Should we just get the inevitable civil war over with ?

refineryworker05

The angry, dogmatic, and performative form of cultural liberalism
What does that mean? Any person who is passionately vocal about an issue can be called angry. Any person who stakes a political principal can be called dogmatic. any person who advocates for mass political action can be called performative. and I have no idea what you mean by cultural liberalism. Please explan what that means to you.

what does wokeness actually mean in elected politics? What policy positions does wokeness demand one take that different from other policy positions? What is the rational or logic that wokeness demands one takes that is different of the rational of other policy positions? I just think people really are talking about wokeness that has nothing to do with anything concrete.

refineryworker05

Oooo, you got me there. Being woke isn't a Republican conjuring. The far Left call themselves that.
Lol, the far left. Who is the far left in America and which of them call themselves woke?

Woke as a political term as far as I know comes from black Americans and its use is fairly old. I am in my late 40's, and I had never heard a non black American use the term woke in a political sense my whole life until the last two or three years. Somehow it got into use by other Americans and I have no idea what they mean by it or what it references.

The cats I know that called themselves woke had nothing to do with left wing anything, or communism, or feminisim or any of that stuff, they meant stay woke to how racism impacts the lives of black Americans in all sorts of not so obivious ways. And to add other black people used to kind of make fun of some aspects of people calling themselves woke because it could get a bit conspiritorial.

Last edited:

refineryworker05

More gay CEOs, more woman landlords, more black cops
So wokeness is about identity? but all politics is about identity. Soccer mom's is an identity. Small Business owner is an identity. blue collar workers is an identity, baby boomers is an idenity, suburban voters is an identity, hell even saying democrat or republican or liberal or moderate are all identities. But ok, it is just means the identities of hated groups of Americans start to matter in politics and a lot of other Americans don't like that.

vantexan

Lol, the far left. Who is the far left in America and which of them call themselves woke?

Woke as a political term as far as I know comes from black Americans and its use is fairly old. I am in my late 40's, and I had never heard a non black American use the term woke in a political sense my whole life until the last two or three years. Somehow it got into use by other Americans and I have no idea what they mean by it or what it references.

The cats I know that called themselves woke had nothing to do with left wing anything, or communism, or feminisim or any of that stuff, they meant stay woke to how racism impacts the lives of black Americans in all sorts of not so obivious ways. And to add other black people used to kind of make fun of some aspects of people calling themselves woke because it could get a bit conspiritorial.
You should get out more. All refinery work and no play makes you very uninformed.

refineryworker05

You should get out more. All refinery work and no play makes you very uninformed.
Everything in that post is accurate. The term woke is deeply confusing when used by non black Americans mostly because I have no idea what they mean when they use it. Non black Americans just started using the term woke as a political expression in the last 2 or 3 years.

And the term woke as a political expression comes from black Americans and means being woke to all the not so obvious ways racism can impact your life as a black person. It had nothing to do with left wing, or communism or whatever else non black Americans may to use it for.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Everything in that post is accurate. The term woke is deeply confusing when used by non black Americans mostly because I have no idea what they mean when they use it. Non black Americans just started using the term woke as a political expression in the last 2 or 3 years.

And the term woke as a political expression comes from black Americans and means being woke to all the not so obvious ways racism can impact your life as a black person. It had nothing to do with left wing, or communism or whatever else non black Americans may to use it for.
Wrong.