Silly Customer Complaints

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I was trained the same way. You are not supposed to break up the shipment because only one shows the COD amount. If they show 1/1 even though there are 5 then deliver the other 4 and retain the COD for the next day.
You guys were trained incorrectly. I read the whole section of the methods on cod and there is no such requirement.

Often ground gets separated. If the 1 of 10 packages comes the day after the other 9 you'd have no idea it was a COD. Each package is required to have its own cod amount. Shippers are trying to get around paying what they should.

OPTION3

You guys were trained incorrectly. I read the whole section of the methods on cod and there is no such requirement.

Often ground gets separated. If the 1 of 10 packages comes the day after the other 9 you'd have no idea it was a COD. Each package is required to have its own cod amount. Shippers are trying to get around paying what they should.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
What do you base that on? A failure compared to what?

Based on the Investors call last week, here are some MyChoice facts presented:

- 11 million enrolled members
- Adding 100,000 new customers per week
- Available in 16 countries

Does not sound like a failure to me, considering it only started 2 years ago.

Combine those facts along with future plans for Access Point rollout in 2015 (20,000 new drop off points in 2015) and it's clear UPS is trying to make the options for the receiver more valuable.

Check out the presentations on the Investor Relations site - you might learn some things about what UPS is rolling out in 2015 and plans for the next 5 years.
You should quit chugging the brown Kool-Aid and try riding along on a route in the real world before proclaiming My Choice and Orion as successes.

BrownTexas

Couldn't agree more. I would love for them to tell me to pay for the other packages. Not going to happen. Sups train people the way they want to. Not the way they should. If they trained everyone right they wouldn't be able to hold things against you later on.

worldwide

You should quit chugging the brown Kool-Aid and try riding along on a route in the real world before proclaiming My Choice and Orion as successes.

You stated it was a failure so you must have evidence of such (a larger example than your route).

I did not mention Orion. Stick to the subject.

100,000 people signing up each week on a base of 11M That's failure?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I was trained the same way. You are not supposed to break up the shipment because only one shows the COD amount. If they show 1/1 even though there are 5 then deliver the other 4 and retain the COD for the next day.

Suppose the 4 prepaids got separated from the COD and arrived a day early. What would you do then?

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
What I was taught is when it is 1/5 2/5, etc and the first has a COD, none can be delivered if the first one has a COD, the shipment of all 5 is COD.
It saves time for one.
Instead of the Receiver having to hand over 5 checks or Money Orders, and the Driver having to record 5 amounts, it is done with one payment.
There was a time a person ordered 5 custom rims for his car.
1/5,2/5, etc.
1/5 was COD, the customer was given the 4 which were not COD, and never had money for the COD on the 1/5.
Guess who had to pay for the 4 which were given out?
Again, this is how I was trained, does not mean this is right, and it is one of the stories they tell you when being trained.
Just passing it on.
You don't write 5 checks. One check for the total.

Dr.Brownz

Ok if that's what they tell you to do. So you never use Not Ready? Surely you've had a call tag that wasn't ready on the first or second attempt. What do you put for those? Or an OCA pick up that wasn't ready? I'm just curious. I'm not knocking your methods or how you were trained, just curious.

I use NR for dogs. My center manager told me sheet undelivered packages as not ready and put dog in the comments

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I had a lady come to the door tonight and in a snotty voice say she heard the doorbell. Why was I making all that banging noise on the door. Don't knock on her door! I advised her it was our procedure to knock and ring. "I'll have to call and get that changed." "Okay, it's an international procedure. Enjoy your night."

oldngray

nowhere special
I know, I wanted to shut her up. Turn your camel left after the third sand dune, then it's the fourth tent on the left.

Google has the street maps to help the delivery driver.
camel-street-view-google-maps_h-1024x576.jpg

clean hairy

Here is another one off the Internet site pissed consumer:
"I ordered a new radiator for my truck, and UPS ran a fork lift blade through my new radiator"
Any hubs we know of that use forklifts?

thessalonian13

I had a national complaint called in on me by a woman because I left the 4 tires she ordered out in the rain by her garage door. She claimed that her tires were ruined by the rain and wanted UPS to pay a claim on them. LOL