Sheeting damages as missed before attempting.

Utahloader

Did anyone notice the diad training on damages? It said to not attempt delivery and sheet as missed. So per ups rules I did just that, only to receive a message on diad saying to call the building and ask for the center manager. center manager made me void out and resheet as not in 1. I recorded the whole phone call, and have it for safe keeping. Don't want packages damaged? Don't overload the truck.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Did anyone notice the diad training on damages? It said to not attempt delivery and sheet as missed. So per ups rules I did just that, only to receive a message on diad saying to call the building and ask for the center manager. center manager made me void out and resheet as not in 1. I recorded the whole phone call, and have it for safe keeping. Don't want packages damaged? Don't overload the truck.
don't do it @Gumby

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
We were told to sheet a damage as “refused” and type “DAM” in the remarks colume. The PM Clerk inspects for damage and then changes the status of the package.

oldngray

nowhere special
We were told to sheet a damage as “refused” and type “DAM” in the remarks colume. The PM Clerk inspects for damage and then changes the status of the package.

So the center doesn't get dinged twice for it. Silly but its all about making the numbers look good.

Indecisi0n

Sheeting packages damaged in the DIAD automatically starts the return/refund process which UPS doesn't want. They want to first try to inspect/rewrap/reattempt before starting the return process.

Here if there is a damaged package I will ask the customer if they want to refuse it (if it's not in really bad shape). If it's embarrassing damage I will sheet as missed and remark "damaged".

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
We were told to sheet a damage as “refused” and type “DAM” in the remarks colume.

Unless you make contact with the customer, and they decide (per their brief inspection)

"refused" is not a decison a driver should try and make.

CYA.... it's missed.... and type "damage" in the remarks column.

(Even though the company is trying to hide tracking from the customer and the shipper)

Do not call them on your phone. Get them to send a message. Take a picture of the message. Then work as instructed. Your ass is covered.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

I was threatened with a warning letter for sheeting a package as damaged without first making an attempt and also for not calling the center and asking what to do first. I sent a message, but you’re lucky to get a response and I don’t have a UPS phone. The box and contents was embarrassingly destroyed. I haven’t been able to prove it, but by the way our sups talk I think they purposely ignore our messages so we call on our own phones.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I was threatened with a warning letter for sheeting a package as damaged without first making an attempt and also for not calling the center and asking what to do first. I sent a message, but you’re lucky to get a response and I don’t have a UPS phone. The box and contents was embarrassingly destroyed. I haven’t been able to prove it, but by the way our sups talk I think they purposely ignore our messages so we call on our own phones.
This is one of those times where it is really good to have the original methods book and plenty of it memorized, regardless of how old it is. I would be curious how some of the 1980's/1990's driver methods books have aged. Probably makes a satisfying thud on the office table.

Preload methods booklet is 4 times smaller than the most recent driver methods booklet but you can really put it to good use.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
You do not have to call the center with your personal phone.

You also do not have to falsify records.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
IMG_20180919_163436332.jpg

Had this parcel loaded in my TP60 today. Obvious fall out / damage so I called the center to let them know I would have a missed piece. Was instructed to not record it and just get it to the clerk at night. Just last week every one got a DIAD message that EVERY parcel in our truck had to be recorded. WTF?

Brownslave688

I feel sorry for these new guys. They don’t know better. We work some some shady ass people. Can’t tell you how many times have messaged back no that’s dishonesty. I don’t use my phone for work
They don't bother asking me to sheet it falsely anymore. Just tell me to bring it in unsheeted.

bumped

I take every package regardless if empty, leaking, or bent in half to the customer. I tell them this is how it was given to me and ask if they want it. If not, refused, didn't want. I don't care what happens with it when I put it on the clerk table. The customer knows what happened also. I don't get messages to call the center, not sheet, or sheet how they seem fit that day. The least amount of contact with dispatch the better.

Brownslave688

Sad that we get fired for dishonesty, and they instruct the clueless to be dishonest all the time. Guarantee they deny they told them to do it also if s* were to hit the fan.
Dude we had one sup caught red handed falsifying records multiple times. He kicked a seasonal off car in the middle of the route and made him call for a ride to pick him up.

All of this documented and reported. I believe he's a center manager now. It's pathetic.