Simple hacks for the UPS driver - On topic please

baklava

I don’t work at UPS anymore.
Missing bungee tie for handcart? Use packing tape and clips.

Attachments

• F81E2E98-4A8F-4516-997A-74C1A2E5EAAA.jpeg
    F81E2E98-4A8F-4516-997A-74C1A2E5EAAA.jpeg
    131.6 KB · Views: 889

MotownBrown

Look for mistakes in addresses with NDA of you need a couple extra moments to make service. I'm at a mall that actually has several addresses and alot of the labels are inaccurate with the address or suite number. Once in a while I can sheet a nda as an nsn if I have no chance of making all the air. I've gone on very long walks with packages sheeted at 1029 to keep it on the up and up. Doing it for so long you acquire a few tricks up your sleeve

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
Look for mistakes in addresses with NDA of you need a couple extra moments to make service. I'm at a mall that actually has several addresses and alot of the labels are inaccurate with the address or suite number. Once in a while I can sheet a nda as an nsn if I have no chance of making all the air. I've gone on very long walks with packages sheeted at 1029 to keep it on the up and up. Doing it for so long you acquire a few tricks up your sleeve
Not Smart these days. That is an old trick from the past. Good way to get an un-paid vacation

MotownBrown

Not Smart these days. That is an old trick from the past. Good way to get an un-paid vacation

Why? A bad address is a bad address and we don't give refunds on them. It's the shippers responsibility to provide an accurate address to guarantee service. I've never had to defend my actions, I'd guess my argument would hold it's ground, not that I want to find out.

Rack em

Made the Podium

Why? A bad address is a bad address and we don't give refunds on them. It's the shippers responsibility to provide an accurate address to guarantee service. I've never had to defend my actions, I'd guess my argument would hold it's ground, not that I want to find out.
It's basically dishonesty. If you know the correct address then you should try and make service on it if you can. But with the way our horrible air network has been lately, I don't think Ups cares about late air anymore. I used to have maybe 5 late air a week, but now I only have about 5 on time all week. It's a :censored2:ing joke!

MotownBrown

Its not dishonest, if they can't get the address correct and it's within the rulebook to sheet it as so. That said I do however take pride in taking good care of my customers and if its at all possible to make service I make service. Shoot even when it's not possible I still make it possible anyway. The way I see it is if we can't provide the service they need somebody else will....at least try. No customers no job.

Eye To Eye Contact.

Is you have a flashlight with a long clip like mine. It’s fits snug and perfect on the DIAD pouch. Easy to get to and it makes it more efficient personally. And also this is the perfect flashlight for the job. Have had it for 4 years. And it’s been and still is amazing.

Attachments

• 3D5298AE-3C36-426C-AECC-042E57B6F8AA.jpeg
    3D5298AE-3C36-426C-AECC-042E57B6F8AA.jpeg
    145.3 KB · Views: 850
  • C8AE5275-517D-4F13-91CA-7D39A3A2BC0E.jpeg
    C8AE5275-517D-4F13-91CA-7D39A3A2BC0E.jpeg
    155.2 KB · Views: 797

Majormiro

Waiting for what seems like an eternity for your DIAD screen to sleep before finally being able to reawake the screen to view a message? Well wait no more with this simple “hack”...
On your EDD screen (ODO or RDO), simply open any stop; void the stop; and voila; the message appears.

browniehound

Three quarters of my last route was on the other side of a 2000' ridge. Four steep, twisty miles to get to it. If it was the least bit slick, I could make it as long as nobody slowed me down by getting stuck or sliding off the road.

I could drive 35 miles around and come in the other end of the valley, but when I would call and inform management, they would usually tell me just to EC everything.

WAD!!
Just reading that and the 2000 ft ridge gives me anxiety hahaha

H.E. Pennypacker

Mmm, Mombasa!
I'd like to start a thread to share simple "hacks" that could make things easier for drivers. Here are a few that I have come up with during my 28 year career.

This is the "zip tie Mag Light holder." All you need is a zip tie and a Phillips head screwdriver to solve the problem of keeping your flashlight handy. The location may vary according to the model of truck you drive but the idea is the same.
View attachment 57836
That hole in the dash could be used as a fleshlight holder if you ever get that special feeling on your lunch!