Shouldn't Saturday be OT all day long on your 6th punch?

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
You’re looking at it the wrong way.

If you’re a T-S driver, Tuesday is Day 1 of your work week. That means Sunday would be day 6 (OT) and Monday is day 7 (DT).

Let’s assume you’re a T-S driver and you volunteer to work Monday. (assuming 8 hours per day for simplicity’s sake)

Mon : 8 hours @ DT
Tue : 8 hours @ ST
Wed: 8 hours @ ST
Thu : 8 hours @ ST
Fri : 8 hours @ ST
Sat : 8 hours @ OT

Monday is paid at Double Time because it’s the 7th day of your work week. Saturday is paid at overtime, not because it’s a 6th punch, but because you already worked 40 hours by Friday. Anything over 40 hours a week is paid at OT.
He would get OT after his 40 but by what you are saying in your example would not make Saturday a OT day unless he hits 40 hours by Friday.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
32 hours as of Friday is what I count by your description of his schedule of Tuesday to Friday. Saturday would be OT After he hit 8 hours on Saturday.

Attachments

• 20201123_205455.jpg
    20201123_205455.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 79
He is a Tuesday through Saturday driver meaning he only had 32 hours at the end of Friday. He would be OT on Sunday which would be his 6th day of his schedule of T-S. His 7th punch is Monday than he starts over on Tuesday.

He would get OT after his 40 but by what you are saying in your example would not make Saturday a OT day unless he hits 40 hours by Friday.

Work hours are not tallied by your schedule, but by the pay week, which is Sun-Sat at UPS.

tech209

22.4 here......
Monday= double pay
Tuesday thru Saturday is just your normal schedule day= 8 hours and time and a half after your 8

Nothing else

Agree to disagree. It's been filed on here and no 22.4 has received OT for Saturday yet. Maybe your language is different then mine.

Our language is the same, I'm in the Southwest too. I get where the confusion can come from, but a look at any timecard shows that a pay week is Sun-Sat.

That said, hypothetical:

Tu-Sa schedule works on Monday, hits 60 hours on Friday, works 8hrs on scheduled day Saturday. In your mind, are hours 60-68 paid at double time as per contract?

542thruNthru

Our language is the same, I'm in the Southwest too. I get where the confusion can come from, but a look at any timecard shows that a pay week is Sun-Sat.

That said, hypothetical:

Tu-Sa schedule works on Monday, hits 60 hours on Friday, works 8hrs on scheduled day Saturday. In your mind, are hours 60-68 paid at double time as per contract?
A little different since those are DOT hours per the language. That's why we don't get double unless the 60 hour rule is lifted to 70.

I see what you're saying. UPS pay period is Sun-Sat.

Do your 22.4s get OT on Saturday because none of ours do and @tech209 is also southwest and it appears none of them do as well.

A little different since those are DOT hours per the language. That's why we don't get double unless the 60 hour rule is lifted to 70.

I see what you're saying. UPS pay period is Sun-Sat.

Do your 22.4s get OT on Saturday because none of ours do and @tech209 is also southwest and it appears none of them do as well.

Of course, presuming we are operating under the 70hr rule.

I honestly don't know any 22.4s, but their pay week is no different than anyone's. I'm not saying I'm any more right than anyone, I just know the contract clearly reads that any hours worked over 40 are paid at 1.5x. Any over 60 are paid at 2x if working to 70. Feeder has been working 70s all year, and many of them pyramid their ot this way. They also work Su-Th, M-friend, and Tu-Sa schedules.

Cloud

He is a Tuesday through Saturday driver meaning he only had 32 hours at the end of Friday. He would be OT on Sunday which would be his 6th day of his schedule of T-S. His 7th punch is Monday than he starts over on Tuesday.
What about for Saturday? My saturday is always treated as ST not OT.

MattM

This T-S issue comes up every year in my building. We're an air hub with scheduled tues-sat, but during peak we run things 7 days a week for two-three weeks leading up to Christmas.

Bosses say one thing. Union reps say another. Lots of promises.

Our new contract has DT pay for Sunday for all workers (if it's not originally scheduled). So that's thrown a dent in calculating what our sixth or seventh day is.

Is it based on work week or paycheck week ending date?

The main assumption is that if you work Monday first; it'll count as your sixth punch, if you work the rest of the full week.

TheBrownNote

Good thing I wore my brown pants

in our building they are claiming NO ot for anyone saturday, and that it doesnt count as a sixth punch, because we didnt work on thirsday.

i say, show me the line in the contract that states you can do this during a holiday week. my schedule if M-friend. any work performed on Sat and Sun is OT (no dt for sundays here in New England.)

they're claimimg its a regular schedualed work day.

well then when did you post this weeks schedule change last week and where?

all they have is No Integrity and threats and intimidation.