SHOULD UPS PROVIDE TOILET PAPER

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
No they should not. Even though osha states an employer has the duty to provide clean fresh water, and bathrooms, I personally bring my own toilet paper. Everybody should do the same

People need to stop being soft pusses. I would rather ups save money so I personally bring toilet paper. Be prepared for work and bring toilet paper.

And yes, this is a sarcastic post mocking people who don’t think our employer has the duty to provide cool clean drinking water. Just as UPS needs to provide toilet paper, they need to provide water FOR drivers FOR the whole day

You notice how all garbage men have big orange containers of drinking water? How construction crews have big orange containers of drinking water? It’s an osha rule. UPS has a duty to provide drivers with either a cooler and enough bottled water for the day, or a big container full of ice water

I personally take 2-3 paid breaks every day to break trace and go to a gas station to procure drinking water ON THE CLOCK.

While on a half day safety ride, I broke trace and pulled up to 7-11. The supervisor “taking lunch”, me “nope getting water since osha states my employer should provide it and you guys don’t”, supervisor “uh ok”. Nothing came if it. 15 min interruption from stop to stop. Everybody should be doing the same.
They should provide adult diapers too. Less bathroom breaks equals higher stock dividends.

rod

Retired 22 years
We have a ton of cases of water here..every morning I put a case in my truck for the day…(yes the entire case) ….too many scared runner/gunners that think they’ll get in trouble for putting a case in their truck..

SMH
✊🧔‍♂️
How much are they going for on Ebay?

Faceplanted

It’s comical how people can’t grasp…. Most of my co workers are highly intelligent. It seems this place are is full of literal low iq truck drivers.

Federal law outlines break and lunch time periods. Osha rules outline bathroom access. Osha rules outline clean cool drinking water. It doesn’t your opinion on how stupid toilet paper access or water access is. They are of the same according to osha.

Am I a puss for taking those lunch and break times too? Should I bring a soggy ham and cheese Sammie in 5 min and just keep it moving because some idiot “hardcore humans” in brown cafe think a 30 min break is unnecessary. Those whose states provide a paid break…. We should skip those too because of what Rod thinks?

Once again, keep opinion out. I am pointing out an osha rule. Clear as day. But keep cucking out to your employer and claiming your tough.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
This same topic is popular on one of the UPS Facebook groups. Woman insisted that they should ask for manicures and pedicures for employees in the contract negotiations. She says FB and Google employees get them, why not UPS? I told her we can't get UPS to keep the soap dispensers filled and tp in the bathrooms, or replace uniforms when they get torn or worn out. She got offended at my comments. lol

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
It’s comical how people can’t grasp…. Most of my co workers are highly intelligent. It seems this place are is full of literal low iq truck drivers.

Federal law outlines break and lunch time periods. Osha rules outline bathroom access. Osha rules outline clean cool drinking water. It doesn’t your opinion on how stupid toilet paper access or water access is. They are of the same according to osha.

Am I a puss for taking those lunch and break times too? Should I bring a soggy ham and cheese Sammie in 5 min and just keep it moving because some idiot “hardcore humans” in brown cafe think a 30 min break is unnecessary. Those whose states provide a paid break…. We should skip those too because of what Rod thinks?

Once again, keep opinion out. I am pointing out an osha rule. Clear as day. But keep cucking out to your employer and claiming your tough.
Can you provide a link to this OSHA rule for truck drivers specifically?

mcsketcher

There’s this thing called a trauma bond. I’d wager the old folks who’ve retired or are close and remember what they went through have this problem and this causes tribalism letting them completely shun the new hires as lesser box vehicle drivers and relegate any and all concerns to the realm of a response from a pouty child.

I bring my own water, and food, FWIW to the trauma bonded old folks here, but your scars don’t mean I deserve to get cut.

Faceplanted

Can you provide a link to this OSHA rule for truck drivers specifically?

“You may not ask employees to pay for water. Potable water will suffice as long as it tastes good and is chilled to about 55 degrees. Water should be dispensed from a drinking fountain or water cooler.”

