Sick Days

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I can't ignore Dano because he has been placed here by the Federal Express Corporation to provide disinformation. As such, he must be exposed, and his lies revealed. Every time one of us proves Dano wrong, there is probably one more convert who sees the light and stops drinking the Kool-Aid. I totally agree that we need to share pertinent information in order to protect each other and also expose FedEx Express for the fraudulent, unethical organization that it is....rotten to the core.

I never forget that, and even when Shoeshine Boy is defending FedEx, I have the larger goal I just articulated firmly in mind.

When all else fails, move the goalposts.

Ricochet1a

Mr. Fedex...you should just ignore Dano...he posts here to help interrupt the flow of information between employees. You have come up with a really great posts like when you asked couriers to share information on the big suprise and other upcoming topics. The more information we can share and the more questionable patterns we can reveal within Fedex just gives us a stronger lawsuit when Fedex finally forces its labor practices to far.

If Dano isn't paid to shill, then he must have one boring life.

He spent Sunday morning (at least 6 hours) posting away here, took a break, spent another hour, then spent an hour Sunday evening posting.

If he was trying to "stir the pot" (as he likes to state), in FAVOR of organizing, I'd swear he was a paid organizer if he was spending that kind of time.

During my last year with Express, I was an UNPAID organizer for the IBT. Never received a dime, just a bunch of literature to hand out and, "Best of Luck". Absolutely no regrets on my part though.

Who in the hell spends that kind of time "stirring the pot" against the wage employees, if they don't have a corporate agenda? Only kind of person I can think of (that doesn't have a corporate agenda) is someone who has absolutely no life whatsoever.

He ought to change his "name" to, "Need a Life"...

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
When all else fails, move the goalposts.

Nothing has failed except you. In the FedEx game, there are no goalposts because the game is rigged. Fred always wins...for now. Your presence here confirms the concerns of FedEx that the lowly hourlies are becoming informed and coalescing into a "problem".

59 Dano

If Dano isn't paid to shill, then he must have one boring life.

He spent Sunday morning (at least 6 hours) posting away here, took a break, spent another hour, then spent an hour Sunday evening posting.

If he was trying to "stir the pot" (as he likes to state), in FAVOR of organizing, I'd swear he was a paid organizer if he was spending that kind of time.

During my last year with Express, I was an UNPAID organizer for the IBT. Never received a dime, just a bunch of literature to hand out and, "Best of Luck". Absolutely no regrets on my part though.

Who in the hell spends that kind of time "stirring the pot" against the wage employees, if they don't have a corporate agenda? Only kind of person I can think of (that doesn't have a corporate agenda) is someone who has absolutely no life whatsoever.

He ought to change his "name" to, "Need a Life"...

I had time to kill on a Sunday and I killed it here. That's 1 day that I spent lots of time on here. I guess when MFE is out to overload BC's servers on nearly a daily basis with the sheer volume of posts (not to mention the dumb fiction that he sits around and thinks up), that's indicative of his vibrant, fulfilling life.

But feel free to extrapolate my 1 day into eternity. BTW, what kind of life do you have if you make an effort to log my posts?

59 Dano

Nothing has failed except you. In the FedEx game, there are no goalposts because the game is rigged. Fred always wins...for now. Your presence here confirms the concerns of FedEx that the lowly hourlies are becoming informed and coalescing into a "problem".

Your employment at FedEx confirms that the bar for performance is pretty low.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Your employment at FedEx confirms that the bar for performance is pretty low.

Whatever. Why don't you speak to Ricochet1a's question more honestly? Really, who spends a day on here? I come on for 30 mins or so, then I leave, maybe for the day. Maybe I come back later when I'm having a beer, maybe not. It really does appear you have a job to perform here. No insults, just an observation that would seem to confirm your mission is to do the bidding of FedEx. Am I wrong?

Ricochet1a

I had time to kill on a Sunday and I killed it here. That's 1 day that I spent lots of time on here. I guess when MFE is out to overload BC's servers on nearly a daily basis with the sheer volume of posts (not to mention the dumb fiction that he sits around and thinks up), that's indicative of his vibrant, fulfilling life.

