Sidney Powell Rolls Over

bacha29

Accepts deal. Pleads guilty on 6 misdemeanor charges. Gets years of probation and agrees to testify for the prosecution.
Will this action save her law license? Up to the disciplinary board to decide.

newolddude

Alternative headline: Sidney Powell agrees to release the Kraken on codefendants.

When she made her threat it was actually about the rum.

Kraken-Black-Spiced-Rum-1-75-L_2ba9e2aa-7a08-4a2a-94a3-e187373a54a2.88216a7bdf6e7e49834a4f1b57d93db2.jpeg

oldngray

nowhere special
If there is one defendant guilty of anything it would have to be Powell. She kept appearing on FOX saying she had proof that voting machines were rigged to change votes from Trump to Biden. Never produced proof. Kept saying she was going to "release the Kraken." She went from very respected attorney to total crackpot.
All she pled guilty to was misdemeaners about her trying to access voting machines. Nothing that would hurt Trump's case. She still believed in election fraud but couldn't prove it. Of course her plea bargain to make her case go away will be used to smear Trump.

vantexan

All she pled guilty to was misdemeaners about her trying to access voting machines. Nothing that would hurt Trump's case. She still believed in election fraud but couldn't prove it. Of course her plea bargain to make her case go away will be used to smear Trump.
But if you're going to go on national tv and say that people can't trust the process because Democrats have rigged voting machines to change votes then you better be able to prove it. A lot of people, myself included, believed her and thought she had proof.

There were a lot of anomalies and questionable rules changes in 2020. A lot of very odd things. And watching how the Dems are throwing ridiculous charges all at once in liberal districts where they're almost guaranteed convictions makes me think that it is highly likely they cheated as much as possible in 2020. But that doesn't excuse making claims you can't back up. The voting process is at the very core of our democracy and we can't undermine it without proof.

oldngray

nowhere special
But if you're going to go on national tv and say that people can't trust the process because Democrats have rigged voting machines to change votes then you better be able to prove it. A lot of people, myself included, believed her and thought she had proof.

There were a lot of anomalies and questionable rules changes in 2020. A lot of very odd things. And watching how the Dems are throwing ridiculous charges all at once in liberal districts where they're almost guaranteed convictions makes me think that it is highly likely they cheated as much as possible in 2020. But that doesn't excuse making claims you can't back up. The voting process is at the very core of our democracy and we can't undermine it without proof.
I agree she should have kept her mouth shut but hard to prove something when they keep trying to hide any evidence.

bacha29

What she pled guilty to were Georgia state charges and agreed to testify for the prosecution in the upcoming Georgia state trial. After seeing that Powell has rolled over will other charged do the same? We'll just have to wait and see.

As for the federal cases which is an entirely different matter but involves some of the same people how Powell's roll over impacts those cases, same thing ..wait and see.

vantexan

Powell was equally convinced that they could or she wouldn't have taken the deal. Improving her chances of saving her law license might have entered into her decision as well.
She's a 68 yr old multimillionaire. I doubt losing her law license at this point would be a tragedy.