Seniority...... who's got what???

Seniority where I am is based on:

• Total voters

rama'nfeeders

So East Coast Navy you speak about Democracy? The system that's in place for all these years have been voted on every 5 years and has passed in the Democratic system over and over. Now you want change to the system because it helps you and your agenda driven members who came into Feeders late because you all passed it up do to various reasons. Now that you came in so late and are Junior to many people that started way before you you want it changed to your liking. Well,****************************** and to the rest of you All you are the perfect example of self serving individuals who barely coming to the Union Meetings and are dividing a Great Local in Local 177 who the Company despises when we should be concentrating on our next Union Contract. It's a shame that you guys are going around to the buildings and are misleading if not out right lying to them. The system you guys want, especially,********************* only helps you guys because all anybody has to do is go look in Parnj Dispatch and look at there vacation seniority compared to your Feeder seniority and you guys will jump as much as 150 to maybe 250 spots is to help you only. Anyone who only has 10, 15, and even 20 years is an absolute fool to want this because the you all think that you will jump ahead of all the off the street guys, but what you are mistaken because you forget about the other 1,000 to possible 2,500 full time members who can and will come into any classification especially Feeders and can make you go lateral and down in the system you want. The Sytem in place only makes you go upwards ask some of the Package car drivers who came in 1 or 2 years ago and have 25 and upwards of 50-60 people already underneath them. ********** you went into meanj feeders in the early 90's and went back to package because of Family obligations and now you come back into Feeders and want to jump everyone over the last 20 plus years in Feeders who have worked nights and shifted 16 hour shifts!!! Really??? That's why all the Senior Company guys absolutely despise a ****** like yourself who wants to circumvent the system for each and everyone's individual gain. When you look at it for your personal gain than you are not a True Union Member!

Last edited by a moderator:

Coldworld

60 months and counting
So East Coast Navy you speak about Democracy? The system that's in place for all these years have been voted on every 5 years and has passed in the Democratic system over and over. Now you want change to the system because it helps you and your agenda driven members who came into Feeders late because you all passed it up do to various reasons. Now that you came in so late and are Junior to many people that started way before you you want it changed to your liking. Well,****************************** and to the rest of you All you are the perfect example of self serving individuals who barely coming to the Union Meetings and are dividing a Great Local in Local 177 who the Company despises when we should be concentrating on our next Union Contract. It's a shame that you guys are going around to the buildings and are misleading if not out right lying to them. The system you guys want, especially,********************* only helps you guys because all anybody has to do is go look in Parnj Dispatch and look at there vacation seniority compared to your Feeder seniority and you guys will jump as much as 150 to maybe 250 spots is to help you only. Anyone who only has 10, 15, and even 20 years is an absolute fool to want this because the you all think that you will jump ahead of all the off the street guys, but what you are mistaken because you forget about the other 1,000 to possible 2,500 full time members who can and will come into any classification especially Feeders and can make you go lateral and down in the system you want. The Sytem in place only makes you go upwards ask some of the Package car drivers who came in 1 or 2 years ago and have 25 and upwards of 50-60 people already underneath them. ********** you went into meanj feeders in the early 90's and went back to package because of Family obligations and now you come back into Feeders and want to jump everyone over the last 20 plus years in Feeders who have worked nights and shifted 16 hour shifts!!! Really??? That's why all the Senior Company guys absolutely despise a ****** like yourself who wants to circumvent the system for each and everyone's individual gain. When you look at it for your personal gain than you are not a True Union Member!
Part of the problem are guys who don't want to retire.... Who are triple dipping and want to work into their mid 70's... So there is no movement...if drivers would retire in their mid or late 50's and people could move up the list once in a while I would bet my cute chihuahua that this vote wouldn't be happening.....fact

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
When I was a young buck, I was all for the 1 seniority list, especially as I put in the years as a PC driver. When I signed the feeder list, I was #2 in the PC center in seniority. I had between 9 and 10 years as a package driver. I knew going into feeders that I would have to start at the bottom of their seniority list. Coverage, on call, crappy night jobs were all part of it. As the years piled up in feeders, my perspective changed. Did I want 20 year PC drivers fresh out of feeder school to bid better jobs than me? Nope. When I retired, I was about #18 out of about 150 or so drivers. I paid my dues, figuratively, by working my way up through the ranks, and I feel, and have always felt, that that was fair, as long as you know going in. BTW, I passed 2 feeder bids before I took the third one. One of my best friends in PC (We were best men at our respective weddings) who was below me in PC, took the first bid and ended up ahead of me in Feeders. Did it put a burr under my saddle? No, I was fine with it.