But feel free to extrapolate my 1 day into eternity. BTW, what kind of life do you have if you make an effort to log my posts?

Ah yes.... nothing to do for the entire day of Sunday - so why not spend the entire day "stirring the pot" (presumably without being compensated).

Oh Bull.

Fred should be smart enough to have a tag team of shills to get his work done. Seems he can only afford to have one spend the day doing nothing but stirring the pot against his wage employees.

BTW.... it only took me 5 minutes to get your Sunday pattern down - it isn't rocket science.

Ricochet1a

An open comment to the owners and moderators of this site...

I know that you want to maintain "openness" on your forum, but there comes a point where allowing obvious corporate shills to clutter up a site that is supposed to be for the benefit of wage employees, is just too much.

Since the owners and moderators of this site are current or past UPS drivers (presumably), I'd also presume that there is a certain sympathy towards what your union refers to as "the labor movement".

The wage employees and a few salaried employees of FedEx (and a few former employees...) are doing whatever they can to get the word out amongst other employees about the impending reorganization of Express - and TRYING (in a futile effort it seems), to get enough that are concerned about their careers to do something about it.

Allowing obvious corporate shills to clutter the message ISN'T beneficial to the vast majority of your readership.

I know you don't want to put too many restrictions on your "money machine" (BC), but there comes a point where one has to realize what is going on out there - and realize that there is a higher purpose to be fullfilled in allowing a forum for those that are sympathetic to the labor movement - to be free of obvious corporate distractions and obfuscation.

I'm asking you to put principle above profit and eliminate the obvious corporate shills.

You (as UPS employees) have a direct stake in this fight. Should Fred S succeed in his vision, your employer in coming years will have no choice but to reduce your compensation more and more in order to maintain some degree of competitiveness with FedEx. You have a stake in this fight whether you want to realize it or not.

I think it is time to choose sides, take up principle over some insignificant loss of traffic - and do something for the benefit of the wage employees of FedEx - and by consequence yourselves.

vantexan

An open comment to the owners and moderators of this site...

I know that you want to maintain "openness" on your forum, but there comes a point where allowing obvious corporate shills to clutter up a site that is supposed to be for the benefit of wage employees, is just too much.

Since the owners and moderators of this site are current or past UPS drivers (presumably), I'd also presume that there is a certain sympathy towards what your union refers to as "the labor movement".

The wage employees and a few salaried employees of FedEx (and a few former employees...) are doing whatever they can to get the word out amongst other employees about the impending reorganization of Express - and TRYING (in a futile effort it seems), to get enough that are concerned about their careers to do something about it.

Allowing obvious corporate shills to clutter the message ISN'T beneficial to the vast majority of your readership.

I know you don't want to put too many restrictions on your "money machine" (BC), but there comes a point where one has to realize what is going on out there - and realize that there is a higher purpose to be fullfilled in allowing a forum for those that are sympathetic to the labor movement - to be free of obvious corporate distractions and obfuscation.

I'm asking you to put principle above profit and eliminate the obvious corporate shills.

You (as UPS employees) have a direct stake in this fight. Should Fred S succeed in his vision, your employer in coming years will have no choice but to reduce your compensation more and more in order to maintain some degree of competitiveness with FedEx. You have a stake in this fight whether you want to realize it or not.

I think it is time to choose sides, take up principle over some insignificant loss of traffic - and do something for the benefit of the wage employees of FedEx - and by consequence yourselves.

So everyone who is pro-FedEx must be booted off this site? Only messages approved by you are allowed? Seriously? If you are right in your calculations of FedEx malfeasance then you should be able to withstand any contrary arguments. In a public forum honest debate is healthy. Trying to control the message isn't.

Ricochet1a

So everyone who is pro-FedEx must be booted off this site? Only messages approved by you are allowed? Seriously? If you are right in your calculations of FedEx malfeasance then you should be able to withstand any contrary arguments. In a public forum honest debate is healthy. Trying to control the message isn't.

"Vantexan".... you need to pull your head out and do a reality check.

You're 50 some years old. You drive a beat up truck, soon will ride a bicycle to work, have lived in a trailer for Lord knows how long can't afford to retire in your own country - and you seriously think that "an honest debate is healthy"??

