn't up to snuff but I let it slide to have the weekend off.

I've had just about enough of the ridiculous schedule changes.

I realize I'm a swing driver but they really are taking advantage of me.

Maui

My offer letter stated I would be T-S. I'd have to get it out of the file to read all the other details.

In the past they have scheduled me M-friend some weeks to avoid me getting OT on Mondays. I'm sure that isn't up to snuff but I let it slide to have the weekend off.

Are you DOT? If so I am pretty concerned that you will not be getting a 10 hour reset on Tuesday. If you work until 2100 then you should not start before 0700 the following day.

I also think that 15 hours from the start of your day until the end is ridiculous. The four hour break would just make it worse for me.

SmithBarney

Are you DOT? If so I am pretty concerned that you will not be getting a 10 hour reset on Tuesday. If you work until 2100 then you should not start before 0700 the following day.

I also think that 15 hours from the start of your day until the end is ridiculous. The four hour break would just make it worse for me.

Work slow enough to make that 4hr break a 2hr break.. ;)

Purplepackage

So how did that talk go?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Grieve it
Oh wait...