Shippers, MUST eat a little crow once in a while.

ups1990

Last week had a shipper, flag me down before 1030. He was upset that his next day hadn't arrived. I said, my DIAD wasn't showing a delivery for him. He got very angry and loud about UPS going downhill as a company and that FEDEX was about to take our packages. The rest of the commercial suites heard all this commotion. I let it go and went my way.

The following day, a red arrived for him. I checked the package for a service cross or a pal, thinking somehow we messed up, but there were none. The owner, informed me that the shipper, mistakenly shipped it to a different location. I stared him down as he was signing for his package. You should have seen his face.The other adjoining suites, later asked what happened and I tell them what transpired and now they know he's a chicken bleep, unprofessional crappola of a guy.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Working at a Customer Counter I see several people a day coming in with a notice from The USPS, which clearly states on the backside the address of their carriers postal station. Not only are the USPS notices a different shape and color than ours, many people refuse to accept the notion that they are at the wrong location. The same can be said for people dropping off parcels, we do not accept USPS labels.

packageguy

there are lots of those stories, sometimes it's best not to say anything. how can
you give them something that's in your truck.

rod

Retired 22 years
I had a little old lady that always put her mail in one of my letterboxes. I gave up trying to explain to her the differences between UPS and the USPS. I would just take her mail out of my letterbox and deposit it in a mailbx for her. I ran into a friend of hers after she died and she told me that this lady had complained to her about "that mailman with the brown truck" who made a fuss about taking her mail.:happy2:

bigbrownhen

If one of my customers asks about a missing package and just swears that someone shipped it, all I say is "Do you have the tracking number?" If not, then they didn't ship it. We do make mistakes from time to time, but more often than not, the shipper screwed up, not us.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
If one of my customers asks about a missing package and just swears that someone shipped it, all I say is "Do you have the tracking number?" If not, then they didn't ship it. We do make mistakes from time to time, but more often than not, the shipper screwed up, not us.

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken!!!

raceanoncr

Never did have the pleasure of using this new-fangled (or is it, MANGLED?) thing called a DIAD or printed computer-generated labels and all the fancy doo-dads that drivers use now.

But DID have the pleasure of proving receivers wrong when they said we lost their package cuz the shipper shipped it two weeks ago with the meter tapes, much like the postage meter tapes that, I think, are still used by USPS. Tape clearly showed them package was shipped two days ago and we DID NOT lose it! SO, THERE!!!