Sick Days

Mr Fedex

Banned
Maybe I should promise to retire and then not do it.
I've noticed that is a touchy topic for MFE that he will NOT respond to.2 years ago he use to brag about how he couldnt wait to retire and he was leaving and was finally out blah blah.When i ask him the simple question about why he is still in the company,he will NOT respond.Strange.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I've noticed that is a touchy topic for MFE that he will NOT respond to.2 years ago he use to brag about how he couldnt wait to retire and he was leaving and was finally out blah blah.When i ask him the simple question about why he is still in the company,he will NOT respond.Strange.

My "mission" is to expose FedEx for what it is. That is my only motivation.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

LOL! Yep. he said that he would be retired by 2009, too. I think the reason he doesn't touch it now is because he's said so many things and used so many different excuses that he can't keep track of them.

He said he his real estate interests make the money so he doesn't need the job, but he's going to stick around for the insurance. Then it was the real estate market going south and he couldn't afford to retire. Then his real estate makes the money and he doesn't need the job (again), he just sticks around to be a pain to Fred/affect change/lead the revolution/etc. Take your pick.

Then he was going to start his website for who knows what reasons. He said that didn't work because of issues with FedEx legal :-)::snicker:::). Then he said that he didn't start the site because of time issues, which is hilarious when you consider the amount of time he spends here, and the fact that the union battle had been lost long ago, which is hilarious when you consider that he knew that when he announced his intentions.

If I had a track record like that, I wouldn't acknowledge any of it either.

Considering his penchant for posting here throughout the day, I'd say that his employment status at this time is questionable.

Mr Fedex

Banned
My "mission" is to expose FedEx for what it is. That is my only motivation.

Again,he wont answer a simple question.I never asked you whats your motivation.I asked you that after all your posts about how you were finally leaving the company,you are still here 3 years later.Please answer.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Again,he wont answer a simple question.I never asked you whats your motivation.I asked you that after all your posts about how you were finally leaving the company,you are still here 3 years later.Please answer.

I'll leave when the mission is accomplished. Your new tactic is failing, which is normal.

bbsam

Staff member
I think this F4L is a different one. I don't remember the last one not being able to type useing correct spacing.

vantexan

They absolutely would...

If you got into an accident, and the investigation revealed that you were obviously ill before you took to the road - Express would have liability not just for the accident, but would be subjected to enhanced damages for KNOWINGLY sending out an employee who was ill onto the road.

All it would take would be an attorney (suing Express for damages resultant to an accident), to subpoena witnesses to the drivers physical state prior to operating the vehicle, and Presto!!! extra damages for his client. Obviously the witnesses would be coworkers - the management would lie through their teeth, "Oh, he looked in perfect health prior to leaving the building, God's honest truth" (as everyone ducks for cover from the impending lightning strike).

Yeah, but you know how it is. You might have thrown up 40 times the night before(which I did last year with food poisoning) but when you talk to mgr on the phone he gets that tone in his voice that says he doesn't believe you and your job is hanging by a thread. You know it's B.S. but if you are a conscientious person the guilt for calling in will eat at you. Fortunately it doesn't bother me as much these days, but in my 20's I actually got up after calling in, got dressed and went to work. Several times. Now I think about the 99 weeks I'd get if they would just fire me!