Sheeting up Businesses as Residential

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Post any personal experience on supervisors saying to Driver release or NI1 a business when its after 5 and they’re already closed. Went back out to deliver missloads and left in building.

Never sheet a business as residential. That is falsifying records and an integrity issue. Let your supervisor do it and risk his job.

We have several rural routes and this is a CPAD entry notating to sheet as residential. Whatever...it's their company.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Post any personal experience on supervisors saying to Driver release or NI1 a business when its after 5 and they’re already closed. Went back out to deliver missloads and left in building.

that is where the issue is...why do they wait to the end of the day? Oh wait, that is when all the conference calls end to discuss service and now they have to get everything out.

that is where the issue is...why do they wait to the end of the day? Oh wait, that is when all the conference calls end to discuss service and now they have to get everything out.
The bigger question is why dorsndo anyone take the time to fix this stuff? I had to pull teeth to get them to live my DOL. You grab a section off of me and shove it in someone else's 8000 section. I had all of my businesses that are stick in a middle of a home section, shoved in with my businesses.

All this technology we have and nobody uses it.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I take photos of DIAD messages to cover my tail. I just found this one that was posted somewhere else.

DIADmissload.jpg

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
Depends what route I’m on , obviously I wouldn’t leave 10 boxes for a downtown business, but then I’ll be out in middle of nowhere at some hillbilly machine shop , they would be mad if I didn’t leave it.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I take photos of DIAD messages to cover my tail. I just found this one that was posted somewhere else.

View attachment 200364

I'll say it now and I'll say it again, if these messages are coming through then they must be condoned. I guarantee the powers that be employ plausible deniability. What company doesn't?

How much money is saved by not having to refund for service failures? The few times someone calls the company on the carpet, it is much more cost effective to pay the claim rather than completely change the business model and do the right thing and automatically refund the amount or charge less for the shipping.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
What about getting fired for not working as directed.
They would have to give you a warning letter first, which would require a hearing with a shop steward and an explanation on their part of why you were being instructed to falsify a delivery record. Which you can also get fired for.

El Correcto

god is dead
If they do send you a message in the board don’t do it. Take picture and text to your BA to show to the proper manager to get the integrity problem addressed. I did this when they were bothering me about my pre trip time and told to leave without doing it.

Indecisi0n

If they do send you a message in the board don’t do it. Take picture and text to your BA to show to the proper manager to get the integrity problem addressed. I did this when they were bothering me about my pre trip time and told to leave without doing it.
What's a pre trip?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Being instructed to falsify delivery records is an Article 37 violation. Art 37 specifically prohibits over-supervision, harassment and coercion.
Being told to falsify records is coercion. Being given conflicting instructions (corporate training to record all packages honestly versus supervisor instruction to falsify) under threat of discipline no matter which instruction is followed is harrassment. File.

El Correcto

god is dead
Being instructed to falsify delivery records is an Article 37 violation. Art 37 specifically prohibits over-supervision, harassment and coercion.
These grievances do work in my experience. I used to file about 2 to 3 a week my first year driving when they were trying to intimidate me for taking my lunch while over dispatched.

El Correcto

god is dead
The :censored2: sent me a message asking why I was taking my lunch when I only had 12 stops off. They were spread out NDA and heavy bulk stops 30-70 pieces a stop.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Did you reply... Go shove it sideways?

I didn't take that one, I just found it posted on a UPS Teamster Facebook post. I do have several interesting ones on my phone and downloaded into my iCloud account. Like "Don't sheet missed pieces, bring them back for the Center's special scanner....."