Simple hacks for the UPS driver - On topic please

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
We used to leave them all parked all around the center, on the street, with keys in the ignition, when we'd bring them in for the night. And there was a tavern literally across the street and two more a block away.

under the radar

A Trained Professional
Another simple hack---in the winter when its cold and dry, static electricity becomes an annoying problem. You will get shocked every time you touch metal in the package car. The solution....is to keep a $.79 box of dryer sheets in the car. Rub the dryer sheet on your seat and seat back, then put it in your back pocket to eliminate static electricity.
Now THAT is interesting. I'll give that a try. I usually have to ground myself by touching the bulkhead door while sliding out of the seat.

Ladies Man

Ditto on the spare underwear...and a whole change of clothes...ever slip and fall in a pile of dog poop? I know, I know, I never would fall if i abided by the "5 ways to prevent slips and falls". Build the wall!

OPTION3

That's exactly what I asked him to do. Text me a pic of a notice. He's in the dark ages and doesn't have a camera phone. So he just read a notice # off to me and that worked. But get this. I got the idea from another driver who has an AE Pickup. He picks up when he delivers, take a pic of the end of day but doesn't scan it. He sets an alarm on his phone and when it goes off during the 15 min window, he scans his phone and stop completes it. He does all that just to keep his pick up compliance high! I told him just stop complete the dang thing and just go about your day. He said "but that would lower my numbers and I don't have time to go back!" anyway I figured if he can scan an end of day then a pic of a info notice should work in a pinch. I've had a pack of info notices get wet before and the ink ran. The top 6 or 8 notices wouldn't scan. they got thrown in the trash till I found one that would scan. I guess now instead of wasting them I could punch in the # and save a little less trash in the world.
we've had drivers fired for doing this very thing

caravan42

During rainy days, I hate wet socks. I would bring a spare set of socks, and put the wet pair inside a plastic release bag and tie it off to a heater vent by my feet on the floor. Turn the heater on, the bag inflates and dries my socks within 40 min or so.

dqs95124

If your truck doesn't have a key fob, take the bulkhead key off the ring and leave it in the bulkhead door. Keeps you from having to take keys out of the ignition, put them in the bulkhead lock, back into the ignition. Also ensures you never lock yourself out.

MC0493

Carry a philips screwdriver, any truck with sealed beam headlights has 2 adjustment screws. Worth spending a couple of minutes to re-aim the lights. Makes life alot better with properly aimed headlights.

Mason3000

Isn't that the truth usually a key in the bulkhead and one in the backdoor. The first winter I drove a sprinter I don't think I shut it off from November to March

The Sprinter is ridiculous. No key-fob, the bulkhead has a low overhead, bulkhead is on a bias facing away from the driver seat & has the bulkhead lock also on that bias facing away from the driver seat. You need to be left handed or double jointed to make that work.

Btw, do any of the sliding doors ever close properly on Sprinters? At my hub 2 out of 3 lose the siding doors within a week. I drove today with package tape holding my sliding door closed (again). Ours are always somewhere in the spectrum of being new/fixed- breaking-being taped-being repaired-breaking-being taped-being repaired again. Last winter I had the sliding door whip open on me on the freeway when the packaging tape gave way. It was below zero, I didn't have tape, was racing to make an early AM commit & couldn't fix it till after the stop. 15 miles on the freeway with below zero air whipping through the cab. friend'ing miserable.

Box Ox

Put translucent red tape over the dome light in the front cabin. Makes the driver area look like a submarine battle bridge or whatever, and improves the night vision going in and out of the PC if you're running in a dark area at night.

Eyes have a longer to adjust as you move from the back to the front and out the door.

Mason3000

The Sprinter is ridiculous. No key-fob, the bulkhead has a low overhead, bulkhead is on a bias facing away from the driver seat & has the bulkhead lock also on that bias facing away from the driver seat. You need to be left handed or double jointed to make that work.

Btw, do any of the sliding doors ever close properly on Sprinters? At my hub 2 out of 3 lose the siding doors within a week. I drove today with package tape holding my sliding door closed (again). Ours are always somewhere in the spectrum of being new/fixed- breaking-being taped-being repaired-breaking-being taped-being repaired again. Last winter I had the sliding door whip open on me on the freeway when the packaging tape gave way. It was below zero, I didn't have tape, was racing to make an early AM commit & couldn't fix it till after the stop. 15 miles on the freeway with below zero air whipping through the cab. friend'ing miserable.

It hit -19' here a few weeks back and the GD bulkhead on the Sprinter wouldn't close. I tried to wedge a piece of cardboard in the bulkhead door but it didn't work as planned. Instead it jammed the door half way open. 12 hours of freezing my :censored2:. I turned in a slip to have it repaired. The next day was wicked cold again and the mechanic's note read "Found piece of cardboard wedged in bulkhead, should be good now" :rolleyes:

Exiquio

Another simple hack---in the winter when its cold and dry, static electricity becomes an annoying problem. You will get shocked every time you touch metal in the package car. The solution....is to keep a $.79 box of dryer sheets in the car. Rub the dryer sheet on your seat and seat back, then put it in your back pocket to eliminate static electricity.
You r a life saver, I thought it was the new shoes I got.

Exiquio

I
Wooden clothespin makes a good holder for call tags, driver follow-ups, other paper work. Clamp them all together and place them at the front of the 2000 shelf so you will see it every time you open the bulkhead door.
I place call tag,DFU & info notice in my shirt pocket, just fold em up.

tdgolf

The newer PC's have a bungie cord preinstalled on the section 4 shelf. I had my mechanic drill a hole inside the loop of the metal hook. Bought a long neck type master lock that threads thru the loop and shelf ledge. The cord is threaded thru the tongue of the hand cart so it can't be pulled out from underneath. So it could cut be with a knife, but it keeps preload from putting in my cab and vulnerable to theft.