Take a look at a 50 year old driver for UPS and take a look at yourself.

Take a look at the income and assets of that 50 year old UPS driver, and take a look at yours. I'd bet your net value is less than $30,000 (excluding the value of whatever money you have set aside for retirement).

An honest debate? You want to spend time having an honest debate with corporate shills? You are out of your frickin' mind.

The "debate" has been stacked in the favor of FedEx for years. FedEx paid, they won, you LOST - time for you to realize that bit of unsettling truth. If you are drawing a wage from FedEx, there IS NO DEBATE. FedEx sends its shills here to try to obfuscate and confuse the issues facing the wage employees. You scream at the top of your lungs you are getting screwed by the company you are working for, THEN you want to "debate" the shills on the merits of their argument versus yours.

I'm surprised that a skit for Saturday Night Live hasn't been created out of this situation...

"Excuse me, but would you mind debating the merits of screwing your employees - the employees would like to have a good argument justifying their gettting bent over and violated. If you would be so kind. Oh by the way, Vantexan has something to say... I'M GETTING SCREWED!!! But you sure have some interesting talking points." My Gawd.

News for you, this isn't some high school debate club engaging in never ending pointless banter - it is real life, with real consequences and real people who are getting screwed. It isn't some theoritical argument held in a business class, attempting to show various perspectives on why the things are. the way they are to a bunch of spectator students. It's time for you to finally end your never ending Stockholm Syndrome and realize just who and where you are in this world, and start acting in your best interest and the best interest of those who are in the same situation as you.

And you want to play with Freds shills while simultaneously screaming your getting screwed?

Time to grow up and face reality and start doing something about it.

I've read your posts - on one hand you decry the abuses of crony capitalism and the effect it has on wage employees. Then moments later you scream about how you are a victim of that system that is stacked against you.

So what is it, are you a victim of crony capitalism, or are you just severly confused about your place in this life and are perpetually bent over because some one convinced you that your being bent over is the best way to manage a society?

Are crony capitalist supposed to "Get Jesus", see the light, and treat you with respect and dignity? I know this is what you think, and you need to realize that the crony capitalist sleep just fine at night KNOWING that they are putting a screw job on those who work for them. They don't care. Most of them clear their "souls" by throwing some cash at a charity or two, and think that they're doing wonderful things in this world. Jesus MUST love them, since they are able to touch so many lives...

Fred has got his bastard stepchildren (Ground helpers) qualifying for food stamps and in some cases, Medicaid. He'd put you in that same situation if he didn't have some concern that you'd finally grow a pair and sign a union card (along with the other Couriers).

There is such a thing known as "labor movement". Whether you want to admit it or not, you are a part of that. You aren't some rich trust fund "kid" that is waiting to get his millions and biding his time busting his butt working for a corporation that - in your own words - screws the living hell out of its employees.

There are SERIOUS issues facing the employees of Express - and you want to debate the stooges sent over here while you sit in your trailer and worry about not being able to retire in your own country?

No, if the owners and moderators of this site don't take a stand on principle, realize that THEY are part of the labor movement and do something to assist the employees of Express (if not for their good, for the good of IBT members who will be losing compensation against the machine of Fred), then there isn't any point of wasting time debating Fred's shills and stooges.

Mr. FedEx CHECK your off list email....

If you want to have an "honest debate", try taking it over to Brown Bailout or I Am FedEx. See just how far you'll get with your, "I'm getting screwed tale".

Honest debate is something academics have in a controlled setting where the issues don't really affect them. They all go home, win or lose, safe in the knowledge that their income won't change one bit due to the "points" they scored in the debate. You need to face up to reality and recognize this isn't some academic exercise. You and your coworkers have LOST. Debating the shills after having lost is about as useful as a dog chasing its tail.

Allowing Fred's minions to have free reign in a non-corporate, UPS employee (present and past) owned and monitored, IBT member (beneficiaries of the labor movement) forum, is about as useful as having a Satanist attend a bible revival and allowing him time to give his view on why evil isn't all that bad... There are certain things that are debatable, and others for which there isn't any debate - only nuance on how to accomplish a common goal.

vantexan

You're 50 some years old. You drive a beat up truck, soon will ride a bicycle to work, have lived in a trailer for Lord knows how long can't afford to retire in your own country - and you seriously think that "an honest debate is healthy"??

