Sick kid

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Do you realize, as a father, you're entitled under FMLA for up to 12 weeks off following the birth of a child? You can apply for "intermittent FMLA" and take your 12weeks off as separate single days (or several days in a row, or single weeks as needed). That way, when you need a day off to care for your baby....they can't peg you for attendance issues.

I don't know if you're a FTer or PTer...but PTers can still qualify for FMLA up to 6 weeks off.
Varies state to state. When I took it had to be 12 consecutive weeks within the first year of birth. Not allowed to break up into single days in my state. (3 years ago or so).

Future

Victory Ride
I have a true story on this topic.....many years ago....my child was a infant...my wife had burned many of her sick days etc after his birth..... I had some left.... He really needed to go to the DR. High fever etc......called in ... Was told "UPS didn't tell you to have a kid" get in to work

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I have a true story on this topic.....many years ago....my child was a infant...my wife had burned many of her sick days etc after his birth..... I had some left.... He really needed to go to the DR. High fever etc......called in ... Was told "UPS didn't tell you to have a kid" get in to work

My answer would have been "click"

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Family Medical Leave Act was passed in 1993.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
No it was just a short little illness ... wife couldnt take off time from work etc. i had days left and called in ... to take him to Dr. ... that is what they told me on the phone
If You had sick days available...why would you even give them a reason as to why you're calling off? This is ______ I won't be in today. Click.