Seniority...... who's got what???

Seniority where I am is based on:

• Total voters
Both of you guys, answer me a question; senses I've been answering your questions until my thumbs go numb? How come it's ok when you transfer anywhere in local 177 and get stripped your seniority rights (Not bid, transfer) but when you transfer feeder to feeder you keep your seniority rights? You both haven't put in a single input on it...
I'm not saying it's not the only way to go... I don't like classification seniority because I think it's wrong but if that's what members want who am I to say it is so... So what I'm trying to get at is why should you red line when a majority of members don't want it... Where is it written that you can never harm someone when changing language in a contract? Where is that written? Can you show me?
You haven't asked me one. And.... I don't live on this forum. I check in every so often.
This is two of many that I've asked you..

xkingx

Nice thread!! I have Been trying to get the CORRECT answer if my local is doing seniority right or not when bidding routes in package. They're using classification but the language is tricky I read it as company but then read classification as well.

I've got 15 PT years and 8full time in PC. I can't tell ya how many times the company junior drivers have been so arrogant to shove their board towards me and say "you're running my route today I'm going home"
My reply is "FU Ass hammer you just ruined that chance."
Majority of my part time years was as an air driver. An air driver that was getting 35-45hours a week. IMO PART time YEARS should count for more than just accrued vacation weeks.

Here in Va local 822 your company years don't mean anything when it comes to Full time PC bidding routes ,vacation weeks etc. We use our full time package car start date. How I wish we did just have one seniority list for the bldg.
If a package car driver wants to go into feeders his/her PC seniority carries into feeders. So, they can jump a junior whose already in feeders.

There are a lot of reasons one stays part time longer or doesn't go into feeders just yet. Hours conflict with spouses, kids,college taken care of terminally ill parent and FMLA won't cut it.

One seniority list......simple

Nice thread!! I have Been trying to get the CORRECT answer if my local is doing seniority right or not when bidding routes in package. They're using classification but the language is tricky I read it as company but then read classification as well.

I've got 15 PT years and 8full time in PC. I can't tell ya how many times the company junior drivers have been so arrogant to shove their board towards me and say "you're running my route today I'm going home"
My reply is "FU Ass hammer you just ruined that chance."
Majority of my part time years was as an air driver. An air driver that was getting 35-45hours a week. IMO PART time YEARS should count for more than just accrued vacation weeks.

Here in Va local 822 your company years don't mean anything when it comes to Full time PC bidding routes ,vacation weeks etc. We use our full time package car start date. How I wish we did just have one seniority list for the bldg.
If a package car driver wants to go into feeders his/her PC seniority carries into feeders. So, they can jump a junior whose already in feeders.

There are a lot of reasons one stays part time longer or doesn't go into feeders just yet. Hours conflict with spouses, kids,college taken care of terminally ill parent and FMLA won't cut it.

One seniority list......simple
I agree with you on PT years... Unfortunately not everyone thinks the same.

Feederquacker

first of all..... I answered the first one. To be able to transfer throughout your local to any of fourteen buildings is crazy. Your seniority should be by building. The fact that you crazy people want that type of chaos is weird. You shouldn't have a thousand or more people from all over the state bidding on one master bid list. It's bound to cause trouble.
Second.... as far as the contract saying you should not harm another Teamster, are you kidding me? Why the h@ll do you need that in writing? Just sounds like you're ok with bullying people until you get what you want.

Whatever.....

Feederquacker

I
You haven't had a street hire for feeder in 30 years? Sort of find. that hard to believe
I don't give a damn what you believe. The last street hire for feeder was in either '87 or '89 in my building. If you don't want to believe me then that's your problem. Or, you could call down here and ask if we allow street hires any more. We don't! Package still does their 6-1 but we haven't had one of those either for several years. It's more of a guideline than a stead fast rule. Each Center Manager works it differently.

first of all..... I answered the first one. To be able to transfer throughout your local to any of fourteen buildings is crazy. Your seniority should be by building. The fact that you crazy people want that type of chaos is weird. You shouldn't have a thousand or more people from all over the state bidding on one master bid list. It's bound to cause trouble.
Second.... as far as the contract saying you should not harm another Teamster, are you kidding me? Why the h@ll do you need that in writing? Just sounds like you're ok with bullying people until you get what you want.

Whatever.....
That fact that you can't transfer to another bldg is crazy to a lot of people... As long as you are in the same local and are under the same pension, there is no reason why you can't transfer... Unless that's what the members want... The fact that you want to deny members the right to decide what they want is really crazy.. As for harming someone... Classification seniority harms too..

rama'nfeeders

Yes.. We have a lot of off the street feeder.
As ECN knows that we are one of the largest Feeder Departments in the country (atleast I hope), our package car drivers don't stay in Feeders for several reasons and we are only one if a few Locals who have Casuals for Peak unlike alot of other Locals thru the country because they feel since all employees are maxed out that they allow subcontracting.....we don't allow it unless it's OK'D by the Hall. They Company tries, but when we catch it it's grieved. We have to hire off the street and anyone in Local 177 knows that.

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
That fact that you can't transfer to another bldg is crazy to a lot of people... As long as you are in the same local and are under the same pension, there is no reason why you can't transfer... Unless that's what the members want... The fact that you want to deny members the right to decide what they want is really crazy.. As for harming someone... Classification seniority harms too..
I have 5 years company, 3 years center seniority. I transferred from one center to another within the local to be closer to home

As ECN knows that we are one of the largest Feeder Departments in the country (atleast I hope), our package car drivers don't stay in Feeders for several reasons and we are only one if a few Locals who have Casuals for Peak unlike alot of other Locals thru the country because they feel since all employees are maxed out that they allow subcontracting.....we don't allow it unless it's OK'D by the hall. They Company tries, but when we catch it it's grieved. We have to hire off the street and anyone in Local 177 knows that.
That all could change.

Do you guys lose your seniority if you bid into another delivery center in the same building?
In local 177 you can't bid from center to center... You have to transfer and become a split driver... Then when a job goes up for bid, you can then bid on it... In package you are married to the job when you win the bid.