SHOULD UPS PROVIDE TOILET PAPER

rod

Retired 22 years
Let me break this down for you since you still do not comprehend basic logic

I DO NOT NEED TO PROVIDE MY OWN JUG.

IF UPS PROVIDES A JUG, AND I FILL THE JUG AT 9am, THE JUG NEEDS TO REMAIN COOL AT 55 DEGREES ALL WORK DURATION

That is not possible. Take a step away from your ego and use elementary levels of problem solving. Like I said, I did not make the rules. It doesn’t matter what we think. They are the guidelines provided by a federal group that oversees workers safety.
So you actually expect UPS to provide a refrigerator in every truck to keep your water cold?

Faceplanted

So you actually expect UPS to provide a refrigerator in every truck to keep your water cold?
READ THE GUIDELINES

I expect ups to follow osha rules. I don’t care how they do so. It is not my decision or opinion on how to perform compliance. That is up to the pencil pushers in Atlanta.

How can my local waste companies do this? How can my local linesman follow these guidelines? How can construction companies do so? They all do so. Every waste truck I see has a huge orange cooler stepped to the front full of fresh clean drinking water. Every power company vehicle has the same. Every county/city work vehicle has the same.

But ups doesn’t need to right? It’s too inconvenient for UPS? I should buck up?

Brownwind

There’s this thing called a trauma bond. I’d wager the old folks who’ve retired or are close and remember what they went through have this problem and this causes tribalism letting them completely shun the new hires as lesser box vehicle drivers and relegate any and all concerns to the realm of a response from a pouty child.

I bring my own water, and food, FWIW to the trauma bonded old folks here, but your scars don’t mean I deserve to get cut.
You’ve taught me a new term. I’m going to have to do some google searching on “trauma bond” then when I’m thoroughly educated we can round table.
I definitely remember what I went through. Makes me proud of where I’m at. 👍

rod

Retired 22 years
READ THE GUIDELINES

I expect ups to follow osha rules. I don’t care how they do so. It is not my decision or opinion on how to perform compliance. That is up to the pencil pushers in Atlanta.

How can my local waste companies do this? How can my local linesman follow these guidelines? How can construction companies do so? They all do so. Every waste truck I see has a huge orange cooler stepped to the front full of fresh clean drinking water. Every power company vehicle has the same. Every county/city work vehicle has the same.

Yes--buck up. UPS people are pigs. They pee in bottles and tend to get dirty as hell. Dirt and pee and pigs don't mix well. Bring your own friggin water.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
You’ve taught me a new term. I’m going to have to do some google searching on “trauma bond” then when I’m thoroughly educated we can round table.
I definitely remember what I went through. Makes me proud of where I’m at. 👍

It's the same concept as Stockholm syndrome. People are conditioned (I mean "socialized") to develop these bonds with anything resembling authority starting in grade school. The conditioning encourages loyalty, good work ethic, and a complete lack of self-respect.

542thruNthru

@MyTripisCut as you know, you should always trust the site that's selling a product when it comes to regulations.....
sketch-1659073305980.jpg

Or... you know, you could always got to the source...

Or maybe a OSHA training site...

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
@MyTripisCut as you know, you should always trust the site that's selling a product when it comes to regulations.....
View attachment 393808

Or... you know, you could always got to the source...

Or maybe a OSHA training site...

Lol. I brought up that standard to the safety committee to point out that our restroom facilities didn't meet the minimum.

qdg2

What are you talking about? How does every other field that works out door make it work?

let me break it down for you. UPS provides every driver a personal multi gallon container. UPS provides alcohol anti bacterial whipes, as well as a water and ice source

UPS provides drivers 15 minutes in the am to clean their container, and fill.

Why is it so hard for people to comprehend almost every single other outdoor worker gets these? Osha says cool clean drinking water for the day. Ifs clear as day. A water fountain does not work… why? I have no container.

I’m not debating the logic behind these rules. THEY ARE RULES. UPS needs to follow them. Stop arguing what you think is correct and not. OSHA says what needs to happen, UPS needs to follow

This is no different than toilet paper or clean bathrooms
Bravo

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
READ THE GUIDELINES

It's the same concept as Stockholm syndrome. People are conditioned (I mean "socialized") to develop these bonds with anything resembling authority starting in grade school. The conditioning encourages loyalty, good work ethic, and a complete lack of self-respect.
I hate to make a point that will ignite a political bomb but…….
I cannot help but point out the irony (irony maybe isn’t quite strong enough a word) that you two want UPS to conform to a federal agencies guideline on safety and drinking water, yet when another federal agency issued guidelines on mask usage, you both spewed venom that they aren’t allowed to enforce that? Without delving into the political BS, why would you want a company to enforce safety only as you see fit? That only fits your viewpoint? You two are passionate union members and often make good points, but you’re extremism is where you lose credibility.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Why would anyone need to take a case of bottled water (24 16oz bottles) EVERY DAY? Are they really drinking 384 ozs of water EVERY DAY or is some of that water being consumed while off the clock? When I was still working, our center would also put cases of bottled water on a pallet for the drivers to take as needed. I would take one case PER WEEK, bring it home and put 3-4 in to the freezer to be taken to work the following day. Did I consume some of that water off the clock? Of course but I tried my best to ensure the bulk of it was used as intended. Abusing the gesture by taking a case EVERY DAY is why the company is hesitant to do things like this and may force another driver to go without.

Last edited:

Thebrownblob

Let me break this down for you since you still do not comprehend basic logic

I DO NOT NEED TO PROVIDE MY OWN JUG.

IF UPS PROVIDES A JUG, AND I FILL THE JUG AT 9am FROM THE BIRD :censored2: FILLED WATER FOUNTIAN, THE JUG NEEDS TO REMAIN COOL AT 55 DEGREES ALL WORK DURATION

That is not possible. Take a step away from your ego and use elementary levels of problem solving. Like I said, I did not make the rules. It doesn’t matter what we think. They are the guidelines provided by a federal group that oversees workers safety.
Sorry I don’t like my water that cold, hurts my stomach

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
Why would anyone need to take a case of bottled water (24 16oz bottles) EVERY DAY? Are they really drinking 384 ozs of water EVERY DAY or is some of that water being consumed while off the clock? When I was still working, our center would also put cases of bottled water on a pallet for the drivers to take as needed. I would take one case PER WEEK, bring it home and put 3-4 in to the freezer to be taken to work the following day. Did I consume some of that water off the clock? Of course but I tried my best to ensure the bulk of it was used as intended. Abusing the gesture by taking a case EVERY DAY is why the company is hesitant to do things like this and may force another driver to go without.

Why would anyone retire from UPS …then come back and be a management kiss ass for peak and help them out?

🐈🪓

You love management 😂
✊🧔‍♂️

Faceplanted

e
I hate to make a point that will ignite a political bomb but…….
I cannot help but point out the irony (irony maybe isn’t quite strong enough a word) that you two want UPS to conform to a federal agencies guideline on safety and drinking water, yet when another federal agency issued guidelines on mask usage, you both spewed venom that they aren’t allowed to enforce that? Without delving into the political BS, why would you want a company to enforce safety only as you see fit? That only fits your viewpoint? You two are passionate union members and often make good points, but you’re extremism is where you lose credibility.
do you understand the difference between elected officers such as osha officers

And an idiot faucci who was appointed?

Rules and laws should not be made by appointed idiots like faucci.