Silly Customer Complaints

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
If the labels show 1/5 2/5 3/5 etc, and the first one has a COD on it, then none of the 5 can be left, as the entire shipment is COD.
BUT, if each label shows 1 of 1, then all but the COD can be left.
That's exactly how I was trained and have been told to do it this way many times.

tapatio75

Some MyChoice customers ask us to leave it with the doorman, helloooooo of course I have to override it since he/she is going to sing for the other 40 packages for the other residents anyways

542thruNthru

I've been tempted to do this. Is this fair game?

I delivered a COD return to a customer last week. It was a COD for 12k. He asked me where the other 10 boxes were. I told him I don't know you'd have to ask the person you sent them to. He cussed and screamed at me for 10 min.

Funny thing is... he called in a complaint saying I left his 10 packages with the man and I am working together with him to steal his stuff. He shipped them 2 states away. It's funny how people think we deliver everything we pick up personally.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I delivered a COD return to a customer last week. It was a COD for 12k. He asked me where the other 10 boxes were. I told him I don't know you'd have to ask the person you sent them to. He cussed and screamed at me for 10 min.

Funny thing is... he called in a complaint saying I left his 10 packages with the man and I am working together with him to steal his stuff. He shipped them 2 states away. It's funny how people think we deliver everything we pick up personally.
Once had a lady ship something to Alaska. She told the regular driver. I guess I won't see you for a few days huh.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Some MyChoice customers ask us to leave it with the doorman, helloooooo of course I have to override it since he/she is going to sing for the other 40 packages for the other residents anyways
Do they have to sing a song for each package or one for all 40?

gman042

Been around the block a few times
That's exactly how I was trained and have been told to do it this way many times.

I was trained the same way. You are not supposed to break up the shipment because only one shows the COD amount. If they show 1/1 even though there are 5 then deliver the other 4 and retain the COD for the next day.

The Driver

I drive.
I was trained the same way. You are not supposed to break up the shipment because only one shows the COD amount. If they show 1/1 even though there are 5 then deliver the other 4 and retain the COD for the next day.

So is there ever a case where there are, say, 5 packages for COD but only one has a COD amount on the label, but the packages are 1/5, 2/5, 3/5, etc.? Is it still ok to deliver the 4 that don't have the amount in $ on the label then?

worldwide

I thought the point of My Choice was to generate another source of revenue for UPS.

As an ultimate end game, I suppose it is but not from the $40 membership fee since only a small number of the millions of people that have enrolled in My Choice pay for premium membership.

My Choice gives the receivers more options to control their deliveries. Some of that control results in not having to make a 2nd or 3rd delivery attempt so that reduces cost for UPS.

Some of the choices given to the receiver creates increased satisfaction with UPS and, hopefully, more loyal customers that request UPS from the online merchants they do business with.

I don't believe that My Choice was created simply to generate revenue as a standalone service. It is a cost-reduction service that also increases customer satisfaction so it truly is a win-win for UPS and its customers.

oldngray

nowhere special
As an ultimate end game, I suppose it is but not from the $40 membership fee since only a small number of the millions of people that have enrolled in My Choice pay for premium membership.

My Choice gives the receivers more options to control their deliveries. Some of that control results in not having to make a 2nd or 3rd delivery attempt so that reduces cost for UPS.

Some of the choices given to the receiver creates increased satisfaction with UPS and, hopefully, more loyal customers that request UPS from the online merchants they do business with.

I don't believe that My Choice was created simply to generate revenue as a standalone service. It is a cost-reduction service that also increases customer satisfaction so it truly is a win-win for UPS and its customers.

So the point of My Choice is to charge customers more to save UPS money?

worldwide

My Choice is a colossal failure... just like Orion

What do you base that on? A failure compared to what?

Based on the Investors call last week, here are some MyChoice facts presented:

- 11 million enrolled members
- Adding 100,000 new customers per week
- Available in 16 countries

Does not sound like a failure to me, considering it only started 2 years ago.

Combine those facts along with future plans for Access Point rollout in 2015 (20,000 new drop off points in 2015) and it's clear UPS is trying to make the options for the receiver more valuable.

Check out the presentations on the Investor Relations site - you might learn some things about what UPS is rolling out in 2015 and plans for the next 5 years.

worldwide

So the point of My Choice is to charge customers more to save UPS money?

Considering the vast majority of MyChoice users do NOT pay for the service, UPS is not charging most receivers to save money. Again, retail studies have shown that receivers want more options to control how they receive their deliveries. UPS is giving customers what they want and some of those customers are willing to pay for these premium options. Since the services that require an extra charge (i.e. redelivery, 2 hour appointment window, etc.) require UPS to incur additional cost, why shouldn't UPS charge of the service? If someone is willing to pay for some of these services, isn't that a good thing for UPS?

clean hairy

So is there ever a case where there are, say, 5 packages for COD but only one has a COD amount on the label, but the packages are 1/5, 2/5, 3/5, etc.? Is it still ok to deliver the 4 that don't have the amount in $ on the label then?
What I was taught is when it is 1/5 2/5, etc and the first has a COD, none can be delivered if the first one has a COD, the shipment of all 5 is COD.
It saves time for one.
Instead of the Receiver having to hand over 5 checks or Money Orders, and the Driver having to record 5 amounts, it is done with one payment.
There was a time a person ordered 5 custom rims for his car.
1/5,2/5, etc.
1/5 was COD, the customer was given the 4 which were not COD, and never had money for the COD on the 1/5.
Guess who had to pay for the 4 which were given out?
Again, this is how I was trained, does not mean this is right, and it is one of the stories they tell you when being trained.
Just passing it on.

oldngray

nowhere special
If a multiple shipment only has a COD tag on 1 package all of the risks are on the shipper regardless of whether they are marked 1/1 or 1/5 etc. For UPS and the driver it is 1 COD package and the others are paid packages. The shipper can save shipping costs by only putting the tag on 1 package but it is done at his own risk so he should only do that if he trusts the consignee.

As to needing 5 checks or money orders you can get just one for multiple tags if it is from the same shipper.

dezguy

I would have turned around and walked the other way. If you want to yell, go ahead but it won't be at me. Swear at me and the conversation is over immediately. I don't go to work and swear at you and I damn sure don't come to work to be cussed at.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
A Pre-paid package in a multiple shipment is a prepaid package, you deliver on the first attempt. If you think the consignee is dishonest, get a signature to prove delivery. We lose money on Sendagains.