Simple hacks for the UPS driver - On topic please

Distracted driver

Distracted Driver
I'd like to start a thread to share simple "hacks" that could make things easier for drivers. Here are a few that I have come up with during my 28 year career.

This is the "zip tie Mag Light holder." All you need is a zip tie and a Phillips head screwdriver to solve the problem of keeping your flashlight handy. The location may vary according to the model of truck you drive but the idea is the same.
View attachment 57836
Lol dude your truck looks like it's from 1978 I guess you do not have all new trucks in your area

jaker

trolling
If you use the diad pouch and hate how short it is or how it makes you bend your elbow weird to use it

Take another pouch and cut the pouch part off and use the belt part to extend your pouch it will lower your pouch down and put the diad right at arms length and make it easier to put in and take out

wayfair

swollen member
If you use the diad pouch and hate how short it is or how it makes you bend your elbow weird to use it

Take another pouch and cut the pouch part off and use the belt part to extend your pouch it will lower your pouch down and put the diad right at arms length and make it easier to put in and take out

a couple of pics for this DIY

jaker

trolling
20170430_091039.jpg
20170430_090939.jpg
a couple of pics for this DIY

Over disciplined0123

I'd like to start a thread to share simple "hacks" that could make things easier for drivers. Here are a few that I have come up with during my 28 year career.

This is the "zip tie Mag Light holder." All you need is a zip tie and a Phillips head screwdriver to solve the problem of keeping your flashlight handy. The location may vary according to the model of truck you drive but the idea is the same.
View attachment 57836
Dude it looks like your truck is from 1977

Over disciplined0123

I seen helpers will be able to use thier cell phones to deliver this peak. Lol. What happens when it drops and breaks will Ups pay for screen replacement. I’m sure that will be a stipulation and have to sign a waiver

The Natural

in feeder everything in the cab has to be secured or put in a box on the catwalk behind the cab.

you are right, bungees, zip ties, duct tape, are all good friends to have.

several drivers have been killed ( none UPS ) when they had a rollover and tire chains hit their heads.

DOT told us that but they very rarely if ever enforce that. it's just good common sense.
Things strapped to the deck can be considered dangerous and if at an inspection station. You can be sited.