Should I become a on car supervisor

The guy I work with on the sort line was stuck with it for all of peak, after using a DIAD V for his entire first week as helper. He got hired on permanently shortly before peak started. He wanted to be a driver. After seeing how this place operates, he's not so sure anymore. Other than the cell phone, he liked the helper job a lot more than inside jobs, though.
Driving is where the money is but it's definitely not a job for everyone.

BrownInTx

O
That was not an offer from your center manager. You are a long way from a job offer.

Lmao... Yeah I said that wrong. It was a suggestion he made. Their offer would have to be a 95k salary. And that wouldn't happen I'm sure. So I will stick with my hourly pay. :)

km3

Driving is where the money is but it's definitely not a job for everyone.

I liked my time as a helper, but I don't wanna have to deal with all of the bull:censored2: that drivers put up with every day. There are other reasons why gaining FT employment with UPS is unappealing to me, like the hours, no transfers, etc., so my plan is to get my degree and get out. Maybe go PT sup at some point closer to the end (when I'm ready to quit) just to pad my resume.

I liked my time as a helper, but I don't wanna have to deal with all of the bull:censored2: that drivers put up with every day. There are other reasons why gaining FT employment with UPS is unappealing to me, like the hours, no transfers, etc., so my plan is to get my degree and get out. Maybe go PT sup at some point closer to the end (when I'm ready to quit) just to pad my resume.
We make more money than most people with college degrees.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
Not

Not at our center. I've only seen them cover a few routes a handful of times since I've been with the company.
we have 90 routes on the average and swing drivers bidding out all the time. This center is running on a shoe string of bad decisions

km3

We make more money than most people with college degrees.

My biggest sticking point is that I don't want to live here forever. I want to move to a smaller town, closer to family. My understanding is that once you go full-time, you have a snowball's chance in hell of transferring out of state.

I'd rather have the freedom to move, and make a little less money, than be stuck here forever...even if I am making $80k+.

My biggest sticking point is that I don't want to live here forever. I want to move to a smaller town, closer to family. My understanding is that once you go full-time, you have a snowball's chance in hell of transferring out of state.

I'd rather have the freedom to move, and make a little less money, than be stuck here forever...even if I am making $80k+.
I made 89k that's the most I ever made. We had several guys over 100k

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
3% per year before full retirement age penalty on their pension.
At 35 years, the full-retirement age drops from 65 to 60.
I worked until I was 58 for this reason ... amongst others.
I could have retired easily at 55 financially but I wasn't "emotionally" ready to quit working.

I'm certainly glad, we're seeing a more emotionally stable Monkey, as a result of an extra 3 years at UPS, here on BC.

I know of at least 50 driver transfers. And a ton more who have turned down a transfer.

BrownTexas

All the years I've been here, I've never seen so many guys quit as I had in the last couple of years.
We can't keep new hires. The sheer harassment is too overwhelming for most of them. Make it out of their 30 day packet with little to no actual experience and then get wrote up 3 times in the first week for doing things they were trained to do, but were obviously wrong.

Re-Raise

Only In America can you have a High School Diploma and make more than someone who "wasted 4 to 5 years" taking business classes they are the dopes
I think people are looking at this wrong. It isn't the degree that makes people successful in most jobs.

It is that most people who are bright and work pretty hard in high school just go to college as the next step.

If higher education didn't even exist, and kids just went to work right out of high school, I think a lot of the same people would be good employees.

Most people learn how to do their jobs after they are hired, not from a textbook in a lecture hall.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
I'm sensing the OP is tired of and/or questioning his ability to handle the physical aspects of the job in his later years.

Some people go into management for this reason. Is the mental torment/hassle worth it? I don't know.

I had an Oncar for a few years, that had trashed his back as a pt'er. I always thought it would take someone really special to be able tell other people to do things (with astraight face) that they themselves had disabled themselves at with their own decisions and lifting skills.