Sick time carryover not allowed?

HBGPreloader

Hey Gang,
I have some unused sick time that I planned on carrying over into the new contract year.
However, I was informed by management(?) that we cannot do this at this time because we are at the end of the current contract.
My local (Central PA) hasn't opened yet and I didn't see the local steward this morning to ask him.
So, is this required?
The local supplement says I can request to accumulate sick time and it doesn't say anything about being forced to use them when the contract is expiring.

Cheers!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Hey Gang,
I have some unused sick time that I planned on carrying over into the new contract year.
However, I was informed by management(?) that we cannot do this at this time because we are at the end of the current contract.
My local (Central PA) hasn't opened yet and I didn't see the local steward this morning to ask him.
So, is this required?
The local supplement says I can request to accumulate sick time and it doesn't say anything about being forced to use them when the contract is expiring.

Cheers!
Call in tomorrow and say well if I can't save them I'm using them ;)

rod

Retired 22 years
Whats with this sick time crap? We never had any sick time. We had vacation and 2 personal holidays and that was it. Have I told you lately how tuff we had it?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Whats with this sick time crap? We never had any sick time. We had vacation and 2 personal holidays and that was it. Have I told you lately how tuff we had it?
Local had no nads? What's up with that?