Glide09

at freight we have both...classification for route bids company for time off/vacation etc. we have city/dock and road. For us it was designed that way so switching between road and city were separate. I.E. road guys wouldn't switch to city in the winter then back to the road in summer. IDK...no issues here at my barn with it though...everyone's pretty much where they want to be.

This system is only for someone hired off the street feeder or a package guy that got lucky coming into feeder with a few years in the company... For the feeder guys that have a lot of package time that thinks it's a good thing to have classification seniority, to me I think they have stockholm syndrome... To think it's ok to go down on a list when transferring is crazy... As for you rama'nfeeders, I can see your pain knowing the old guard is go and no one is going to help you when this happens...

Last edited:
When I was a young buck, I was all for the 1 seniority list, especially as I put in the years as a PC driver. When I signed the feeder list, I was #2 in the PC center in seniority. I had between 9 and 10 years as a package driver. I knew going into feeders that I would have to start at the bottom of their seniority list. Coverage, on call, crappy night jobs were all part of it. As the years piled up in feeders, my perspective changed. Did I want 20 year PC drivers fresh out of feeder school to bid better jobs than me? Nope. When I retired, I was about #18 out of about 150 or so drivers. I paid my dues, figuratively, by working my way up through the ranks, and I feel, and have always felt, that that was fair, as long as you know going in. BTW, I passed 2 feeder bids before I took the third one. One of my best friends in PC (We were best men at our respective weddings) who was below me in PC, took the first bid and ended up ahead of me in Feeders. Did it put a burr under my saddle? No, I was fine with it.
What about someone that waited 14 years to go into feeders and has 15 years full time? What about someone that had five years package and then goes feeder for 19 years, then goes to clerk and a couple years later and goes back to feeder to the bottom? Does it make it right for them to be stripped? It sounds like who is the lucky of the bunch get the best instead of who earned everyday they punched in that clock, day after day after day!

By The Book

What about someone that waited 14 years to go into feeders and has 15 years full time? What about someone that had five years package and then goes feeder for 19 years, then goes to clerk and a couple years later and goes back to feeder to the bottom? Does it make it right for them to be stripped? It sounds like who is the lucky of the bunch get the best instead of who earned everyday they punched in that clock, day after day after day!
Let's get one thing straight, no one loses their seniority when they transfer to feeders. They are placed at the bottom of that list is all, unless your area dovetails you in. I'm saying this in the most literal way possible. Last I checked once your in feeders you, for the most part stay in feeders. You don't bounce around unless you are feeder relief, and then you usually only have one other bid job that you do. You make a valid argument about how your own seniority is not being honored. Will it change in your UPS career at your location, don't count on it.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
It sounds like who is the lucky of the bunch get the best instead of who earned everyday they punched in that clock, day after day after day!
It takes different times to get into feeders depending on where you are located. Lucky? Not sure about that. With all due respect, I earned everything I accomplished in my 38 years working for this outfit. I didn't luck into anything. I went from the top of PC seniority (#2) to the bottom of feeder seniority. Worked my way up in 29 years. I worked nights for almost 20 years. Didn't get to pick vacations when it was convenient for my wife or kids. I had nothing handed to me. I now have to walk with a cane to get around because of this job. This is the way seniority works in the part of the country I worked in. If you want sympathy from me because you feel like you need to be treated special, you've come to the wrong place.

Let's get one thing straight, no one loses their seniority when they transfer to feeders. They are placed at the bottom of that list is all, unless your area dovetails you in. I'm saying this in the most literal way possible. Last I checked once your in feeders you, for the most part stay in feeders. You don't bounce around unless you are feeder relief, and then you usually only have one other bid job that you do. You make a valid argument about how your own seniority is not being honored. Will it change in your UPS career at your location, don't count on it.
If you are not in local 177.. You would only know have of what I am saying. In local 177 member tranfers in and out of feeder all the time... You just see a lot more come into feeder then out because there's so many feeder jobs in local 177.. More then any other job in the local (except for package) Everywhere you get stripped... Not just feeder... All classifications... A majority of members in local 177 want it changed in the next contract...