Take a look at the income and assets of that 50 year old UPS driver, and take a look at yours. I'd bet your net value is less than $30,000 (excluding the value of whatever money you have set aside for retirement).

An honest debate? You want to spend time having an honest debate with corporate shills? You are out of your frickin' mind.

The "debate" has been stacked in the favor of FedEx for years. FedEx paid, they won, you LOST - time for you to realize that bit of unsettling truth. If you are drawing a wage from FedEx, there IS NO DEBATE. FedEx sends its shills here to try to obfuscate and confuse the issues facing the wage employees. You scream at the top of your lungs you are getting screwed by the company you are working for, THEN you want to "debate" the shills on the merits of their argument versus yours.

I'm surprised that a skit for Saturday Night Live hasn't been created out of this situation...

"Excuse me, but would you mind debating the merits of screwing your employees - the employees would like to have a good argument justifying their gettting bent over and violated. If you would be so kind. Oh by the way, Vantexan has something to say... I'M GETTING SCREWED!!! But you sure have some interesting talking points." My Gawd.

News for you, this isn't some high school debate club engaging in never ending pointless banter - it is real life, with real consequences and real people who are getting screwed. It isn't some theoritical argument held in a business class, attempting to show various perspectives on why the things are. the way they are to a bunch of spectator students. It's time for you to finally end your never ending Stockholm Syndrome and realize just who and where you are in this world, and start acting in your best interest and the best interest of those who are in the same situation as you.

And you want to play with Freds shills while simultaneously screaming your getting screwed?

I've read your posts - on one hand you decry the abuses of crony capitalism and the effect it has on wage employees. Then moments later you scream about how you are a victim of that system that is stacked against you.

So what is it, are you a victim of crony capitalism, or are you just severly confused about your place in this life and are perpetually bent over because some one convinced you that your being bent over is the best way to manage a society?

Are crony capitalist supposed to "Get Jesus", see the light, and treat you with respect and dignity? I know this is what you think, and you need to realize that the crony capitalist sleep just fine at night KNOWING that they are putting a screw job on those who work for them. They don't care. Most of them clear their "souls" by throwing some cash at a charity or two, and think that they're doing wonderful things in this world. Jesus MUST love them, since they are able to touch so many lives...

Fred has got his bastard stepchildren (Ground helpers) qualifying for food stamps and in some cases, Medicaid. He'd put you in that same situation if he didn't have some concern that you'd finally grow a pair and sign a union card (along with the other Couriers).

There is such a thing known as "labor movement". Whether you want to admit it or not, you are a part of that. You aren't some rich trust fund "kid" that is waiting to get his millions and biding his time busting his butt working for a corporation that - in your own words - screws the living hell out of its employees.

There are SERIOUS issues facing the employees of Express - and you want to debate the stooges sent over here while you sit in your trailer and worry about not being able to retire in your own country?

No, if the owners and moderators of this site don't take a stand on principle, realize that THEY are part of the labor movement and do something to assist the employees of Express (if not for their good, for the good of IBT members who will be losing compensation against the machine of Fred), then there isn't any point of wasting time debating Fred's shills and stooges.

If you want to have an "honest debate", try taking it over to Brown Bailout or I Am FedEx. See just how far you'll get with your, "I'm getting screwed tale".

Honest debate is something academics have in a controlled setting where the issues don't really affect them. They all go home, win or lose, safe in the knowledge that their income won't change one bit due to the "points" they scored in the debate. You need to face up to reality and recognize this isn't some academic exercise. You and your coworkers have LOST. Debating the shills after having lost is about as useful as a dog chasing its tail.

Allowing Fred's minions to have free reign in a non-corporate, UPS employee (present and past) owned and monitored, IBT member (beneficiaries of the labor movement) forum, is about as useful as having a Satanist attend a bible revival and allowing him time to give his view on why evil isn't all that bad... There are certain things that are debatable, and others for which there isn't any debate - only nuance on how to accomplish a common goal.

