Sick time carryover not allowed?

ski or die

Ski or Die
Whats with this sick time crap? We never had any sick time. We had vacation and 2 personal holidays and that was it. Have I told you lately how tuff we had it?
Yeah, it was pretty bad back then fellow old timer. Had to use red radio wagons to carry the pkgs because we didn't have pkg cars yet. I hated it when I got a flat tire. And that d&*n handle gave me blisters pulling it all day.

542thruNthru

Whats with this sick time crap? We never had any sick time. We had vacation and 2 personal holidays and that was it. Have I told you lately how tuff we had it?

Tuff- a light, porous rock formed by consolidation of volcanic ash.

You would think after the 900 times you have typed it you would at least spell it right by now.

If it's easier for you, you could use the word hard. Though I'm sure that brings back depressing memories of the man you once were. ;)

Rack em

Made the Podium
We are allowed to bank up to 75 days of sick time. After you reach 75 days they start cashing them out. Western.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We are allowed to bank up to 75 days of sick time. After you reach 75 days they start cashing them out. Western.

Are you guys allowed to donate any of that banked time to a co-worker who is going to be out of work for an extended period of time due to an off the clock injury? That is the one thing that I would like to have added to our contract.

Prison guards do this all time when one of their own is going to be out of work for more than a month.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Are you guys allowed to donate any of that banked time to a co-worker who is going to be out of work for an extended period of time due to an off the clock injury? That is the one thing that I would like to have added to our contract.

Prison guards do this all time when one of their own is going to be out of work for more than a month.
Nothing in the contract about it, but that would be an awesome thing to have added. I know a lot of drivers who could really use it because of their kids.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Tuff- a light, porous rock formed by consolidation of volcanic ash.

You would think after the 900 times you have typed it you would at least spell it right by now.

If it's easier for you, you could use the word hard. Though I'm sure that brings back depressing memories of the man you once were. ;)
Everybody loves English Department of the Cambridge Center checking in!
oQmRZX.gif

Some JC supplements you can.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Hey there @HBGPreloader , I will give you some info from someone who is actually in your building and doesn't know how OUR supplement of the contract works.

You can NOT carry over sick days at the end of a contract year. After 5/1 you will be paid out for any unused sick or option days.

Read the last two lines I have highlighted in RED

You're welcome

ARTICLE 68 - SICK LEAVE

Refer to Master, Article 34 - UPS Part Time Pension Plan

Effective May 1, 1982, eligible employees shall be entitled to five (5) days sick leave with pay during each contract year.

An employee shall receive eight (8) hours pay for each day he/she is scheduled to work but is unable to report to work. Part time employees will be paid four (4) hours for each day he/she is sched- uled to work but is unable to report for work.

Temporary Cover Drivers will be paid eight (8) hours at current pro- gression rate if employee has worked as Temporary Cover Driver in the preceding fifteen (15) days.

An employee may combine sick days, personal days for a total of five (5) or ten (10) days and schedule additional weeks vacation in their place. This will only be allowed after all contractual vacation bidding. This shall be construed to mean forty (40) hours per week for full time employees and twenty (20) hours per week for part time employees.

Employees may accumulate their unused sick days during the life of this Agreement. In the event that sick days are used, payment shall be at the appropriate rate in effect that each sick day was earned. All accumulated sick days will be paid at the earned rate of pay. An employee may request payment of sick days upon retirement or sep- aration of employment. It is agreed that the conditions listed above will not result in abuse or interference with the Employer’s opera- tion. In the event the Union and Company are unable to reach an agreement under this Article at the expiration of the contract, all employees will be paid their accumulated sick days.

An employee may request payment for all unused personal and sick days any time during the contract year.

An employee shall be paid for any unused personal or sick days at the end of the contract year unless he/she elects to accumulate sick days.