Sick

Package_Donkey14

milk was a bad choice
Had to call in sick today... Don't like doing it, but spent all night praying to the porcelain Gods. Called my center and my on car answered. I said,"Hey man sorry but I'm sick and can't make it in today." His reply...."WHAT!" long pause..... I said, "I am sick,please use one of my optional paid days for today." He says "Oh Boy!" Then I end the call.... Love it how our management team doesn't give two :censored2:s about their people. Never said, Hey man get well soon or take care of yourself. Just waiting for the call back begging me to come in.. I really hope I don't have this nasty flu that I hear is going around... Anyone else out there getting sick?

barnyard

KTM rider
I was sick 2 days a week ago. Something is going around. Everyone in my family has had it and a couple others in my building also.

Package_Donkey14

milk was a bad choice
I was sick 2 days a week ago. Something is going around. Everyone in my family has had it and a couple others in my building also.

I deliver to a hospital and last week I walked in and saw a full waiting room with at least half a dozen people in wheel chairs. I went up to the front desk for the sig and asked the lady if there had been a car accident or some big mishap in the area that would prompt the number of people in there. She looked at me and said "It's the Flu." Never thought the flu could put people in a wheel chair. She told me it's the worst she has seen in her 22yrs at that hospital.

Package_Donkey14

milk was a bad choice
Wife had it last week. Off for three days. I caught a head cold this week. Trying to take it easy, but the boss won't cooperate.

Your a UPSer! That means you're a step up from superman. You can't get sick! You're invincible! HaHa!! At least that's how they treat you when you have to call in sick. Hope you feel better soon..

Ouch

Man the flu has killed like 13 people here in Tn. Packagedonkey take care of yourself. Chicken noodle soup and 7up. Hope you feel better bud. I didn't get a flu shot this year but you can bet your butt next year I will get mine in Sept.

Package_Donkey14

milk was a bad choice
Man the flu has killed like 13 people here in Tn. Packagedonkey take care of yourself. Chicken noodle soup and 7up. Hope you feel better bud. I didn't get a flu shot this year but you can bet your butt next year I will get mine in Sept.

Thanks Bud! Didn't get my Flu shot this year either... Lesson Learned!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
There is still time - February is peak flu month

blkmamba

Isn't it sad when something like this happens and you don't get a "feel better" or "take care of yourself". UPS has pushed management so far towards the "me first" spectrum that they can't look past how it will effect them.
If UPS staffed correctly and wouldn't send people home at the beginning of a sort then things like this would be but a little bump in the road. But because of micromanagement from above and numbers first it is impossible to "plan for the unexpected"

upschuck

It is smart to overstaff and send people home if they can, that way when someone calls in, then they have replacement there and no service delays.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Its amazing how they make you feel like crap but when you really feel like crap they can't get along without you. Sadly when you decide to tough it out and come in when you are sick, the next day they call you on the carpet because you ran late. Nice to be appreciated.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
It is smart to overstaff and send people home if they can, that way when someone calls in, then they have replacement there and no service delays.

If they call you, you are guaranteed your hours, even if they send you home. If they have a bunch of people on probation, then I could see that happening and them getting away with it.

upschuck

If they call you, you are guaranteed your hours, even if they send you home. If they have a bunch of people on probation, then I could see that happening and them getting away with it.
A next few people in line to work usually come in just to see if they have a chance of working, that is usually when they start asking people to go home. Center usually only posts start times for normal route drivers and any utility driver that will cover a vacation, everyone else is on call.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
A next few people in line to work usually come in just to see if they have a chance of working, that is usually when they start asking people to go home. Center usually only posts start times for normal route drivers and any utility driver that will cover a vacation, everyone else is on call.

Wow! That's crazy, why not quit? Are the on-calls seniority employees working different position(s)?