Seniority...... who's got what???

Seniority where I am is based on:

• Total voters

UnconTROLLed

perfection
But isn't that what you're doing too? Using a fake seniority date (classification seniority) so that you'll be ahead of men who have more time with the company, more time in the union, and more time paying dues than you do.
Another argument is that they are using 8 whole years of FT driving (which gave them #2 seniority in the center) then going into feeders. 8 years is near or at the bottom of most FT package car driving lists that I have seen, locally. I'm going to guess that their situation does not reflect the vast majority of people who work in at least reasonable size centers, who would be at the bottom of PC car driving and have little "classification seniority" to lose.

I meant the part timers are not behind is because you would have there best interest when it came to them to go full time. You talk about fairness, equality, and seniority. All I see is how each person looks at it to help themselves which is the complete opposite of what a Brotherhood stands for.
In order to put part timers in the mix we need part time votes... Or this would never have taken off so well but I guess you already know that because you wouldn't be bring it up all the time... It's funny when a feeder driver that got hired off the street (with NO part time under the belt) is saying if this happens you have to include part timers too, knowing it will put them far more done the seniority list then if they were not included.. If I were them I would just keep my mouth shut on the part time issue... Just saying...

Didn't Terry K.tell Secretary Treasurer that the Union could make that decision??? Is that because Terry and Mike J have no to very little part time years??? The reason the part timers are behind you is because the way you want it for yourselves doesn't help the part timers at all. They see your B. S.
That means it's up to the union to collect the part time proposals to see were it stands... If not enough come foward... Well, you get the picture.

542thruNthru

If you are changing the way your seniority is honored. Shouldn't it include the PT automatically? I mean they are part of the union and the company. You're voting to eliminate classification seniority not just feeder classification right?

rama'nfeeders

Well word coming out the Region and Labor that Corporate got wind of it and that the Company will not budge on this proposal during negotiations due to how insignificant this is compared to economics of the company and there customers. Oh well maybe 2023 we can revisit it what do you think Larry G?

Well word coming out the Region and Labor that Corporate got wind of it and that the Company will not budge on this proposal during negotiations due to how insignificant this is compared to economics of the company and there customers. Oh well maybe 2023 we can revisit it what do you think Larry G?
Bull Sheet... That sounds like something that got pulled out of your bass.. Good luck with that one... Soon the truth will set you free..

rama'nfeeders

Well like you said before I will fall so far down since I am off the street, but what you didn't take into account who got me the job is on the Region at 43rd St. BAM! BAM! BAM!!!!!!!

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Bull Sheet... That sounds like something that got pulled out of your bass.. Good luck with that one... Soon the truth will set you free..
In your experience do you find that the feeder drivers who were hired off the street are the ones throwing the biggest fit about this???

Coldworld

60 months and counting
If it's so insignificant to the company why do they care what the union does...shouldn't be a company issue at all...

Coldworld

60 months and counting
...in what way? At best it is a supplemental issue.
Knowing this company they will take something that has really no impact on them and try to use it during negotiations... And I emphasize the word try.....they try sht all the time knowing damn well it's wrong or won't work...

Inthegame

UPS prefers less transferability as it increases training costs. UPS will not propose or welcome changing seniority systems. The union knows this and will most likely reject this proposal unless it has overwhelming support.

over9five

Staff member
A long time ago, in a center far far away.....

A group of low seniority Me-sters were standing around complaining. "We'll never have seniority over senior men who have been with the company longer than us, who have been in the union longer than us, and who have been paying dues longer than us. This is unacceptable!" "Yeah, this is not right" "This must change!"

So the Me-sters had a meeting with UPS management and told them, "We want seniority over senior men who have been with the company longer than us, who have been in the union longer than us, and who have been paying dues longer than us!" "Yeah, we want this" "Yeah, now!"
The managers said, "This is not an unreasonable request. We'll get back to you!"

In a couple weeks the managers and the Me-sters met again. The managers said, "We have found a way that you will have seniority over senior men who have been with the company longer than you, who have been in the union longer than you, and who have been paying dues longer than you. We will call this Classification seniority....", and they told the Me-sters how it would work.

The Me-sters were overjoyed. They danced, they took the managers out and drank and partied all night.

And the managers laughed and laughed and laughed. They had just stabbed Teamsters nationwide in the heart with a huge divisive wedge. And they had done it with Teamster help....

I'm not saying any man here is a Me-ster. Anyone who has classification seniority now was probably "born into it", so to say. But if you really think about it, if you disregard the benefit you are reaping from it for yourself..... I think you'd come to the conclusion that it is an anti-union and anti-worker system.

Well like you said before I will fall so far down since I am off the street, but what you didn't take into account who got me the job is on the Region at 43rd St. BAM! BAM! BAM!!!!!!!
You are such a Mester with that talk... "Blah blah blah I know so one in management"... "They are going to get me out of this one".... "Blah blah blah"...

Soon the truth will set you free...

A long time ago, in a center far far away.....

A group of low seniority Me-sters were standing around complaining. "We'll never have seniority over senior men who have been with the company longer than us, who have been in the union longer than us, and who have been paying dues longer than us. This is unacceptable!" "Yeah, this is not right" "This must change!"

So the Me-sters had a meeting with UPS management and told them, "We want seniority over senior men who have been with the company longer than us, who have been in the union longer than us, and who have been paying dues longer than us!" "Yeah, we want this" "Yeah, now!"
The managers said, "This is not an unreasonable request. We'll get back to you!"

In a couple weeks the managers and the Me-sters met again. The managers said, "We have found a way that you will have seniority over senior men who have been with the company longer than you, who have been in the union longer than you, and who have been paying dues longer than you. We will call this Classification seniority....", and they told the Me-sters how it would work.

The Me-sters were overjoyed. They danced, they took the managers out and drank and partied all night.

And the managers laughed and laughed and laughed. They had just stabbed Teamsters nationwide in the heart with a huge divisive wedge. And they had done it with Teamster help....

I'm not saying any man here is a Me-ster. Anyone who has classification seniority now was probably "born into it", so to say. But if you really think about it, if you disregard the benefit you are reaping from it for yourself..... I think you'd come to the conclusion that it is an anti-union and anti-worker system.
The only thing wrong to that store is the company really was a group of street feeder guys that became BAs...