Sorry, but at the point you start running off everyone who disagrees with you the forum becomes slanted, one sided, and un-American. It doesn't matter whether I'm getting screwed by the system or not, what matters is there are principles bigger than you or I at play. Principles that men died for and YOU don't get to set them aside because you only want a particular message heard. Present your beliefs when others present their's and let readers decide who is right. And if they decide the other side has merit then so be it. You don't get to take your ball and go home because the other kids won't play by your rules.

hypo hanna

I would be disappointed if Dano, et al were banned. Having them here just makes it easier for us to show the fallacy of their arguments to those watching who might be sitting on the fence. There are more and more of those every day. I'm afraid if they were to see dano banned, they could easily be turned of to our position and revert back to the kool aid drinkers.
As for BC, I am a guest in their house and am grateful for the platform to show the public the true nature of Fedex. I respect the rules of Brown CAfe. It is not my place to demand they kick another guest out. (Shill or not). If someone is breaking the rules, I say give them the boot. Dano has broken no rules that I see.

59 Dano

I would be disappointed if Dano, et al were banned. Having them here just makes it easier for us to show the fallacy of their arguments to those watching who might be sitting on the fence. There are more and more of those every day. I'm afraid if they were to see dano banned, they could easily be turned of to our position and revert back to the kool aid drinkers.
As for BC, I am a guest in their house and am grateful for the platform to show the public the true nature of Fedex. I respect the rules of Brown CAfe. It is not my place to demand they kick another guest out. (Shill or not). If someone is breaking the rules, I say give them the boot. Dano has broken no rules that I see.

And I don't want to see you banned, Hanna. You remind me of me when I was about 20 years old and thought I knew how to fix the world.

59 Dano

Sorry, but at the point you start running off everyone who disagrees with you the forum becomes slanted, one sided, and un-American. It doesn't matter whether I'm getting screwed by the system or not, what matters is there are principles bigger than you or I at play. Principles that men died for and YOU don't get to set them aside because you only want a particular message heard. Present your beliefs when others present their's and let readers decide who is right. And if they decide the other side has merit then so be it. You don't get to take your ball and go home because the other kids won't play by your rules.

He needs you on his side more than you need him on yours that should tell you about his motives. A difference of opinion is 1 thing, but that kind of extremism should be setting off red flags.

hypo hanna

And I don't want to see you banned, Hanna. You remind me of me when I was about 20 years old and thought I knew how to fix the world.
Well I'm hardly 20 but thanks for the compliment sweetie.
Yes it is a burden knowing right from wrong and trying to convince others to live by the ethics they profess. Still hoping they will come to the understanding that greed it not the highest ideal of humanity.

Fragiledonthrow

No it isn't, especially if they are going to rake you over the coals. Let's all have a goal of using at least 2 sick days the week preceeding October 1st. You're a team player, so we can count on you, right?

I don't get it??? Why use the sick days by October 1st.. My days don't get replenished until June . Please explain

XFILED

Well said R1a....

Goldilocks

I don't get it??? Why use the sick days by October 1st.. My days don't get replenished until June . Please explain

Because MrFedex wants everyone to call in sick the first week of October because of the "change" Dont think thats the way to do it. Why dont they just get together a very large group and ask for a meeting with FS himself. No because I guess they rather talk behind the mans back instead of facing him and saying it to his face.....

vantexan

Well said R1a....

Really? Notice the religious references. If I had to guess I'd say he threw them in because he thinks I'm a simple minded religious zealot who'd be impressed and manipulated by such rhetoric. Just a guess. I don't care what side they're on, be careful of anyone that tries to shape opinion by squelching dissent. You can disagree, vehemently even, but allow the other side to present their views. This I believe is why FOX News is so hated. If you watch the various tv news and opinion channels, as well as read the major newspapers, you realize that most are center-left to far left in their politics. FOX News is the only outlet outside of talk radio that presents views ranging from center-right to far right. Just knowing that there's one channel that does this just seems to be more than many liberals can bear. And very often you find that with all the blasting of FOX News, like they know it intimately, it turns out that they rarely, if ever, watch it. If ignorance is bliss there are a lot of happy people running around. Well said indeed...