Shush ! Don't Tell Them I Work At UPS !

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
V8 Vega's are fun ain't they?

It was fun as long as I was going in a straight line! I had a narrowed 12 bolt Chevelle rear end under it too. It would pull the front wheels off the ground. The Vega was my first car. My older brother had it first and overheated the four cylinder in it, so I dropped a 350 in it. I traded a M1 Carbine for it, I wish I still had the rifle! I sold the Vega for $500, the last time I saw it, the new owner had tied a rope around it to keep his door shut after warping the unibody frame.

MikeTbob

I get free stuff all the time while I'm on a route, I have even had to refuse stuff, knowing that I would have a hard time explaining it to the guys in the guard shack.:smart: but I also feel like I get ripped off if my local car repair guy knows that I work for UPS.:angry-very2:

over9five

Staff member
most all of the jiffy lube type places will take the used oil/filter for free. i always take my used oil to them and they even wipe out my oil pan for me lol

They're happy to take that used filter, cuz they use it on the next guys car. Along with your used oil.

some1else

Banned
They're happy to take that used filter, cuz they use it on the next guys car. Along with your used oil.
the last time i used them they even gave me a FREE SCREWDRIVER!!! i think it was a "hide a prize" thing; i didnt find it till it made a trip around my crank pully/ serp belt

im not one to yell but i really made a scene :)

broncobros1

You don't ?? we have a lot of drivers over 100k.

Everyone knows who I work for around this community so I have had some bad experiences with auto repair people, contractors etc.

What I do know is have someone like my son in law get a quote and then i will get a quote and the difference is amazing.

I'm very surprized that other UPSers have not had similar experiences.

Around the Reno area we drivers got a lot of flack during the strike when the company let it be know that the average driver made 55k.

Granted that was over 10 years ago. If I made just 55k now, I'd be out on the street.
You make over 55k!? What a racket! jk OP

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

What I do like is you can go in there anytime between oil changes for free topoffs, window wash and vacuum./quote]

I bet the love seeing you come in for free services and nothing else.

Believe me, they say it is "free" but they build it in to the price of the oil change and, from what I hear, not too many people take advantage of this. They are always polite and cheerful and have no problem with topping off the fluids, vacuuming and washing the windows.