Sick Pay

Oldfart

Does anyone besides me notice that the pay is never an exact amount. Instead of 40, mine came out to almost 43. I talked to people that should have gotten 32 and they got almost 34. Always been that way and I am not gonna turn it down.

MAKAVELI

IF they catch it. I changed managers at that time. Someone may have forgotten to put me in for sick time. How far do those stubs go back?
I don't know but I'm sure they go back more than a year. I wouldn't say anything either but you might want to check for yourself. It might take a while for them to catch it but they do more times than not.

Oldfart

Someone mentioned that they reward those with perfect attendance by giving them a little more with the MAPP pay. That might be why I also got 42-43 hours worth of pay on mine.
I was told by people that had 32 hours coming they were paid close to 2 hours more.

SmithBarney

I was told by people that had 32 hours coming they were paid close to 2 hours more.

If you asked you'd be told it's calculated by a computer and nobody really knows how it works.. if you told them you got paid extra, they'd just say "that's not possible, go back to work"

Oldfart

If you asked you'd be told it's calculated by a computer and nobody really knows how it works.. if you told them you got paid extra, they'd just say "that's not possible, go back to work"
Been getting extra for years. I never asked why or told management that it happened. Not my problem to figure out why.

Oldfart

I thought you never talked to anyone about their pay?
I don't. No idea what what they make per hour but when they asked me if my payment was more than 40 hrs I told them yes and they told me theirs was more than 32. How is that talking to people about their pay? Hours and pay are 2 different matters.

Schweddy

Balls
You dance around double standards and you act like you don't know.

It's been interesting seeing your character change from a judgmental shathat to..whatever you do now. It's like you're giving up on protecting Fedex. You gonna retire mid January?

You've told us how's much you make on here before OF. Even in bragging. And I don't go around talking about pay at work but have asked a few people about the sick pay. It's interesting how fast people will talk about certain topics you would never expect.

Oldfart

You dance around double standards and you act like you don't know.

It's been interesting seeing your character change from a judgmental shathat to..whatever you do now. It's like you're giving up on protecting Fedex. You gonna retire mid January?

You've told us how's much you make on here before OF. Even in bragging. And I don't go around talking about pay at work but have asked a few people about the sick pay. It's interesting how fast people will talk about certain topics you would never expect.
Whatever you say. I didn't ask anyone at the station how many hours they got, they asked me. You say I bragged about the pay but I was simply stating a fact about what a RTD made. How is that bragging? The pay is on the pay rate chart for everyone to see. If I have been there for a long time, it's very obvious I am at top of range. I work around over 100 other couriers. Other than the ones that I have worked with for many years, I have no idea what anyone else makes. None of my business.

I bet you are one of those tools that ask your friends and neighbors what they make, what they paid for something and how much their house note is. That's just not my style.

Schweddy

Balls
Wasn't it in the speculation thread you tell customers you don't talk about certain topics? Shouldn't you do the same ... yeah, every time someone says something to you, you should tell them you can't talk about it.

GIS is public info. I don't have to ask if it's public knowledge. Opposite is the double standard of Fedex having a people manual that isn't accessible and is pick and choose at the managers discretion. Last year they weren't going to pay sick pay...now someone said they might drop it to 3 days only. We'll see what happens.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Wasn't it in the speculation thread you tell customers you don't talk about certain topics? Shouldn't you do the same ... yeah, every time someone says something to you, you should tell them you can't talk about it.

GIS is public info. I don't have to ask if it's public knowledge. Opposite is the double standard of Fedex having a people manual that isn't accessible and is pick and choose at the managers discretion. Last year they weren't going to pay sick pay...now someone said they might drop it to 3 days only. We'll see what happens.
I have to disagree with you about the Policy Manual. It IS accessible to everyone. It's not as easy to look up something compared to having an actual book in your hands, but it IS available. I look up stuff a lot.