Sheeting damages as missed before attempting.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I take every package regardless if empty, leaking, or bent in half to the customer. I tell them this is how it was given to me and ask if they want it. If not, refused, didn't want. I don't care what happens with it when I put it on the clerk table. The customer knows what happened also. I don't get messages to call the center, not sheet, or sheet how they seem fit that day. The least amount of contact with dispatch the better.
They didn't refuse it because they didn't want it though. They refused it because it was damaged.

bumped

They didn't refuse it because they didn't want it though. They refused it because it was damaged.

Better than sheeting as not in like dispatch wants you to. Then customer sees it online and calls saying they were there all day. The customer is refusing what I'm bringing. I don't know what the contents were when it was shipped. Again, I sheet refused , didn't want, and I don't get any dispatch messages.

Froome

We were told we had to contact a manager before we sheet anything missed. I called spoke to a manager and told them I would not falsify records and sheeted missed
Sent text through diad mgr wants me to falsify and sheet as NI . I ask for response if they didn't want sheeted missed. No reply.

This happened to me today. I had a business with one package. A set of drinking glasses. They were broken. We have been told forever to sheet them as missed. I sent in a message. No response for 4 hours. Chose to sheet as missed. Hour later got a message why and was told to sheet as refused.

Ghost in the Darkness

I had an obviously damaged package, glass falling out and I sheeted as missed like the training said to last year. The lazy sup saw it sheeted missed and I got a message to void and sheet as NI1. I said nope I just delivered 7 other packages there and I'm not falsifying records. Was then reminded I'm supposed to call my sup before sheeting as missed... to which I reminded her that I was never given a workphone.
If the customer is there I give them the option to refuse didn't want and can see their package all smashed to heck, or if I see before arriving at delivery location I don't sheet at all and let the clerk do what they want with it. Same goes for empty packages missing contents.

Froome

Sheet every box. If they do a check in audit and everything on your truck is not sheeted. They can fire you on the spot for rolling boxes. If nothing else sheet it and then void it. Then give it to mgr or clerk. That way you followed rules, if there are questions thats the mgrs problem not yours. Work as instructed, but cover your...

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
You do not have to call the center with your personal phone.

You also do not have to falsify records.

We had a situation, where a pharmaceutical company was sending something to

pharmacist's homes that required a signature. Drivers would get the signature and hit

residential, then stop complete. OMS was telling drivers to void, re-sheet, and hit

"inside delivery" because it was coming up as an error. Wrong.... that's falsifying.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
We had a situation, where a pharmaceutical company was sending something to

pharmacist's homes that required a signature. Drivers would get the signature and hit

residential, then stop complete. OMS was telling drivers to void, re-sheet, and hit

"inside delivery" because it was coming up as an error. Wrong.... that's falsifying.
Lol the inside delivery metric what a mess. I was apparently on the DM "list" at one point when it first came out for not using it once

Then I was told be safe just use it at all businesses. Then a few years later I was warned only to use it when it was appropriate.

We also had a driver whose wife was a drug rep. He'd get so mad at me that I didn't leave her sig required drugs like everyone else did.

Daf

Did anyone notice the diad training on damages? It said to not attempt delivery and sheet as missed. So per ups rules I did just that, only to receive a message on diad saying to call the building and ask for the center manager. center manager made me void out and resheet as not in 1. I recorded the whole phone call, and have it for safe keeping. Don't want packages damaged? Don't overload the truck.
This is your manager ordering you to be dishonest. You need to take a picture of that message to save your ass when they try to fire you for dishonesty. Or you can report him to the Ups helpline.

tadpole

I wonder what happens with these damages that are scanned as refused. Are they getting inspected and paying claims on them? Or do they just get sent back?

I GOT ONE MORE

Amazing how many different versions of sheeting a damaged package here.
Does not everyone remember the DIAD training we all are required to complete regarding this subject.
It's quite clear.

I GOT ONE MORE

I've called management out many times on this.
"So you want me to complete required DIAD training and not follow it? Please elaborate. May I disregard other training from the DIAD?"

Working as directed is not always an absolute. What if you were directed to exceed the speed limit?
All my damages are sheeted according to DIAD training. NEVER had a problem.

Simplymike

20180424_190218.jpg
20180424_190313.jpg
20180424_190257.jpg
20180424_190413.jpg
20180424_190343.jpg
20180424_190447.jpg
20180424_190421.jpg
Here's the DIAD training. :thumbup1:

Simplymike

We were told to sheet a damage as “refused” and type “DAM” in the remarks colume. The PM Clerk inspects for damage and then changes the status of the package.
Unfortunately the clerk we have just returns the damage as a refused. Never goes through the steps for the damage procedure. Not the brightest clerk.

SaladTosser

Kill me now
View attachment 213307
Had this parcel loaded in my TP60 today. Obvious fall out / damage so I called the center to let them know I would have a missed piece. Was instructed to not record it and just get it to the clerk at night. Just last week every one got a DIAD message that EVERY parcel in our truck had to be recorded. WTF?
Guy got fired recently for not scanning the package and just bringing it back. So screw that, I would scan it.

Utahloader

Better than sheeting as not in like dispatch wants you to. Then customer sees it online and calls saying they were there all day. The customer is refusing what I'm bringing. I don't know what the contents were when it was shipped. Again, I sheet refused , didn't want, and I don't get any dispatch messages.
My point was, we should be sheeting damaged as soon as we see a pretty badly damaged box without attempting. It can get messy letting the customer open the package to inspect. This would also cut down on stops per car and pkgs per car if it is recorded as needed.. It's definitely getting the point across.

lolbr

I sheet it as missed. They send me a message on my DIAD asking why. I reply it's damaged and the training states to sheet as missed. They tell me to void and re-sheet as something else. I take a picture of that message, void out the previous attempt, re-sheet how they want, and put "Per Center" in package remarks.