Window8

Honestly if they sent him home today he’ll lose two days of pay. I’d fight this using the supervisoring working. You might not get your pay for the holiday, but you might receive a nice little check for having two days off.

I haven’t been here a year so I don’t think
i get paid for the holiday anyway.

Window8

The only way I would fight this is if you were on-time ready to work, got all your things together, and simply forgot to punch in. Actually arriving late though do not bother. And the best way to fight being sent home (in general) is to raise your voice and raise hell until the steward hears you.

Here we regularly have late punches because the clock-in machine might not have been set up correctly or there was simply a line in front of it at the start of the shift.

Supervisors working is something separate, I would talk to your shop steward. Where I am, someone else would volunteer to file to earn some bennies and keep your name out.

Nah I walked in late prob min late but time i found a computer to clock in on that was working. I clocked in min late.

I’ll chalk it off to a 4 day weekend and move on

SolidWoodPanel

Probably the Greatest American Alive
Great advice. It’s only 1800 pages. I’ll stsrt today.

Much of it is repetitive and gobbledy-gook. But it has a list of contents page to reference for what information you need. And you're local might have an additional supplement/rider. There's probably only 5-10 pages that would concern you.

IESucks

Curious on the rules. I’m in Chesapeake district of DC.

I clocked in 2 min late. While I was walking to the package car to load it, I was told I wasn’t needed and was being sent home. (Which is fine as I was late and was okay with being sent home)

I later found out that people who haven’t finished their 30 days were working that day (which I’m sure they were on time) so that’s also not anything to care about.

But a buddy of mine said he came in 15 min late and they didn’t say anything to him and let him work the entire shift. He didn’t call ahead of time or anything. He just showed up.

Is that allowed? Again not going to make a federal case about it but I’m just curious as this center is starting to mess with me hard. They do a lot of shady things and I haven’t said anything to the union. I’m just trying to get a better understanding of the contract so that if they want to start giving me crap, I know how hard they can push issues.

If it’s not allowed, anyone know how long I have to grieve it? I’d like to know my options and see if they continue messing with me.

I’ve been on time everyday since, so no more issues as of yet
If they don't like you they can push any issue. if they like you they won't.

PlayTheGame

Thank you!! Appreciate it. I’ve been here for only 5 months. But I’ve paid into the union.

Not saying I’m going to file over this but wanted to know if I could.

Sup here do union work everyday. One guy mentioned it to a Sup that they couldn’t do it and they messed with Hard now.
That's called harassment and you can file a grievance for that. If they harass you just grievance them whenever you can for anything remotely against the rules and they will learn to leave you alone. The tools to protect yourself are there you just have to use them and play the game

sandwich

The resident gearhead
That’s fair. My only gripe is that they agreed to a contract. So they should hold up to their agreement as well.
If you were 3 minutes late and your buddy was 15 minutes late. Is it possible they could have sent you home. Realized 5 minutes later they sent too many people home. Then here comes your buddy strolling in 15 minutes late to :censored2:e show.