Should I become a on car supervisor

Over 70

My biggest surprise working at UPS so far is the sheer disorganization. Sure they make billions and must be doing something right but sometimes it doesn't seem much different than any other small time business I ever worked for.

The harassment doesn't surprise me. Any blue collar job I've worked that paid "big bucks" always treated employees like they owned them and we're replaceable in seconds which is partly true...

On-car seems like a lousy job. It's seems like internal affairs at a police department, watching people and looking to get people in trouble.

BrownInTx

My biggest surprise working at UPS so far is the sheer disorganization. Sure they make billions and must be doing something right but sometimes it doesn't seem much different than any other small time business I ever worked for.

The harassment doesn't surprise me. Any blue collar job I've worked that paid "big bucks" always treated employees like they owned them and we're replaceable in seconds which is partly true...

It seems like it's very hard to be replaced here as long as you show up on time and do your job. Safety first is my main goal each day. :)

Over 70

It seem

It seems like it's very hard to be replaced here as long as you show up on time and do your job. Safety first is my main goal each day. :)

Yeah I get ya. I guess I was thinking there's always someone younger and dumber willing to put up with crap for the big money until they eventually get sick of it too.

ManInBrown

Hello fellow upsers.

I have a few questions about becoming a on car supervisor. I'm a fairly new employee with about 5 years under my belt. 3 years as a tcd and 2 years as a ft driver. I was recently approached by our center manager and asked if I would be interested in being a on car supervisor. If I take the position I will be sent of to integrad from what I was told. What all does this evolve ? Is there any on car sups here that moved from being a ft driver and regret it now lol ?

I would love to move to this position but I do not want to regret it.

DO NOT DO IT

Integrity

Binge Poster
Hello fellow upsers.

I have a few questions about becoming a on car supervisor. I'm a fairly new employee with about 5 years under my belt. 3 years as a tcd and 2 years as a ft driver. I was recently approached by our center manager and asked if I would be interested in being a on car supervisor. If I take the position I will be sent of to integrad from what I was told. What all does this evolve ? Is there any on car sups here that moved from being a ft driver and regret it now lol ?

I would love to move to this position but I do not want to regret it.
I wouldn't take that job or recommend anyone to take it.

BrownInTx

Well you guys have helped me make up my mind. Tomorrow I'm opting back into 9.5 and if I get any flack I will tighten up on my methods and make safety my first priority. I am also going to start filing grievances on the supervisors handling packages. I usually arrive a hour early to look over my car so this will make up for me having to correct my load. Well it will until the supervisors either make the loader do his job correctly or they quit doing hourly employees jobs. I'm excited to go to work tomorrow :)

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Well you guys have helped me make up my mind. Tomorrow I'm opting back into 9.5 and if I get any flack I will tighten up on my methods and make safety my first priority. I am also going to start filing grievances on the supervisors handling packages. I usually arrive a hour early to look over my car so this will make up for me having to correct my load. Well it will until the supervisors either make the loader do his job correctly or they quit doing hourly employees jobs. I'm excited to go to work tomorrow :)

If you let these guys make the decision for you (on the internet), then you really were not a leader anyway.

by the way I was a driver for 10+ years and now have well over 10+ in management, when I compare them side by side my management position comes out on top.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If you let these guys make the decision for you (on the internet), then you really were not a leader anyway.

by the way I was a driver for 10+ years and now have well over 10+ in management, when I compare them side by side my management position comes out on top.

Suppose the 20+ years were all as a driver---would you make the move if it were offered to you today?

To the OP---Dragon has the best post yet. He is spot on when he says that anymore who solicits the advice of strangers on the Internet before making such a decision does not have what it takes to be a leader.

Take care before putting pen to paper.

PACNW

The biggest reason I would not take the position is, among others, no more pension for new Sups. They have replaced it with a bigger 401K match, but I like a pension.

BrownInTx

Finally a little bit of what I was looking for. I figured if I posted a few stupid comments a sup would speak up.