Should we just get the inevitable civil war over with ?

refineryworker05

One tic, I see of republicans on message boards or in the media is this absurd rhetoric like they are fighting for their freedom or standing up to tyranny. I mean imo, almost all of those cats would fold like a deck of cards if their actual freedom was threatened and they'd be singing the praises of their conquerors. they'd be just trying to live and get by like most people do.

Posters are discussing the vaccine or masks or stayathome orders, or gun control, or social media TOS, and a lot of republicans have this cosplay thing as if they imagine themselves to be great warriors standing in the breach fighting to keep freedom against tyranny, in the real world they call themselves "freedom loving patriots" and "we the people" cause they don't wear a mask. It's weirdo stuff whenever I encounter it. I just chuckle, like yeah ok.

What'dyabringmetoday???

One tic, I see of republicans on message boards or in the media is this absurd rhetoric like they are fighting for their freedom or standing up to tyranny. I mean imo, almost all of those cats would fold like a deck of cards if their actual freedom was threatened and they'd be singing the praises of their conquerors. they'd be just trying to live and get by like most people do.

Posters are discussing the vaccine or masks or stayathome orders, or gun control, or social media TOS, and a lot of republicans have this cosplay thing as if they imagine themselves to be great warriors standing in the breach fighting to keep freedom against tyranny, in the real world they call themselves "freedom loving patriots" and "we the people" cause they don't wear a mask. It's weirdo stuff whenever I encounter it. I just chuckle, like yeah ok.
Maybe you should consider worrying about you and they can worry about themselves.

Box Ox

Posters are discussing the vaccine or masks or stayathome orders, or gun control, or social media TOS, and a lot of republicans have this cosplay thing as if they imagine themselves to be great warriors standing in the breach fighting to keep freedom against tyranny, in the real world they call themselves "freedom loving patriots" and "we the people" cause they don't wear a mask.

This what you're talking about?

M.JPG

vantexan

At the end of the day it's one man, one vote. For most people that's the only tool they have to affect policy. But everyone has the right to voice opinions except the Right is seeing their opinions being suppressed to varying degrees by the Left controlled social media. One of the foundational laws of physics is for every action there's an equal and opposite reaction. If you squash our ability on some platforms to give our opinions and disagree with yours then you'll see a ratcheting up of the rhetoric. And some will act out such as on Jan. 6th. For a period of years before the Civil War rhetoric kept getting ratcheted up until finally hostilities broke out. Don't be so certain that can't happen today. There are a lot of people who are very unhappy with the way things are going on numerous issues. And if a lot of very odd circumstances again occur in the next round of elections, especially with the '24 presidential election, you may find out just how seriously a lot of people are taking all of this.

refineryworker05

At the end of the day it's one man, one vote. For most people that's the only tool they have to affect policy. But everyone has the right to voice opinions except the Right is seeing their opinions being suppressed to varying degrees by the Left controlled social media. One of the foundational laws of physics is for every action there's an equal and opposite reaction. If you squash our ability on some platforms to give our opinions and disagree with yours then you'll see a ratcheting up of the rhetoric. And some will act out such as on Jan. 6th. For a period of years before the Civil War rhetoric kept getting ratcheted up until finally hostilities broke out. Don't be so certain that can't happen today. There are a lot of people who are very unhappy with the way things are going on numerous issues. And if a lot of very odd circumstances again occur in the next round of elections, especially with the '24 presidential election, you may find out just how seriously a lot of people are taking all of this.
Most of that post is delusional. When I was a kid I had some personal experience with an older family member who had an illness that caused them to sometimes perceive things that were not actually happening and it really confused and upset them when others would say no that's not what's going on and it would cause them to try to figure things out on their own and they would reach paranoid conclusions.
From a societal persepective a lot of republicans believe things about the world that aren't true, so when reality smacks them in the face they get confused and upset and then they go do their research except there is a whole media and republican party feeding into these delusions by lying to them, and those lies causes a ton of republicans to believe a lot of dumb mfers and liars and conspiracies.

For example social media companies want as many users as possible(this is just logical straight forward for their own survival as a business), they WANT and NEED republicans on their platforms, so the idea that social media companies are going to come after your average no name republican citizen or most no name republican elected officials for posting crazy stuff on their accounts is just not reality. What they will do is go after what they perceive as misinformation about elections or the vaccine or people spreading violent rhetoric from popular users and sadly a ton of popular conservative talkers lie to their audiences and use violent rhetoric a lot of the time. Republicans aren't being repressed in society. This stuff is all in their heads with almost no basis in reality.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
When I was a kid I had some personal experience with an older family member who had an illness that caused them to sometimes perceive things that were not actually happening and it really confused and upset them when others would say no that's not what's going on and it would cause them to try to figure things out on their own and they would reach paranoid conclusions.
Hereditary apparently.

refineryworker05

republicans are unhappy, well think about how unhappy groups who are doing worse in society must feel. The idea that those groups believing these wild conspiriacies about the whole world being set against them is called victim mentality when they do it, even though there is ample evidence that they do face real discrimination and have little power in society.