It takes different times to get into feeders depending on where you are located. Lucky? Not sure about that. With all due respect, I earned everything I accomplished in my 38 years working for this outfit. I didn't luck into anything. I went from the top of PC seniority (#2) to the bottom of feeder seniority. Worked my way up in 29 years. I worked nights for almost 20 years. Didn't get to pick vacations when it was convenient for my wife or kids. I had nothing handed to me. I now have to walk with a cane to get around because of this job. This is the way seniority works in the part of the country I worked in. If you want sympathy from me because you feel like you need to be treated special, you've come to the wrong place.
In local 177 if you have 15 years full time and have been on the list for 12 years to go feeders (then get called) vs a member that has one year full time seniority and gets called to feeders... Yes the member with one year got lucky... There is no way around that... HE OR SHE GOT LUCKY!

Last edited:

rama'nfeeders

Here's the problem East Coast Navy is that Terry K, Frank friend, Mike J, Paul B. Passed over numerous times to come into Feeders. You came into Feeders when it worked for you and your families. So you could have been way up the seniority list instead of being in the 200's. You knew it and that's tough on you. As for Jimmy W. And Frank P. You came into feeders and went back and no you come back you think you should jump ahead of the people who came into Feeders after you went back to package. That's just a self serving selfless person in my eyes. It's no wonder I don't see half of you if not more at the Local 177 meetings. Just in case you guys don't look at the glass casings in all of the feeder office our next meeting is January 8th, 2017.

Inthegame

Here's the problem East Coast Navy is that Terry K, Frank friend, Mike J, Paul B. Passed over numerous times to come into Feeders. You came into Feeders when it worked for you and your families. So you could have been way up the seniority list instead of being in the 200's. You knew it and that's tough on you. As for Jimmy W. And Frank P. You came into feeders and went back and no you come back you think you should jump ahead of the people who came into Feeders after you went back to package. That's just a self serving selfless person in my eyes. It's no wonder I don't see half of you if not more at the Local 177 meetings. Just in case you guys don't look at the glass casings in all of the feeder office our next meeting is January 8th, 2017.
Bam!

1st, I'm at all the meetings... At least the ones that matter... Don't worry, will be there... 2nd, YOU BET YOUR BASS I think it's right they can come over when ever... Just because someone stayed in package (The suck) longer doesn't make ok to strip them.. If anything, the stayed in that sheet show longer... If you are not willing to share the benefits of seniority then why do we have it... I'm sorry but you are the selfish one to me. This classification seniority is separating us.. It's time for change!

rama'nfeeders

So I leave package obtain my CDL oneyear if not ten years before you and you come over from package and you should jump ahead of me in Feeders because you started Full time before me??? I don't think so! Just curious does my part time years count towards my company seniority? Remember like I stated most came over late because of there families, some went back because they couldn't handle the first rodeo in Feeders, and if they stayed in package longer then they are just STUPID!!! We aren't divided......you are helping the members become divided since you go around to different buildings looking for support by lying to them to help your Agenda! If you want this so bad why don't you transfer to Local 804!

So I leave package obtain my CDL oneyear if not ten years before you and you come over from package and you should jump ahead of me in Feeders because you started Full time before me??? I don't think so! Just curious does my part time years count towards my company seniority? Remember like I stated most came over late because of there families, some went back because they couldn't handle the first rodeo in Feeders, and if they stayed in package longer then they are just STUPID!!! We aren't divided......you are helping the members become divided since you go around to different buildings looking for support by lying to them to help your Agenda! If you want this so bad why don't you transfer to Local 804!
Your part time should count but I don't think it will because the part timers that are in part time now aren't coming foward... They don't care what happens... So it's up to the majority of members that do... As for the lying to the members talk... That is what you guys are doing... Tell members you will get kicked back to package, they are not including part timers, I transfer to package I should be able to bump a member off his or her route if this happens... The list goes on on how you and a group of members are string a web of lyes... Well the truth will come out soon and it will set you free.

rama'nfeeders

Didn't Terry K.tell Secretary Treasurer that the Union could make that decision??? Is that because Terry and Mike J have no to very little part time years??? The reason the part timers are behind you is because the way you want it for yourselves doesn't help the part timers at all. They see your B. S.

rama'nfeeders

I meant the part timers are not behind is because you would have there best interest when it came to them to go full time. You talk about fairness, equality, and seniority. All I see is how each person looks at it to help themselves which is the complete opposite of what a Brotherhood stands for.

over9five

Staff member
All I see is how each person looks at it to help themselves which is the complete opposite of what a Brotherhood stands for.
But isn't that what you're doing too? Using a fake seniority date (classification seniority) so that you'll be ahead of men who have more time with the company, more time in the union, and more time paying dues than you do.