Sleeper Team Driver Life HODGKINS

Rown1986

Got an interview and road test for CACH sleeper team this Monday, any words of advice? Really need this job, only got my CDL a couple weeks ago. Also see UPS does flatbeds and had a recruiter contact me about one out of East Chicago, 75k to 78k starting pay.

WannaBeFeeder

Got an interview and road test for CACH sleeper team this Monday, any words of advice? Really need this job, only got my CDL a couple weeks ago. Also see UPS does flatbeds and had a recruiter contact me about one out of East Chicago, 75k to 78k starting pay.
A couple weeks ago ? Do they know that ? Last i heard the wanted 1 year EXP unless they are that desperate for drivers

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
I pull a flatbed from the airport everyday.
Yeah
FB_IMG_1596296184009.jpg

quad decade guy

I delivered an enclosed air trailer to a Houston area airport hub. Another flatbed, roller type air trailer driver arrived soon after...missing a can. He phoned his dispatch and was told to "go find it"(apparently retracing his route until he found it). Wow. The driver explained this was a fairly common occurrence "with these type trailers". Also it was someone's else's responsibility to secure it. I guess that's all true? He didn't seem too concerned.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
I pull a flatbed from the airport everyday.
Really? In Florida? I had to look it up on upsjobs and only saw they do that in states like Indiana and Illinois. We pull air can trailers exclusively from the airport here.
🤷‍♂️

Rown1986

A couple weeks ago ? Do they know that ? Last i heard the wanted 1 year EXP unless they are that desperate for drivers

I would imagine they know that...they reached out to me, some places count CDL training as 1 year of experience, its basically for insurance reasons. Ill find out what happens on Monday. CACH is the largest sort in all of USA, maybe they are just preparing for busy season.

Last edited:

Johney

Really? In Florida? I had to look it up on upsjobs and only saw they do that in states like Indiana and Illinois. We pull air can trailers exclusively from the airport here.
🤷‍♂️
Yup,we pull them everyday here. Airport hates them they always have problems with the ratcheting lock downs.

WTFm8

I don’t doubt it’s possible. I doubt a package car driver works 58-60 hours a week year round. That’s all. You didn’t post the date on your stub, so prove me wrong and you win.

I did 15 months straight 6th punch package 2018-2019. Lowest seniority sucked lol