Yes republicans are turning their back on representative government mostly because they hate a huge percentage of their fellow citizens and are terrified of them being in charge of the nation, so yeah republicans are turning to extreme gerrymandering, voter restrictions, taking away political power form incoming Democrats when they lose an office, and finally violence. I have been posting that for months, thanks for coming around to seeing it my way.

Serf

No one decides whether or not I wear a mask or take a flu shot. Same goes for my family. Simple as that. It’s not political. It’s not left vs right. I’ll live my life like it’s 1860 if I have to.

vantexan

republicans are unhappy, well think about how unhappy groups who are doing worse in society must feel. The idea that those groups believing these wild conspiriacies about the whole world being set against them is called victim mentality when they do it, even though there is ample evidence that they do face real discrimination and have little power in society.

Yes republicans are turning their back on representative government mostly because they hate a huge percentage of their fellow citizens and are terrified of them being in charge of the nation, so yeah republicans are turning to extreme gerrymandering, voter restrictions, taking away political power form incoming Democrats when they lose an office, and finally violence. I have been posting that for months, thanks for coming around to seeing it my way.
Republicans are unhappy with violent riots in the streets. They are unhappy with an open border letting literally millions stream in illegally with no effort to stop it. They're unhappy with fiscal policies that are increasing prices of food, fuel, just about everything. They're unhappy with indoctrination of children in schools. Of the extreme lockdown policies that do little to protect people but have bankrupted many of them. They are unhappy being called racist when they want voting policies in place that insure fair and honest elections. These are real world issues and you are delusional if you think they don't or shouldn't matter. Now you'll go on about how stupid, etc all of this is and Republicans don't really care about any of it. Guess we'll see in '22 how much Republicans care with turnout at the polls.

refineryworker05

Republicans are unhappy with violent riots in the streets. They are unhappy with an open border letting literally millions stream in illegally with no effort to stop it. They're unhappy with fiscal policies that are increasing prices of food, fuel, just about everything. They're unhappy with indoctrination of children in schools. Of the extreme lockdown policies that do little to protect people but have bankrupted many of them. They are unhappy being called racist when they want voting policies in place that insure fair and honest elections. These are real world issues and you are delusional if you think they don't or shouldn't matter. Now you'll go on about how stupid, etc all of this is and Republicans don't really care about any of it. Guess we'll see in '22 how much Republicans care with turnout at the polls.

First thing isn't currently happening.
Second thing has never happened
Third thing is not abnormally high historically
4th thing is just make believe seeing as schools are controlled at the local level with local teachers and priniciples who live close the communities they teach in, and often the cirriculm is set by republican legislatures.
fifth thing happened because there was a deadly contagious disease which killed over 600,000 Americans in a few months, and there was a ton of financial support given to businesses and citizens
Most are racist, they support trump a man the vast majority of black Americans know is racist. to be fair a lot of democrats are racist and antiblack too
Elections are free and fair. Trump lost the election

So the only real things they are unhappy with the economic destruction from the pandemic impacted everyone, and being called racist, but the republican party is a white grievance party with a lot of racism. They should take solace in the fact that the people who would call most republicans racist think most democrats are racist too.

vantexan

First thing isn't currently happening.
Second thing has never happened
Third thing is not abnormally high historically
4th thing is just make believe seeing as schools are controlled at the local level with local teachers and priniciples who live close the communities they teach in, and often the cirriculm is set by republican legislatures.
fifth thing happened because there was a deadly contagious disease which killed over 600,000 Americans in a few months, and there was a ton of financial support given to businesses and citizens
Most are racist, they support trump a man the vast majority of black Americans know is racist. to be fair a lot of democrats are racist and antiblack too
Elections are free and fair. Trump lost the election

So the only real things they are unhappy with the economic destruction from the pandemic impacted everyone, and being called racist, but the republican party is a white grievance party with a lot of racism. They should take solace in the fact that the people who would call most republicans racist think most democrats are racist too.
You absolutely don't have a clue what's going on in the world.

Sportello

Banned
No one decides whether or not I wear a mask or take a flu shot. Same goes for my family. Simple as that. It’s not political. It’s not left vs right. I’ll live my life like it’s 1860 if I have to.
That’s fine, Stay off airplanes, buses and trains. Stay out of supermarkets, movie theaters and entertainment venues. Stay out of restaurants and grocery stores. I better not see you on Costco.

What happened to your website, Brian?