55 degrees. Employees should have access to this. I don’t care how they do it, but these are the regulations. It is not up to me to decide how my employer followed these guidelines, it is up to them

I don’t care what ups does. I prefer breaking trace 2-3 times a day to do so on my own. I profit. I am waiting to get fired, but it won’t happen. Instead, they will create an environment where bishasses bring their own water, and are scared to procure water on the clock. They will come in early to fill their 200 dollar yeti cooler with ice for fear of doing so on the clock.

Faceplanted

There’s this thing called a trauma bond. I’d wager the old folks who’ve retired or are close and remember what they went through have this problem and this causes tribalism letting them completely shun the new hires as lesser box vehicle drivers and relegate any and all concerns to the realm of a response from a pouty child.

I bring my own water, and food, FWIW to the trauma bonded old folks here, but your scars don’t mean I deserve to get cut.
They are just ignorant, and when provided the facts they become stupid idiots. Me or you did not create these rules. Osha a federal agency did. To expect your employer to follow them is not much to ask

These same people are ones that claim they always “stick it to ups”….

It is one thing to not know the rules, it is another to have them presented and still take the same idiotic stance. Yuri benzmenov warmed me about you guys who even when presented wirh factual evidence will continue to deny it. Suit your self

rod

Retired 22 years
reak…. We should skip those too because of what Rod thinks?

Not counting the first couple of years I could count on one had the number of breaks I skipped in the next 28 years.

Faceplanted

Not counting the first couple of years I could count on one had the number of breaks I skipped in the next 28 years.
Why do you need breaks? You are soft. Many og boomers in my center take no breaks, and don’t pee or piss all day. You sound like a bish. It’s your responsibly to eat before work for the day and time your pee pee and poo poo’s so they are done at home.

You are unironically proving exactly the point I am illustrating.

rod

Retired 22 years
Why do you need breaks? You are soft. Many og boomers in my center take no breaks, and don’t pee or piss all day. You sound like a bish. It’s your responsibly to eat before work for the day and time your pee pee and poo poo’s so they are done at home.

You are unironically proving exactly the point I am illustrating.
We had like 42 minutes of paid break---why in hell would I donate that to the company? Mama didn't raise no fool. In your case I'm not so sure.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I'd love to see some of you fools start a business, pay your employees a living wage with excellent benefits and STILL LISTEN TO ALL THIS WHINING and GIMMEE GIMMEE GIMMEE

It's comical

"now go home and get your effn shine box !

Faceplanted

We had like 42 minutes of paid break---why in hell would I donate that to the company? Mama didn't raise no fool. In your case I'm not so sure.
Why should be provided free cool clean drinking water. why in hell would I donate that to the company? Mama didn't raise no fool.

See how easy that swaps?

Faceplanted

I'd love to see some of you fools start a business, pay your employees a living wage with excellent benefits and STILL LISTEN TO ALL THIS WHINING and GIMMEE GIMMEE GIMMEE

It's comical

"now go home and get your effn shine box !
Gimme a bathroom!!! Gimme toilet paper!!!

What a bunch of cry baby’s right? Almost like strippers saying “gimme a locker room”. Did you have a changing area in your club, or did you just do it by the dumpster?

All a bunch of baby’s!!!! How can anybody run a business following federal regulations!!!

rod

Retired 22 years
Why should be provided free cool clean drinking water. why in hell would I donate that to the company? Mama didn't raise no fool.

See how easy that swaps?
They do--its called a water fountain (or bubbler)--feel free to fill up your jug. Quit expecting the world to hold your hand and change your diapers.

Faceplanted

They do--its called a water fountain (or bubbler)--feel free to fill up your jug. Quit expecting the world to hold your hand and change your diapers.
Let me break this down for you since you still do not comprehend basic logic

I DO NOT NEED TO PROVIDE MY OWN JUG.

IF UPS PROVIDES A JUG, AND I FILL THE JUG AT 9am FROM THE BIRD :censored2: FILLED WATER FOUNTIAN, THE JUG NEEDS TO REMAIN COOL AT 55 DEGREES ALL WORK DURATION

That is not possible. Take a step away from your ego and use elementary levels of problem solving. Like I said, I did not make the rules. It doesn’t matter what we think. They are the guidelines provided by a federal group that oversees workers safety.