Shouldn't Saturday be OT all day long on your 6th punch?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Dude, they are paying you overtime after 8 hours of work EACH day, or do you NOT understand both how to read CBA's and how to read your paycheck each week?
You also get paid for OT for any hours worked over 40, he's not wrong about that.

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
At my building during peak T-S are considered M-friend so Saturday is all over time. And Monday is now a regular day. Just for peak though.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
I'm a T-S 22.4 who was asked to come in on Mon. As my scheduled day off I was paid OT all day. Come Saturday I had already put in over 40 hrs for the week so shouldn't Saturday be OT all day long as well? I ask because I was paid my normal rate for the 1st 8hrs of the day when I was expecting time and half.
You’ll never be a RPCD
😷✊

Last edited:

WTFm8

I'm a T-S 22.4 who was asked to come in on Mon. As my scheduled day off I was paid OT all day. Come Saturday I had already put in over 40 hrs for the week so shouldn't Saturday be OT all day long as well? I ask because I was paid my normal rate for the 1st 8hrs of the day when I was expecting time and half.
After 40hrs of STRAIGHT TIME. The contract is what gives you the overtime on Monday, not state law.

Again, you don’t have 40hrs of STRAIGHT time. Look into ‘double dipping’ overtime. That’s what you’re trying to do.

AKCoverMan

Labor laws would pay you OT after 40 hours of regular pay.

Since the contract required company to pay you OT on Monday, you have only had 32 hours of regular pay as of Friday...

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
I still don't understand how UPS can trump state labor laws. Is it because we're a union working under a contract? This is my 1st yr with UPS so it's still all new to me. The only reason I said yes to Mon was cause I assumed it would get me over 40hrs heading into Sat to get OT all day. That certainly backfired.

Monday hours were paid at OT Rate
Theu don't count as straight time hours.
Therefore you don't get OT on Saturday.

Simple Really

LeaveIt2Griever

FileFileFile
Labor laws would pay you OT after 40 hours of regular pay.

Since the contract required company to pay you OT on Monday, you have only had 32 hours of regular pay as of Friday...

Wrong.

When I worked T-S, I would work Mondays for the double pay and to run out of hours early on Saturday. My check stub would look something like this:

X amount of hours paid @ DT for Monday
32 hours of Straight Time for Tue-Fri

All hours worked over 8 and all hours worked Saturday were paid at OT.

Integrity

Binge Poster
This would be like pyramid overtime which is not allowed.

Cloud

Wrong.

When I worked T-S, I would work Mondays for the double pay and to run out of hours early on Saturday. My check stub would look something like this:

X amount of hours paid @ DT for Monday
32 hours of Straight Time for Tue-Fri

All hours worked over 8 and all hours worked Saturday were paid at OT.
How would your Saturday be counted as OT when that would be your 5th punch when your Monday is being counted as 6th punch?
You should be only getting extra for Monday or Saturday-not both.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
You are already getting overtime after 8 hours of work each day. Why would UPS pay you overtime after 40 hours in a week?

UPS overtime is figured via the contract which states overtime after 8 hours each day or 40 in a week. Overtime after 8 hours of work is more lucrative than overtime after 40 in a week.
???????????????????????????????????????????????

Reread what you posted really slowly

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
He's correct that it's "more lucrative" for any week in which you work less than 5 days, say if you take a sick/ personal or an unpaid day off.
There are more working days than sick and personal days though. Most drivers work more than 40 hours a week anyways. So regardless of the after 8 overtime it doesn’t really matter. After 40 is after 40 and that’s overtime. That’s not via contract, that’s standard labor laws. How and what we are payed during those times are based via contract.

LeaveIt2Griever

FileFileFile
How would your Saturday be counted as OT when that would be your 5th punch when your Monday is being counted as 6th punch?
You should be only getting extra for Monday or Saturday-not both.

You’re looking at it the wrong way.

If you’re a T-S driver, Tuesday is Day 1 of your work week. That means Sunday would be day 6 (OT) and Monday is day 7 (DT).

Let’s assume you’re a T-S driver and you volunteer to work Monday. (assuming 8 hours per day for simplicity’s sake)

Mon : 8 hours @ DT
Tue : 8 hours @ ST
Wed: 8 hours @ ST
Thu : 8 hours @ ST
Fri : 8 hours @ ST
Sat : 8 hours @ OT

Monday is paid at Double Time because it’s the 7th day of your work week. Saturday is paid at overtime, not because it’s a 6th punch, but because you already worked 40 hours by Friday. Anything over 40 hours a week is paid at OT.

Last edited:

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
You’re looking at it the wrong way.

If you’re a T-S driver, Tuesday is Day 1 of your work week. That means Sunday would be day 6 (OT) and Monday is day 7 (DT).

Let’s assume you’re a T-S driver and you volunteer to work Monday. (assuming 8 hours per day for simplicity’s sake)

Mon : 8 hours @ DT
Tue : 8 hours @ ST
Wed: 8 hours @ ST
Thu : 8 hours @ ST
Fri : 8 hours @ ST
Sat : 8 hours @ OT

Monday is paid at Double Time because it’s the 7th day of your work week. Saturday is paid at overtime, not because it’s a 6th punch, but because you already worked 40 hours by Thursday. Anything over 40 hours a week is paid at OT.
He is a Tuesday through Saturday driver meaning he only had 32 hours at the end of Friday. He would be OT on Sunday which would be his 6th day of his schedule of T-S. His 7th punch is Monday than he starts over on Tuesday.